PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

quiqie
10-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Interview with Nikolai Morozov: "The fact that I train foreigners doesn't bother me" (after the test skates in Novogorsk)

http://fcp-press.ru/interview/p2_articleid/5140

DR: What can you say about our skaters' performances here?
NM: I am content. Such events push athletes giving the opportunity to see competitors and evaluate the progress they made in the off-season. But you cannot say how the skaters will perform during the season. Not everyone is in their optimal shape yet.

DR: Now, before the Olympics, is there much competition [between the athletes on the Russian team]?
NM: Everyone is trying to do their best because they understand there isn't much time left until the Sochi Olympics. Everyone keeps getting better and it's good. As for competition, it is different in different disciplines. For example, in pairs we have Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov, who, in my opinion, are beyond competition. And in ice dancing, my dance team Elena Ilinykh / Nikita Katsalapov didn't skate here.

DR: Why not?
NM: I didn't want them to show their programs. Also, Lena had a minor shoulder injury. I think in this discipline we don't have many people who are competitive at the highest level. In singles, I was pleased with Artur Gachinski, he has interesting programs this year. I also liked Adelina Sotnikova, she is in good shape. Tuktamysheva and Lipnitskaya did not skate, and I didn't have a chance to see their programs.

DR: Are there any interesting events this year, besides the World Championships?
NM: World Championships (to be held in London, Canada, 10 - 17 March 2013) always stand out, but the Grand Prix Final in Sochi (6-9 December) is also extremely important this year. It will be held at the Olympic rink. It would be good if athletes who are going to compete for medals at the Olympics skated there.

DR: Do you set a goal for your skaters for this season to win any particular event?
NM: I always set goals for the season, and especially to win something. With the exception of two World championships, not a single one had gone without medals for me.

DR: Sometimes you aren't able to accompany your athletes to competitions...
NM: Yes, it happens often. But there are coaches who can replace me at competitions. I always try to be with them at important events.

DR: What concerns you the most in athletes' preparation?
NM: The main thing is injuries and health. In winter, there is a big risk to get sick. I wish it could be avoided because such things always interrupt training process for at least a week.

DR: Do you have a contract with the Russian Figure Skating Federation? And at whose expense do the athletes train overseas?
NM: I have no contract with the federation. Frankly, I do not know much about these issues, but I think that these trips are paid by the Ministry of Sport of Russian Federation. Not only my athletes, but the entire team travels to such camps.

DR: Won't the fact that you train foreign athletes hurt the chances of our skaters at World Championships and the Olympics?
NM: Yes, I coach European champion Florent Amodio of France and two-time World champion, Daisuke Takahashi of Japani. But in terms of competition with Evgeni Plushenko and Artur Gachinski, it doesn't bother me. After all, at competition everything will be in hands of the Russian athletes, and not in mine.

Vash01
10-01-2012, 06:19 PM
c'mon people, nobody said it will be career ending,
we dont even fully know their current status, I may not be a fan of B/L
but I would never wish someone retiring or speaking of retirement due to injurieslets hope for fast recovery and maybe they can still compete in the GP or hopefully Euros/Worlds

Where in my post did I "wish" injury on anyone? :rolleyes:

Athletes are injury prone and some have had career ending injuries.

"A hip injury that may require surgery'- has an ominous sound. Remember Yagudin, Lipinski? Their injuries did end their eligible careers, but after they had won the OGM. As a fan of B&L, I am naturally very concerned about her hip injury. May be you are not really concerned because you are not their fan.

kwanfan1818
10-01-2012, 06:23 PM
If it is, I'm really going to miss their stunning triple twist lift - the best in the world as well as her amazing posture especially in their lifts.

Also her beautiful line and toe-point :(

morqet
10-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Ilinykh/Katsalapov, Monko/Khaliavin and Polina A & Polina K will all compete at the Coupe de Nice at the end of October.

Macassar88
10-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Also her beautiful line and toe-point :(

And her free leg extension going into jumps!

Sylvia
10-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Here's a short interview with Volosozhar/Trankov at Nebelhorn Trophy on the ISU's YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uh7sICxF_k

ioana
10-02-2012, 02:51 AM
I'll admit to ragging on B/L and their lack of expression, but that was mostly because I was frustrated they never made it to the next level. Which could be breathtaking given how good their basics and extension are. Hopefully Vera can come back sooner than expected.

lauravvv
10-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Ilinykh/Katsalapov, Monko/Khaliavin and Polina A & Polina K will all compete at the Coupe de Nice at the end of October.Thanks. About Ilinykh/Katsalapov that's great news - at least they will compete somewhere before CoR.

quiqie
10-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Liza Tuktamysheva can miss Skate Canada - Mishin http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20121002/620755516.html

He says she is now recovering from injury, but the final decision if she is going to skate at her first Grand Prix event or not hasn't been made yet.

quiqie
10-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Liudmila Kalinina, coach of Vera Bazarova and Yuri Larionov: "Doctors have different opinions about Vera's injury" http://fcp-press.ru/interview/p2_articleid/5150

She says that Vera has been injured for a while now, but when they did run-through of their programs before leaving for Oberstdorf, she skated clean, and the decision to go was made with Alexander Gorshkov. Now Vera feels fine and says that if there was a good massage therapist she would have skated. She's going to undergo an examination, but they still intend to skate at Rostelekom Cup. She also confirms that their SP to Liebestraum was choreographed by TAT and LP to Spartak by Zoueva-Shpilband. They train in Novogorsk, their choreographer is Liudmila Vlasova and they like working with her.

love_skate2011
10-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Liza Tuktamysheva can miss Skate Canada - Mishin
No Tuk Tuk.. noooo :wuzrobbed

Liudmila Kalinina, coach of Vera Bazarova and Yuri Larionov: "Doctors have different opinions about Vera's injury" http://fcp-press.ru/interview/p2_articleid/5150

She says that Vera has been injured for a while now, but when they did Now Vera feels fine and says that if there was a good massage therapist she would have skated. She's going to undergo an examination, but they still intend to skate at Rostelekom Cup.

happy about Vera's condition :cheer2:, I know it was a bit exaggerated regarding her status and injury

Jammers
10-02-2012, 04:34 PM
That's a bummer if Tuk doesn't skate at Skate Canada. I was looking forward to her and Gracie going head to head. This might be what Julia Lipnitskaia will be going through next season as she grows also.

rfisher
10-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Liza Tuktamysheva can miss Skate Canada - Mishin http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20121002/620755516.html

He says she is now recovering from injury, but the final decision if she is going to skate at her first Grand Prix event or not hasn't been made yet.

Aw. Better this year than next. Hopefully, she can heal and be rested by Russian Nationals, Euros and Worlds if she has to miss the GP.

love_skate2011
10-02-2012, 04:46 PM
That's a bummer if Tuk doesn't skate at Skate Canada. I was looking forward to her and Gracie going head to head. This might be what Julia Lipnitskaia will be going through next season as she grows also.

I hope not but this could the trend :yikes:

2011 - Adelina growth issues
2012 - Tuktamisheva growth issues
2013 - Lipinitskaya growth issues
2014 - Radionova growth issues

dinakt
10-02-2012, 05:16 PM

Mishin sounds protective, and it's good. I have a feeling he will not Liza go unless she is ready, physically and mentally.