PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67]

skatingguy
11-23-2012, 01:43 PM
I think it is early to tell who will finish where when looking at the teams ranked 4th through 8th at last year's worlds - Weaver/Poje struggled with levels in their free dance and need to rework the middle section to compete this season and that is why they finished behind Bobrova/Soloviev - they beat them in the short dance at both grand prix events.

morqet
11-23-2012, 02:01 PM
I think it is early to tell who will finish where when looking at the teams ranked 4th through 8th at last year's worlds - Weaver/Poje struggled with levels in their free dance and need to rework the middle section to compete this season and that is why they finished behind Bobrova/Soloviev - they beat them in the short dance at both grand prix events.

Agreed. Equally, I/K at NHK had a level 1 YP sequence, low level twizzles & deduction for time & extended lifts, and C/L at TEB had low level YP sequences. All of the couples behind the top 3 have a lot of room left for improvement and it's far too early to be able to make a call on how things will shake out for the rest of the season.

Macassar88
11-23-2012, 05:34 PM

Yes - but it's not like Bobrova and Soloviev are out partying and not working. They will hopefully fix their YP levels and Staviski said that Zhulin will give them a new ending which will be more exciting (for the SD).

Cherub721
11-23-2012, 05:56 PM
With Worlds in Canada I wouldn't worry about W&P. In fact, since I expect the Russian dancers to get a boost at GPF, W&P are probably better off not going, lest they be slotted in behind both.

Curious to see what I&K have done. Adding music to the vocal part is a no-brainer since they almost got a deduction for not having an audible beat. I certainly hope there's more changes coming.

Dance truth
11-23-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure...but I do know Piseev's wife has judged Russian skaters.

. Piseev's wife judging I don't have a problem..all judges support they own federations

caseyedwards
11-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Any way you look at it s/s did better but I/k just made dumb mistakes that got deductions and their poor pattern on one polka. got to be because the free dance and team is facing incredible turmoil.

lauravvv
11-24-2012, 12:26 AM
and C/L at TEB had low level YP sequences.Wow! 4 and 3 is low?? And they got 3 and 3 at Skate Canada. You must have confused it with FD where they got 2 and 2 on their step sequences at TEB (and that most likely was because they were uneasy and too cautious after Luca's fall on the twizzles).

Proustable
11-24-2012, 01:19 AM
W/P not reaching the GPF is not due I/K, it is simply because W/P was up against much improved B/S, who beat them on both occasion. W/P's SD does not help them against teams like B/S at all. On the other hand so far I/K have had weaker GPs were their closest opponents Shibus have struggled, especially in the first GP. I/K used it to their full advanatage in the first GP.

As for the worlds I do think W/P could be passed by many teams like B/S and C/L, however i am not convinced about I/K yet, especially since I/K's scores haven't been that great to begin. One can only predict that result with some conviction closer to the worlds.

W/P'S SD beat B/S's SD in both competitions.

Penniless Rostrum
11-24-2012, 03:29 AM
I luv that B&S and C&L are going to the grand prix final, just have a feeling that I & K are prob feeling a bit entilted if thats the correct word to use, I love their open and free skating kind of reminds me of Bourne & Kraatz in a way but more to the point its not them its their overmarked programs that i disagree with getting them to the final !!!

Macassar88
11-27-2012, 03:51 PM
http://fsrussia.ru/news/288_aleksandr-gorshkov-iz-za-otravleniya-ilinyh-i-kacalapov-ne-uchastvovali-v-pokazatelnyh-vystupleniyah-v-yaponii/#
Wow... more excuses for Ilinykh and Katsalapov - what will happen if they don't do well in GPF? Will they blame it on bad borscht and vodka?

Cherub721
11-27-2012, 04:14 PM
I can't read Russian, but the google translate doesn't sound so bad. She had food poisoning, which explains why she looked physically ill. I am glad they got through the program and even skated better than at CoR. I like to see that fight in them.

hanca
11-27-2012, 06:31 PM
http://fsrussia.ru/news/288_aleksandr-gorshkov-iz-za-otravleniya-ilinyh-i-kacalapov-ne-uchastvovali-v-pokazatelnyh-vystupleniyah-v-yaponii/#
Wow... more excuses for Ilinykh and Katsalapov - what will happen if they don't do well in GPF? Will they blame it on bad borscht and vodka?

:rolleyes:
Elena was really ill, if you didn't notice. (Unlike Shibutani in his first GP event.)

hanca
11-27-2012, 06:45 PM
I am going to be last post!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: