PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67

Vash01
11-18-2012, 06:45 AM
Yelena Matveeva, an outstanding Russian(Soviet) choreographer began to work with Ilinych-Katsalapov. She choreographed programs for Moiseeva-Minenkov, Klimova-Ponomarenko, Slutskaya, Kondrashova

Is Yelena Matveeva related to Matveev who choreographed programs for Barezhnaya-Sikharulidze? I think he choreo'ed Dark Eyes, Happy Valley, and Concert for Coloratura, among others. I really liked his work.

caseyedwards
11-18-2012, 07:49 AM
There couldn't be more of a sign I/k are getting rid of ghost! NHK should be interesting more so as to see what free dance I/k do. The only thing missing from the criticism is the australian federation!!

Cherub721
11-18-2012, 06:04 PM
There couldn't be more of a sign I/k are getting rid of ghost! NHK should be interesting more so as to see what free dance I/k do. The only thing missing from the criticism is the australian federation!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think they will have to do Ghost at NHK. Maybe even GPF? Then maybe skip Nationals, and have a new FD for Euros. At least I hope so. They could also just be editing the music and changing the choreography for Ghost, meh.

We can get really ambitious and do a new SD, also... :shuffle:

lulu
11-18-2012, 06:39 PM
But wait, if I&K ditch or even modify "Ghost" does that mean that we won't get to see Morozov's lip synching to the tune? :drama: :P

my little pony
11-18-2012, 06:49 PM
But wait, if I&K ditch or even modify "Ghost" does that mean that we won't get to see Morozov's lip synching to the tune? :drama: :P

i bet he still might, he seems to like it
i'd be happy with a new frock, elena looks like she is working on a collective farm in the 20s

Jeschke
11-18-2012, 07:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvJpjnoIgw0&list=UUjaUiznBS9O3SeqwqlIc4UQ&index=2&feature=plcp

free skate of antipova/maisuradze

caseyedwards
11-18-2012, 07:50 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think they will have to do Ghost at NHK. Maybe even GPF? Then maybe skip Nationals, and have a new FD for Euros. At least I hope so. They could also just be editing the music and changing the choreography for Ghost, meh.

We can get really ambitious and do a new SD, also... :shuffle:

I don't think they have the ability to skip nationals. They're just going to have to switch in whatever is the biggest gap between competitions and just deal with the consequences of a sudden switch.

love_skate2011
11-18-2012, 08:10 PM
they just have to remove the disgusting voice overs " Hey, I see You ", omg
and their FD will be tolerable

Cherub721
11-18-2012, 09:33 PM
I don't think they have the ability to skip nationals. They're just going to have to switch in whatever is the biggest gap between competitions and just deal with the consequences of a sudden switch.

I am thinking if they make GPF and have their showdown with B&S there, the Russian fed will have their top 2 secure and it will ok for one to skip Nationals.

lulu
11-18-2012, 09:37 PM
I am thinking if they make GPF and have their showdown with B&S there, the Russian fed will have their top 2 secure and it will ok for one to skip Nationals.

But if they do make significant changes to their FD, wouldn't it be better for them to skate the new program at nationals, so they get an additional opportunity to perform the new program in front of an audience and get feedback from the judges?

Cherub721
11-18-2012, 09:45 PM
But if they do make significant changes to their FD, wouldn't it be better for them to skate the new program at nationals, so they get an additional opportunity to perform the new program in front of an audience and get feedback from the judges?

Good point. I am just not sure if they'll have the time to put it together without actually skipping something. It would require a lot of smart planning and hard work, which, erm...

caseyedwards
11-18-2012, 09:59 PM
In program switching that includes a gpf qualification it is normal to skip the gpf. K/n skipped both the gpf and Russian nationals.

babayaga
11-18-2012, 10:17 PM
It may or may not be beneficial for them. There is this big issue about who is Russian #1 pair. So if I/K show up at Russian nationals with a new raw program and loose to B/S again, this won't look good. If they beat B/S at GPF and want to change the program it could be better to skip nationals to avoid loosing the status. My guess is that they will make changes to the existing program and not make the new one though.

Cherub721
11-18-2012, 11:54 PM
In program switching that includes a gpf qualification it is normal to skip the gpf. K/n skipped both the gpf and Russian nationals.

Yeah I think B&A did that too. But with it being in Sochi and I&K's first time qualifying, I am certain they will try to go.

caseyedwards
11-19-2012, 01:13 AM
Yeah I think B&A did that too. But with it being in Sochi and I&K's first time qualifying, I am certain they will try to go.

Skating in Sochi in the GPF may make them less likely to skip that. But then I really think they might not skip anything and just switch. They show up in NHK with Ghost and its changed it will all be like when B&A went to their second GP with That's Entertainment and everyone was like "they know there are problems and they are making changes and tweaks and trying to make it better" but once something has a horrible reputation its hard to keep with it! That could be what I/K do with Ghost but it will not really change anything.