PDA

View Full Version : How I Met Your Mother (tv show)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

algonquin
09-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Any fans of "How I Met Your Mother" here? Are you enjoying the journey or would you rather just meet the mother?

I like mysteries, so I am enjoying this journey but I hope that we meet the mother at the end of season.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/25/how-i-met-your-mother-thats-nice-now-whos-the-mother/

Fridge_Break
09-25-2012, 08:35 PM
I believe this is the last season? I've read a few interviews and it sounds like they're winding things down. I love the show so much (great to watch reruns or past seasons on DVD!) that I'd be fine with it continuing for as long as possible, but I know that a lot of people are getting kind of antsy waiting for the big reveal of the mother.

Last night's premiere gave us a big piece to the puzzle of how he met her :) Now just to find out who she is!

shan
09-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Oh that's what HIMYM stands for. okay.... :duh:

liv
09-25-2012, 11:25 PM
I like the show too and actually only came to start watching it a couple of years ago. I watch a lot of reruns. It was the one premiere last night i made sure to watch. I think they've drawn it out as much as they can and this year would probably be a good year to finish it off... or one more season after that.

Angelskates
09-26-2012, 01:50 AM
I hope they finish it this season :) Though I do enjoy it.

PDilemma
09-26-2012, 04:23 AM
I'm addicted to this show.

I think I need an intervention.

BaileyCatts
09-26-2012, 10:58 AM
They almost have to end it this year, next year at most. The very first episode, we see the kids sitting on the couch to hear the story of how Dad met their mother and it said the year was 2030. The daughter looks to be about 15, which means she had to be born no later than 2015, which means mom is pregnant by 2014, so they gotta be together by then blah blah blah .... :lol:

Fridge_Break
09-26-2012, 02:00 PM
They almost have to end it this year, next year at most. The very first episode, we see the kids sitting on the couch to hear the story of how Dad met their mother and it said the year was 2030. The daughter looks to be about 15, which means she had to be born no later than 2015, which means mom is pregnant by 2014, so they gotta be together by then blah blah blah .... :lol:

Yeah I've been thinking that, too. Did you see the episode last season where they flashed forward 2/3 years? Not going to spoil it for anyone who didn't see it. :)

I guess the question is if they're going to do a season after Ted meets his wife. I guess it's a possibility, but I don't think they will.

algonquin
09-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Yeah I've been thinking that, too. Did you see the episode last season where they flashed forward 2/3 years? Not going to spoil it for anyone who didn't see it. :)That was a nice scene.

I guess the question is if they're going to do a season after Ted meets his wife. I guess it's a possibility, but I don't think they will.I saw an interview with Neil Patrick Harris on Monday. He said that the show should end when Ted meets the mother.

Theatregirl1122
09-26-2012, 04:22 PM
They pretty much told us that Ted meets the mother 8 months from now, right?

I'd rather it didn't end when he met the mother. After all this build up, I'd like to actually get to know her. But I understand why they would end the show when he does. For one thing, you'd assume he stops telling the story of how he met their mother once he meets their mother. And, if she were a character on the show, they might have a problem with people not liking her after all of the build up.

Norlite
09-27-2012, 03:56 AM
Didn't they already tell us who their mother was a season or so ago?

The roommate of a Rachel Bilson. Ted was dating her (Rachel) and met her then although we only saw her from behind as she left the room.

I don't really watch this religiously, is it possible the roommate became a regular character?

Fridge_Break
09-27-2012, 04:05 AM
We did find out that the mother was the roommate of a woman he once dated, but he stated at the end of the episode that he wouldn't actually meet her until a few years later, so I don't think she's a recurring character. But who knows, perhaps we've seen her face before, but she's never played any sort of role in any of the episodes. :)

Theatregirl1122
09-27-2012, 02:51 PM
We know that she carries the yellow umbrella, we know that she was the roommate of Rachel Bilson's character, we know that Ted meets her at Barney's wedding (which he said last season. The reveal at the end of the last episode might mean that he actually meets her the day of Barney's wedding or that he meets her at the wedding but doesn't really notice her until the platform), we know she was in the class he accidentally taught his first day, we know she was at the St. Patrick's day party where he hits on a married woman.

It seems unlikely that the mother is already a reoccurring character since the point of the show is that he'd never met her, although he comes close. But I could be wrong. Ted does says that, when he gets their mother's number, he calls right away. So she's at least not someone whose number he already has.

There is some speculation that the mother may be Barney's half sister since we haven't met her yet and, presumably, she'd be at Barney's wedding.

(I have a friend who I some times have actual long conversations with about this.)

Celine82
09-27-2012, 03:18 PM
There is some speculation that the mother may be Barney's half sister since we haven't met her yet and, presumably, she'd be at Barney's wedding.
I thought I was following the series quite closely, but apparently I missed the fact that Barney has a half sister... :slinkaway
Is she his dad's daugther from his second marriage?

Theatregirl1122
09-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Yep, and she was in college which would fit with the idea of her being in the econ class that Ted tried to teach Architecture to. Which is how the theory developed.