PDA

View Full Version : 500 Days until Sochi!

Pages : [1] 2

lamarenee
09-25-2012, 02:34 PM
http://m.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/russia-celebrates-500-days-until-2014-sochi-winter-olympics-says-preparations-on-schedule/2012/09/25/3679dde8-0703-11e2-9eea-333857f6a7bd_story.html

MikiAndoFan#1
09-25-2012, 02:37 PM
:cheer2: I can't wait!

Sylvia
09-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Here's a Moscow news article in English about Sochi and the Olympic venues, transportation, etc.: http://themoscownews.com/business/20120917/190240098.html

l'etoile
09-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Wow!! It's amazing how so much can change during very short amount of time and now that Sochi is coming up, I think things would get crazier than ever before!

IceIceBaby
09-25-2012, 05:19 PM
500 days and then a whole generation of skaters will retire :(

Vash01
09-25-2012, 05:20 PM
It's not even 2013 yet, and I am already excited and looking forward to Sochi. I wish I could be there in person in 2014.

peibeck
09-25-2012, 05:29 PM
500 days and then a whole generation of skaters will retire :(

Don't be sad; there is definitely an exciting new generation of skaters coming up, especially in the Russian ladies and dance teams. :)

There are rumors the venue for the ice skating (and this year's GPF!) isn't completed yet. Hopefully they are getting the roads and venues in order quickly.

love_skate2011
09-25-2012, 05:32 PM
Don't be sad; there is definitely an exciting new generation of skaters coming up, especially in the Russian ladies and dance teams. :)

There are rumors the venue for the ice skating (and this year's GPF!) isn't completed yet. Hopefully they are getting the roads and venues in order quickly.

indeed a whole new generation that promises to be exciting

ice skating venue ? I think its done
there is a Federation Cup scheduled to be held in October 7 in Soci
so I assume its the same venue

TwizzlerS
09-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Attending a Winter Olympics is #1 on my bucket list and I think Sochi is the time to check that one off. I've never gone to any Olympics. Is anyone thinking of going to Sochi or have any suggestions on how to plan the trip?

DaiKozOda
09-25-2012, 06:03 PM
I haven't been this excited about the OG since Salt Lake City. Can't wait for Sochi :)

DaveRocks
09-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Attending a Winter Olympics is #1 on my bucket list and I think Sochi is the time to check that one off. I've never gone to any Olympics. Is anyone thinking of going to Sochi or have any suggestions on how to plan the trip?

I definitely plan to go! :cheer: It's too soon to book flights and hotels, but I'll be doing so just as soon as it's possible. The venue for skating is a decent size (I think it holds 12,000), so I'm hoping that I'll be able to get tickets...

peibeck
09-25-2012, 08:52 PM
ice skating venue ? I think its done
there is a Federation Cup scheduled to be held in October 7 in Soci
so I assume its the same venue

:cheer2: Good to know they are going to have a skating event there before the GPF. (And yes, it is at the "Iceberg" as they have dubbed the arena!)

FarFarAway
09-26-2012, 06:06 AM
It's not even 2013 yet, and I am already excited and looking forward to Sochi. I wish I could be there in person in 2014.
Well, it'll be much easier to be there in Sochi for Europeans and Americans than for Russians, sadly.

It is almost ready, if you understand the Russian meaning of almost :D As far as I know the Iceberg is not completely ready and there is a great deal of construction works going on around it and the whole site, so I expect there will be some discomfort of a kind :D

4rkidz
09-26-2012, 06:32 AM

I started to look for tour groups but haven't really seen anything yet.. I have a Canadian and European passport - so I don't know if I still need a visa :confused: That's why I figured would be simpler but more expensive to go with a tour group.. but is on my bucket list right now :D

I definitely plan to go! :cheer: It's too soon to book flights and hotels, but I'll be doing so just as soon as it's possible. The venue for skating is a decent size (I think it holds 12,000), so I'm hoping that I'll be able to get tickets...

are you looking at planning yourself or going with a tour group.. or we can just join your group ;)

FarFarAway
09-26-2012, 12:05 PM
I am planning, but it all depends on how expensive tickets will be and how they will be sold inside Russia. Something tells me this won't be that easy.

Hotel booking (at least for Russian citizens) will be the easiest part in this, as it seems. They plan to make it organized here with the kind of call center and website where there will be all the info on the hotels and prices, but these are only talks as of now.

If I hear anything definite, I may post it on the board, if someone needs the info.