PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Emdee
10-24-2012, 11:50 PM
I dont know where Tut is....
When I look out cloudy chilly and rainy for the last day at least and also yesterday morning!!

anna1506
10-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Tuk Tuk interview in Canada :cheer2:

Tuk: "...my main rival is always myself."
Plu: "My main competitor is myself"
:)

Mayra
10-25-2012, 11:01 AM
PML oh Lord, I&K need to wd from their GP events right now citing her shoulder injury, and change coaches and programs. He cannot be serious with those programs. Send them to Zoueva for all I care. And people made fun of the voiceovers in V&M's Umbrellas, hah! Ghost the musical really? Did you ever think you'd see an FD with a voiceover that says "I'm talking to you, esse!" in some caricatured Latino voice? :lol: :lol: This is what happens when you waste all summer traveling... now there is no time to make necessary changes.

Too bad because their skating does look somewhat improved, and he especially is such a good partner now, but their lifts are still crap and the programs are boring.

That version of Unchained Melody is quite nice actually.... first two minutes of this program are salvageable if the talking is removed.

I feel like its the same story since I&K moved to seniors. I&K show up looking rusty with questionable programs at the beginning of the season, lots of :drama: from fans and I&K eventually getting stronger as the season progresses. Stronger, but IMO they never seem to quite hit their peak. I'm always left with the feeling that there is some hidden potential that is never quite reached.

I'm not a big fan of the Ghost exhibition program. I can only hope that exhibition is in fact an exhibition and nothing like their FD. :shuffle:

misskarne
10-25-2012, 02:04 PM

Now can someone please, PLEASE take a spoonful of their confidence and feed it to Artur?

Cherub721
10-25-2012, 03:20 PM
I feel like its the same story since I&K moved to seniors. I&K show up looking rusty with questionable programs at the beginning of the season, lots of :drama: from fans and I&K eventually getting stronger as the season progresses. Stronger, but IMO they never seem to quite hit their peak. I'm always left with the feeling that there is some hidden potential that is never quite reached.

I know. :( And I feel the same about V&T who are also choreographed by Morozov. I seem to like them a little bit less every year. :(

dinakt
10-25-2012, 06:16 PM
I know. :( And I feel the same about V&T who are also choreographed by Morozov. I seem to like them a little bit less every year. :(
Alas, me too. V/T are my personal disappointment of the year, because they are incredible, but I just cannot care without the programs that I like. Maybe the programs will grow on me, especially the LP, but I hoped this year would be "a year of experiment" for them, because surely they are not going to add a whole lot of innovative transitions in Olympic year.
Oh well. Looking forward to everybody in SC, happy for Martiusheva/Rogonov getting NHK ( though wish Narumi's shoulder were OK)

lala
10-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Now can someone please, PLEASE take a spoonful of their confidence and feed it to Artur?

Don't misunderstand! Look at this video, Plush said a long time ago :) But i understand what he is thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVGRZLmIEIw

Glacier cat
10-26-2012, 07:22 AM
Don't misunderstand! Look at this video, Plush said a long time ago :) But i understand what he is thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVGRZLmIEIw
No. Plushy said it always. Even in recent days ;) To think the main rival is himself/herself is a Mishin's principle. Gachinski also says the same way.

reut
10-26-2012, 12:02 PM

This is a standard answer you get from almost every skater especially when they want to be politically correct. My only rival is myself, the only thing I can do is do my best, the rest is to for me to decide, etc, etc.

misskarne
10-26-2012, 01:31 PM
No. Plushy said it always. Even in recent days ;) To think the main rival is himself/herself is a Mishin's principle. Gachinski also says the same way.

I think, though, that the difference is that Plushy believes it. He knows he is great, he knows he is a fantastic skater, he truly believes in his own skating and his own worth. Artur tries to talk the talk like Plushy does, but I don't think he believes it. I don't think he really believes that he is so wonderful, I don't think he really believes in himself.

It makes me sad, because he is such a wonderful skater. :(

lala
10-26-2012, 02:12 PM

Hm... really. If I right remember....

love_skate2011
10-26-2012, 10:34 PM
Tuk Tuk made mistakes :wuzrobbed:

Cup of Nice upset, Starygina/Volobuev scored 56+ in SP ahead by more than 2 points from Monko/Khaliavin again :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClZHBa6psw4&feature=plcp

caseyedwards
10-28-2012, 01:36 AM
Five Russian men competed today and gachinski was 4th in TES. Different competitions of course so there is that! Third in free skate score

Macassar88
10-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Tuk Tuk made mistakes :wuzrobbed:

Cup of Nice upset, Starygina/Volobuev scored 56+ in SP ahead by more than 2 points from Monko/Khaliavin again :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClZHBa6psw4&feature=plcp
Not surprised at all - despite all his talk about how Monko and Khaliavin are equals to Bobrova and Soloviev, it's never been the case, and he's treated the two of them quite differently. Look at their respective dances and the choreography in each. Bobrova and Soloviev have Zhulin's A work and Monko and Khaliavin have his C work.
Not that I mind - Bobrova and Soloviev are much better all around and deserve Zhulin's attention more since they actually have a chance to medal at Sochi.

love_skate2011
10-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Not surprised at all - despite all his talk about how Monko and Khaliavin are equals to Bobrova and Soloviev, it's never been the case, and he's treated the two of them quite differently. Look at their respective dances and the choreography in each. Bobrova and Soloviev have Zhulin's A work and Monko and Khaliavin have his C work.
Not that I mind - Bobrova and Soloviev are much better all around and deserve Zhulin's attention more since they actually have a chance to medal at Sochi.

nvm, Monko/Khaliavin won the Free Dance, I prefer Stargina/Volobuiev
M/K I think they have problem also with height she is even taller than him now !

sad Tuk Tuk only finished 4th, but she was fighting in her FS
good enough placement coming from an injury imo