PDA

View Full Version : Criminal Minds Season 8 ~ New Unsubs and a New Profiler

Pages : [1] 2 3

AragornElessar
09-26-2012, 05:25 AM
I know those of you guys in the States don't see it until tomorrow night, but we got the Season Premiere up here in Canada tonight. I haven't seen the entire episode as of yet thanks to a me having a very low dip in my Blood Sugar and needing to make a PBJ sandwich during the last twenty minutes, but what I have seen I was happy w/. I'm about to fix that w/watching it on CTV Edmonton right now.

I won't give anything away, but I will say this. Unlike the mess of two years ago when AJ Cook and Paget Brewster were let go w/no warning and then a quick and awful new addition to the team which was due to fail anyway. That was due to the fact the writers being hijacked by CBS for the mistake that was CM : Suspect Behaviour. The mistake IMO was the way CBS handled the entire thing BTW and not the actual concept or the cast of CM :SB. Anyway...

This time around, so far that is, the addition of Jeanne Tripplehorn is more in line w/when Paget's Emily and Joe Mantenga's David Rossi joined the team. It's so far a much smoother transition IMO. I also like what I've seen so far too.

Can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks tomorrow night. Oh and I didn't get a chance to say it last season, but it was so lovely to not have to deal w/a cliffhanger Season Finale *and* also a happy ending too. :)

Buzz
09-26-2012, 08:29 AM
I liked CM: Suspect behavior. :(

Angelskates
09-26-2012, 09:38 AM

Me too.

MacMadame
09-26-2012, 04:15 PM
I liked it better than the original and am still pissed that they ended on a freaking cliffhanger!

Anyway, I am looking forward to the premiere of Criminal Minds tonight.

l'etoile
09-26-2012, 06:29 PM

Forest Whitaker really had it:(

Ugh, I was so upset with Peget being let go the first time, and now she's gone with her own will! She was my favorite character in CM. I'm really looking forward to seeing what/who writers/producers brought into Emily's seat.

But, I do love Jeanne Tripplehorn, so, really mixed feeling, here!

liv
09-26-2012, 10:08 PM
I watched it too on tuesday night and the addition of Tripplehorn was ok. She didn't detract from the usual crew. So far so good.

milanessa
09-27-2012, 01:04 AM
:wall: Law and Order - SVU starts tonight, too and it's a 2 hour premiere that starts at the same time as CM. Usually I watch CM and then SVU. What do, what to do? :drama:

victorskid
09-27-2012, 01:07 AM
Happy to live in Canada where I could watch CM last night and L&O:SVU tonight :)

MacMadame
09-27-2012, 01:13 AM
:wall: Law and Order - SVU starts tonight, too and it's a 2 hour premiere that starts at the same time as CM. Usually I watch CM and then SVU. What do, what to do? :drama:

You don't have a DVR? :shuffle:

I rarely watch anything live any more... I watch it when it appears on my DVR and fast-forward past the commercials.

milanessa
09-27-2012, 01:17 AM
Happy to live in Canada where I could watch CM last night and L&O:SVU tonight :)

:P

CDANN1013
09-27-2012, 01:30 AM

The season premiere of SVU is being shown again Sat night.

Carol

milanessa
09-27-2012, 01:33 AM
You don't have a DVR? :shuffle:

I rarely watch anything live any more... I watch it when it appears on my DVR and fast-forward past the commercials.

Nope. Don't need any more gadgets.

The season premiere of SVU is being shown again Sat night.

Thank you, thank you!

MacMadame
09-27-2012, 01:53 AM
Nope. Don't need any more gadgets.

It's part of my cable box. So it's not another gadget but a feature of a gadget you have to have to have cable.

milanessa
09-27-2012, 02:02 AM
Maybe I should have said I don't need another cable service. Around $200 a month is as much as I'm willing to pay.

victorskid
09-27-2012, 02:25 AM
Those who watch CM and watch L&O:SVU opener will see a familiar face. I thought she was living happily in England :)