PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Men 2012-13 news, updates & general discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

dots
10-06-2012, 02:07 AM
ETA: JEREMY ABBOTT new programs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtWzcVMkbfE Spy sp

And the plot thickens for U.S. men. Good luck to all.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

What a hot piece of ass!

Sorry but someone has to say it! :slinkaway :swoon:

Vagabond
10-06-2012, 02:30 AM
Johnny sp at Finlandia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaCdSZ-sZJc

It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane,

:scream:

BittyBug
10-06-2012, 05:45 AM
Sorry but someone has to say it! :slinkaway :swoon: No they don't. :saint:

misskarne
10-06-2012, 08:53 AM
I just watched Johnny's program, and if he thinks he can turn up at Nationals and win with that, he's got another think coming.

Bland, bland, tacky.

olympic
10-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Dornbush just :kickass: at Finlandia Trophy and got silver:

http://www.figureskatingresults.fi/results/1213/FT2012/index.htm

scored around 169 pts. in the LP. Finished 2d only to Hanyu.

Did the Quad, too

Mrs. P
10-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Besides the quad, Richard also did this awesome Rippon Lutz-Rippon Triple Toe combo. And it fits perfectly with the beat at that point in the music.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezleRILtPTs#t=2m28s

dots
10-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Ohhhhhh that was exciting! :watch:

Round One:

Weir vs. Dornbush:

Dornbush winner!!!

Next stop Abbott vs. Lysacek :EVILLE:

olympic
10-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Looking at the TES in my link above, Ricky w/ 1 fall actually beat a clean Hanyu in TES!

Very exciting!

aftershocks
10-06-2012, 09:44 PM
^^ Good for Richard! I still like Richard's sp better. His fp is good and he obviously performed well, but I found it a bit too frenetic in some places, plus Jeremy Abbott did this style of program far more masterfully last season. I see Richard attempting to incorporate the story-telling elements from his fp of two seasons ago, but his effort for this fp so far doesn't work for me on the level of artistic interpretation. Still it is early yet, and in any case, fs judges don't really care about artistry as long as technical difficulty and consistency is achieved.

I'm sure Richard will get better and better as the season progresses, and it's great to see him so strong and confident, and back on track. He definitely has two solid programs, and I'm glad the skate boot problem was solved too. :)

Mrs. P
10-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Looking at the TES in my link above, Ricky w/ 1 fall actually beat a clean Hanyu in TES!

Very exciting!

Indeed! Ricky's BV was nearly four points higher than Yuzuru's, which is about how much he lost on the fall with quad (-1 fall + -3 GOE). But he made it with major +GOE. He got a whopping 1.63 points for that awesome 3Z-3T combo I mention earlier and a 1.17 for the 4T-2T and the choreographic step sequence.

orbitz
10-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Besides the quad, Richard also did this awesome Rippon Lutz-Rippon Triple Toe combo. And it fits perfectly with the beat at that point in the music.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezleRILtPTs#t=2m28s

Shouldn't the toe be called the Dornbush Toe since no one else has done a 3toe with both-hands-over-head yet :)

And Nobunari Oda has the Oda Loop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tQNgHJ_uAaI#t=231s).

Mrs. P
10-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Shouldn't the toe be called the Dornbush Toe since no one else has done a 3toe with both-hands-over-head yet :)

And Nobunari Oda has the Oda Loop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tQNgHJ_uAaI#t=231s).

Okay, I'll play -- What a beautiful Rippon Lutz-Dornbush Toe! :D

aftershocks
10-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Ohhhhhh that was exciting! :watch:

Round One:

Weir vs. Dornbush:

Dornbush winner!!!

Next stop Abbott vs. Lysacek :EVILLE:

Very exciting!

:lol: Ha ha, yes but the younger guys have the overall advantage, IMHO, because "you can't teach old dogs new tricks." If Jeremy Abbott brings his A game consistently, IMO, he's far better than most guys in the men's field. IOW, Jeremy Abbott and Dai Takahashi, IMO, are the main guys who combine superb artistry with superb technical brilliance. The key is in displaying consistency and mental strength under competitive pressure, especially for Jeremy. In Dai's case, it is just continuing to be spot on with landing the quads, because he's already mastered the mental game, and his artistry and charisma are out of this world.

I am glad for Johnny that he's gone back to the drawing board/ competitive ice and is looking good. Obviously, he still has similar hurdles to overcome (i.e., judges' and others' personal opinions of him coloring their assessment of his skating, plus he is no longer at his physical peak). That's a lot to overcome, but I wish him well. Again, I'd much prefer watching a senior professional tour with Plush, Johnny, Evan, Lambiel, etc., and having them leave senior eligible tour to the youngins (young guns), and to the veterans who never stopped for a breather, i.e., Jeremy and Dai.

Eh okay it is what it is. And you're right, olympic, it is also "very exciting" re Dornbush showing his competitive chops TES-wise against Hanyu. I think Hanyu has the potential for greatness both technically and artistically, but right now I think he only lacks maturity and experience (same as Richard for that matter). If all the eligible men continue to improve artistically and continue to develop technical consistency, it will be exciting to see all of them going at it. It is exciting to see Richard doing so well. Again, the plot only thickens for U.S. guys.

In any case, I give the younger guys the advantage over the veterans coming back for Sochi -- even in Plush's case. ;)

aftershocks
10-06-2012, 10:21 PM

Okay, I'll play -- What a beautiful Rippon Lutz-Dornbush Toe! :D

Ha ha, but no, Rippon did it first with both arms overhead -- no matter what jump it was. All these guys are just copying Rippon (and Rippon was simply doing Boitano one better). Therefore, anytime anyone jumps with any arm overhead, they all are doing TanoRipp, eh? ;)

ETA:
Now that everyone is copying Rippon, I'm just waiting for when the move will be given more credit for its difficulty

Mrs. P
10-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Ha ha, but no, Rippon did it first with both hands overhead -- no matter what jump it was. All these guys are just copying Rippon (and Rippon was simply doing Boitano one better). Therefore, anytime anyone jumps with any arm overhead, they all are doing TanoRipp, eh? ;)

ETA:
Now that everyone is copying Rippon, I'm just waiting for when the move will be given more credit for its difficulty

Well the 3-3 TanoRipp combo sounds pretty good, actually!