PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

love_skate2011
09-13-2012, 10:05 PM
I think that junior levels may be judged less harshly than senior levels. Bobrova and Soloviev got the same tech levels as Sinitsina and Zhiganshin when they won their junior worlds.

we'll see this coming GP how this will be judged but If I can compare just by speed, twizzle and step sequence I will say Bobrova/Soloviev are slower than Sinitsina/Zhiganshin

Im sick of WITCH DOCTOR :soapbox:

Jeschke
09-13-2012, 10:10 PM
what about the lyrics in leonovas and voronovs sp?

i thought lyrics were allowed first after the olympics.

Macassar88
09-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Lol so Kustarova is witch doctor? Why is that?

Vash01
09-13-2012, 10:25 PM
what about the lyrics in leonovas and voronovs sp?

i thought lyrics were allowed first after the olympics.

Is this a new rule? I must have completely missed it.

Jeschke
09-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Is this a new rule? I must have completely missed it.

yes, vocals should be allowed in singles and pairs, but first in the 14/15 season, so donīt know what morozov has in his minds with those programs

Cloudy_Gumdrops
09-13-2012, 10:29 PM
yes, vocals should be allowed in singles and pairs, but first in the 14/15 season, so donīt know what morozov has in his minds with those programs

Skaters have used the vocals in the past at the test skates. Then at their competitions, no vocals.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Jeschke
09-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Skaters have used the vocals in the past at the test skates. Then at their competitions, no vocals.

I wouldn't worry about it.

ok, that would make sense :D

Vash01
09-13-2012, 10:38 PM
This is just my personal opinion- I don't like vocals in FS at all, except in the pros. I find them distracting from the skating.

Jeschke
09-13-2012, 10:46 PM
This is just my personal opinion- I don't like vocals in FS at all, except in the pros. I find them distracting from the skating.

iīm not sure about it either. but weaver/pojeīs 'je suis malade' was just brilliant,with vocals :D

lauravvv
09-13-2012, 10:53 PM
This FD starts out interesting, but begins to fall apart around half way. The violin with a backseat version of a classical piece has been done to death too. I can't believe this is the music they were so excited about using. :blah:.Apparently their chosen music was 'Once Upon a Time in West' which is in the first part of the dance, and originally the whole dance was choreographed to it, but Tarasova didn't approve, and then they stuck this 'Tosca' version in the second half (pani already wrote about it).

And I'm sorry, but this packaging is not working for her any more than her previous look. The FD dress makes her look stout and like she has no neck.Didn't you see other skater's programs - many of the ice dancers and also some single skaters were dressed in all black outfits which in some cases were apparently their training clothes. Do you really think that all of them are going to skate dressed like that in the real competitions :lol:? Some people seem to not understand that skaters very rarely wear their competition costumes in test skates. In most cases their costumes just aren't ready yet.

Cherub721
09-13-2012, 11:00 PM
I found M&K's FD to be just another generic Spanish program... IIRC they did tango last year. They're really not bringing it.

Loved Stolbova & Klimov's LP! They have two good programs and are on their way to being my fave Russian pair.

SDs:
Sinitsina & Zhiganshin - I kinda like it! I feel bad for them in the sense that, while country western was technically an option, nobody expected anyone to actually use it! They will look out of place. Maybe they should change the second piece of music and wear some Gone with the Wind type costumes instead of the denim. I don't think the program is juniorish, unless Kerrs and P&B country ODs were juniorish.

S&G - Absolutely loved the first part, so voidy. Cringed at the Witch Doctor.... so much more out of place in their dance than S&Z.

P&G - Excellent, very voidy, great choice of music. If I didn't know who's who, I'd guess they were the Russian champions. :shuffle: I pretty much couldn't find a good thing to say about them last season, but they are now skating with so much confidence and attack. Morozov is winning the coaching competition so far for me.

R&T - Loved the waltz, not crazy about the second song. They're great waltzers, but when they do it in every program, it dilutes the effect. :(

martyross
09-13-2012, 11:03 PM
WHAT WAS THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
It is supposed to be the year that Sinitsina and Zhiganshin move up to seniors, not move up to kindergarten. Kustarova needs to be banned from ever making programs. In what world does "Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang" scream maturity?

finally something that can challenge Mighty Mouse!!

Cloudy_Gumdrops
09-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Morozov is winning the coaching competition so far for me.

I'm right there with ya.

I've got a lot of hope and anticipation for I&K's programs now.

love_skate2011
09-13-2012, 11:17 PM
I have mixed views on who will do well this season
Bobrova/Soloviev is still a question mark same with Riazanova/Tkachenko
but I havent seen Ilinykh/Katsalapov yet

excluding I/K I would put what I saw in the programs

1 ( I/K ) - fingers crossed :wuzrobbed
2 ( S/Z ) - I have mixed views of their more youthful programs
3 (B/S ) - slow
4 ( P/G ) - slow
5 ( R/T ) - waltzy, but did notice improvements technically
6 ( V/G ) - witch doctor ruined it
7 ( M/K ) - boring generic programs

Cherub721
09-13-2012, 11:45 PM
1 ( I/K ) - fingers crossed :wuzrobbed
2 ( S/Z ) - I have mixed views of their more youthful programs
3 (B/S ) - slow
4 ( P/G ) - slow
5 ( R/T ) - waltzy, but did notice improvements technically
6 ( V/G ) - witch doctor ruined it
7 ( M/K ) - boring generic programs

I more or less agree with these rankings.... at this point I&K have to be really bad in order to not be first! I liked P&G better than B&S, but that can't realistically happen. Really such a shame about R&T, I was expecting great things from them.