PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

love_skate2011
10-29-2012, 08:05 PM
Petaikina and Bezmaternikh won the third stage of the Russian Cup in Samara. The most interesting thing about the competition was who they beat. I hope Bezmaternikh found a partner he can have success with.

1. Petaikina/Konstantin Bezmaternikh - 157.17
2. Martyusheva/Rogonov - 154.70

good for them, Petaikina the one who skated with Kudryukov ?

julieann
10-29-2012, 08:18 PM
good for them, Petaikina the one who skated with Kudryukov ?

She is, I can't wait to see them at nationals.

Sedge
10-29-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm not sure she's taller than him

Monko Khaliavin.....I don't think she is taller but her legs seem to be the same length as his.
Their height similarity seems to overwhelm the team. It is similar to the feeling I had with Romaniuta Barantsev although I don't find either of them as strong skaters as Romaniuta or Barantsev.

misskarne
10-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Gachinski is still listed for Rostelecom Cup on the ISU site; Artur Dmitriev has withdrawn from Cup of China (would have been his GP debut).

*facepalm* I got worried for nothing!

(Dmitriev's never done a GP before? Surprising. Any reason for the withdrawal? Hope it's not another injury.)

Liza is the most introverted competitor/performer I've ever seen. Not sure this trait can be undone.

She's not quite 16, just had a massive growth spurt and is still getting used to her new body. It would not surprise me at all if in time she became more confident and a little more extroverted.

lala
10-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Gachinski is still listed for Rostelecom Cup on the ISU site; Artur Dmitriev has withdrawn from Cup of China (would have been his GP debut).

I just read, Mishin said Artur has grown quickly, and need to be rebuilt his jumps. Maybe this is the reason, why he lost his great jumps.

misskarne
10-29-2012, 10:44 PM
I just read, Mishin said Artur has grown quickly, and need to be rebuilt his jumps. Maybe this is the reason, why he lost his great jumps.

Ugh, how unlucky. Looking at his build last season I thought he might have finished growing. I guess not :(

pinky166
10-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Ugh, how unlucky. Looking at his build last season I thought he might have finished growing. I guess not :(

He looked noticeably taller to me at SC than before, like he'd grown maybe 2 or 3 inches since last season...more long and lanky than I remembered from before. Axel jumps are especially hard hit when one grows, so that may be why his 3a, usually his money jump, was problematic here.

Moka-Ananas
10-30-2012, 11:16 AM

Dmitriev isn't with Mishin anymore. You must be referring to Gachinski

Jemestone
10-30-2012, 02:52 PM
(Dmitriev's never done a GP before? Surprising. Any reason for the withdrawal? Hope it's not another injury.)

I would assume he hasn't recovered from breaking his leg over the summer.

Jeschke
10-30-2012, 03:59 PM
does anyone has any informations about shanette folle?
i only knew her as the coach of annette dytrt and later as assistant of tarasova (with asada).

i quite like the developemnt of her skater (although her methods in the dytrt case seemed a bit questionable).

would like to see her again.

Jammers
10-30-2012, 05:11 PM
It seems like the Russian men are doing what the US Ladies have been trying to do since Michelle Kwan retired. Just like it seems like the US was trying to find the next Michelle Kwan for years Russia has been looking for the the next Plushenko instead of allowing their own skaters be true to themselves and not try to be another Plushenko.

love_skate2011
10-30-2012, 06:54 PM
It seems like the Russian men are doing what the US Ladies have been trying to do since Michelle Kwan retired. Just like it seems like the US was trying to find the next Michelle Kwan for years Russia has been looking for the the next Plushenko instead of allowing their own skaters be true to themselves and not try to be another Plushenko.

I think they are yielding some small results now, though Gachinski is a mini Plushy clone, Kovtun doesn't at all. and they had 3 individual medalists in the JGP.
none imo are plushy clones, Kovtun, Samarin and Petrov

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxim_Kovtun
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Samarin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Petrov_%28figure_skater%29

I agree that finding another Plushy will never happen again and what is needed is for the skaters to have their own style

lubov26
10-30-2012, 08:00 PM
I think they are yielding some small results now, though Gachinski is a mini Plushy clone, Kovtun doesn't at all. and they had 3 individual medalists in the JGP.
none imo are plushy clones, Kovtun, Samarin and Petrov

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxim_Kovtun
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Samarin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Petrov_%28figure_skater%29

I agree that finding another Plushy will never happen again and what is needed is for the skaters to have their own style

i guess calling Abt as Kulik's clone is a good thing :rolleyes: Kovtun is no way as good as Gachi at least yet...
i think Gachi is beautiful skater, i love his body movement , very ellegant with his own style , such a shame of his jumps :( hope he ll bring them back

kwanfan1818
10-30-2012, 08:22 PM
I think Gachinski's more fluid than Plushenko, and, of course, he's developed through a different system with different demands. Didn't Plushenko do most of his growing before he exploded on the senior scene? Plushenko was a prodigy, reaching and maintaining success quite young, and having extraordinary confidence, and Gachinski's career has been like other top skaters, who had times of brilliance and times of struggle.

lulu
10-30-2012, 10:16 PM
I would assume he hasn't recovered from breaking his leg over the summer.

Hopefully he'll be able to skate at Russian Nationals. :)