PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Cloudy_Gumdrops
09-24-2012, 03:00 AM
:huh: Are you kidding me? Nikita is wonderful. He has all the potential to become one of the greatest dancers ever.

I wholeheartedly agree. Maybe they started out with Elena more of a 'star', but as of last year, I think Nikita is the stronger member of that partnership.

lulu
09-24-2012, 06:40 AM
I saw Tatiana Novik and for a brief second, I thought it said Tatiana Navka. It's not even the correct discipline. That's what I get for reading FSU when I first wake up in the morning.

julieann
09-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Federation Cup October 5-7, 2012
Sochi, Russia

Entry List:

Men:

Artur Gachinski
Sergei Voronov
Ivan Bariev
Artur Dmitriev
Gordei Gorshkov - still competing :eek:
Mark Shymatkov - still competing

Ladies:

Ksenia Makarova
Polina Shelepen
Polina Korobeynikova :cheer2:
Sofia Biryukova
Alexandra Deeva
Valentina Chernyshova

Pairs:

Yuko Kavaguti / Alexander Smirnov
Ksenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimov
Ekaterina Petaykina / Konstantin Bezmaternykh
Tatiana Novik / Andrei Novoselov
Ekatherine Kuklina / Maxim Petukhov

Ice Dancing:

Victoria Sinitsina / Ruslan Zhiganshin
Valeria Starygina / Ivan Volobuev
Ekaterina Pushkash/ Jonathan Guerreiro
Tatiana Baturintseva / Andrei Nevski
Anna Polikarpova / Maxim Kirillov.

Is this a competition or more like a show?

love_skate2011
09-24-2012, 08:28 AM
Is this a competition or more like a show?

Its a competition with Scoring.
though some russian skaters opted not to participate, there are still some big names on that list. Piseev called it a dress rehearsal competition for the Grand Prix Final and Olympics

Jeschke
09-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Federation Cup October 5-7, 2012
Sochi, Russia

Entry List:

Men:
Gordei Gorshkov - still competing :eek:

Ladies:

Sofia Biryukova [/B]

happy about gorshkov; he seemed so promising 2 seasons ago. please let him come back strong.

and for biryukova I just hope she shows better performances than at the test skates.
she is such a great skater

Ladida
09-24-2012, 01:34 PM
But both Polinas are on the entry list for Ondrej Nepela Trophy :confused:

Jemestone
09-24-2012, 01:56 PM
^So is Dmitriev.

love_skate2011
09-24-2012, 02:35 PM
But both Polinas are on the entry list for Ondrej Nepela Trophy :confused:

apparently some of the list entries are Farce :wall:
only Gachinski and Kavaguti/Smirnov are sure to compete

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/5216.html

On October 5-7 in the Palace of winter sports "Iceberg" in Sochi will pass test preolympic competitions on figure skating "Federation Cup". Among participants medal-winners of the Worlds Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV and Artur GACHINSKI are declared. Names of all skaters who will skate in Sochi, to a portal of TEAM RUSSIA-2014 were told by the president of Federation of figure skating of Russia, Olympic champion Alexander Gorshkov.

«We suggested to act on "Federation Cup" in Sochi to all skaters – to get acquainted with new Olympic object, - Alexander Gorshkov told. – But as some international events are carried out at the same terms – in Finland, Slovakia and Japan, naturally, some leaders can not arrive.

dinakt
09-24-2012, 02:48 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. Maybe they started out with Elena more of a 'star', but as of last year, I think Nikita is the stronger member of that partnership.

And I wholeheartedly agree, as well. Elena is a rare beauty and Diva, and she is good not doubt, but it's Nikita whom I watch for edges, expressivity and my favorite personal skating fad, impeccable timing.

On other topic- I saw Russian test skates live on Sept.15, and I was very impressed with Bobrova and Soloviev. They stood out among all other Dance teams, and I fell in love with their FD. When I saw their FD first on youtube, the music seemed too jarring, but live, though I still have issues with "Tosca" in the middle, it all makes some kind of interesting whole. And the combination of their new style, paired with B &S being better balanced in partnership roles and their great SS is very appealing. Soloviev is actually sexy, gifted in movement and musical- what a discovery after seeing them for so many years! I learned to rather dislike B/S during the last two years and am astonished at my own turnaround. Programs are soooo important... I can't wait to see I/K this year, but if they are doing anything similar to 'Ave Maria" , I am switching my allegiance, though I love Nikita's skating dearly.

In other impressions- Plushenko was slow; lots of strategic stop and starts in that program ( at least so far), Adelina S. stood out for the quality of her jumps and what seems to be a reacquired joy of skating; she was very impressive. I was so dismayed when I heard "Godfather" for the third time in the course of that afternoon, that I could not enjoy V/T properly. Maxim is a yummy gangsta, but it'll take me a while to reconcile myself with their music choice. It's so overused and not very interesting as a jazz interpretation.
I liked Gachinsky and Menshov, and even Voronov, who had a great outing. Gachinsky and Menshov are interesting.

julieann
09-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Its a competition with Scoring.
though some russian skaters opted not to participate, there are still some big names on that list. Piseev called it a dress rehearsal competition for the Grand Prix Final and Olympics

Sounds fun. At least some skaters can do their programs before the Grand Prix.

I wonder if they will also plan to hold the Cup of Russia in 2013 or Russian Nationals in 2014 at the same venue?

Tak
09-25-2012, 12:15 AM
On other topic- I saw Russian test skates live on Sept.15, and I was very impressed with Bobrova and Soloviev. They stood out among all other Dance teams, and I fell in love with their FD. When I saw their FD first on youtube, the music seemed too jarring, but live, though I still have issues with "Tosca" in the middle, it all makes some kind of interesting whole. And the combination of their new style, paired with B &S being better balanced in partnership roles and their great SS is very appealing. Soloviev is actually sexy, gifted in movement and musical- what a discovery after seeing them for so many years! I learned to rather dislike B/S during the last two years and am astonished at my own turnaround. Programs are soooo important...

I totally agree with you. I just saw them on YouTube - but even there I really liked it. I think with more practice this will be really stunning. Definitely the best thing they've ever done.

I've never liked them either - they bored me to death - now I think they might have my favorite FD of the season. I really wish Sin/Z would go to some other coach too.

Vash01
09-25-2012, 01:13 AM
I am a little lost here. A few pages back I thought I was reading about a possible breakup of I&K (please don't throw rocks at me, if I misunderstood the posts:lol:), and now I am reading that they look really good. I will watch the video after I get home, but can someone please tell me that I&K are still planning on skating together in the years to come? It will be a shame if they split.

Cherub721
09-25-2012, 01:31 AM
I've heard nothing recently about I&K splitting; perhaps people were talking about his offer to skate with Jana last year. According to Morozov, they are working harder and aiming to medal at Worlds (I take it with a grain of salt, but it shows there is harmony right now). The reason they weren't at the tests is her shoulder injury.

martyross
09-25-2012, 01:54 AM
I've heard nothing recently about I&K splitting; perhaps people were talking about his offer to skate with Jana last year. According to Morozov, they are working harder and aiming to medal at Worlds (I take it with a grain of salt, but it shows there is harmony right now). The reason they weren't at the tests is her shoulder injury.

Nikita wanted to skate with Kokhlova?? must have missed it

Macassar88
09-25-2012, 08:03 AM
Nikita wanted to skate with Kokhlova?? must have missed it

Khoklova asked to skate with him. Not the other way around.