PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

caseyedwards
09-22-2012, 06:19 PM
How can you possibly think there's a possibility that none of these teams would even make the top 10? They had 3 in the top 10 in 2012. (It's not that they're so great, but the ice dance world is really weak right now). Russia will certainly have at least one couple in the top 5, probably challenging for a medal. And if the situation is as dire as you describe, then I think the Russian fed will support whoever is closest to the top, as they have been supporting Bobrova/Soloviev the last couple of years despite their less than impressive results.

How long can that go on? I forgot R/T was in the top 10. I/K was 5th and B/S was 7 and R/T was 9. Why wouldn't they switch to I/K? Depends on the GP season again and if B/S show improvement. Not just so that they can win an event but win it impressively and also keep it up. Not just go from beating the Shibutani's to losing to them at the GPF.

afaik, these dancers are not 40 or something. and unless the federation has some weird reasons to hate them, they'll keep supporting whomever they feel worth to support, as always.

If they don't win a medal at worlds in 2014 or 2015 after the assumed DW and VM retirements I can't imagine them being supported anymore. Any of the previously mentioned Russian teams.

Cherub721
09-22-2012, 06:25 PM
How long can that go on? I forgot R/T was in the top 10. I/K was 5th and B/S was 7 and R/T was 9. Why wouldn't they switch to I/K? Depends on the GP season again and if B/S show improvement. Not just so that they can win an event but win it impressively and also keep it up. Not just go from beating the Shibutani's to losing to them at the GPF.

If they don't win a medal at worlds in 2014 or 2015 after the assumed DW and VM retirements I can't imagine them being supported anymore. Any of the previously mentioned Russian teams.

I kind of wish they would do as you say... just don't play favorites with anyone, mark them fairly, and if that means it's a junior team that becomes national champions and all 3 of the teams from last year's Worlds don't make Sochi, so be it. They have to go with whoever is going to score the points in international competition. They are wasting time on B&S, IMO, and maybe I&K if they don't improve this year. But they supported DomShabs after they didn't medal in 2006 and 2007 (they deserved a medal in 2007 though), and even dumped K&N for them after K&N medalled in 2008, so I don't know.

oleada
09-22-2012, 06:27 PM
I love S/B; by far my favorites of the Russian juniors. The sound quality at this JGP is terrible, and it's their first outing, so I'll wait until there's a better quality video. I think they have "IT" and are very creative.

morqet
09-22-2012, 08:36 PM
They have to go with whoever is going to score the points in international competition. They are wasting time on B&S, IMO, and maybe I&K if they don't improve this year.

The Russian Fed would be very foolish to give up on I/K imo; they have shown a lot of improvement over the last year, made the transition from juniors successfully which doesn't always happen & demonstrated that they are capable of winning medals at senior ISU competitions. Their performances & results at Worlds and Euros last season will give them a lot of momentum. In terms of building an international rep, they're a year or two ahead of the other up and coming Russian teams (& I think a key thing to bear in mind is that they're still very young for a top ice dance team, only a year older than S/Z and actually younger than M/K). The ones who really should be worrying are R/T who are going into their 4th year on the senior circuit without a real breakthrough, and B/S if they don't make dramatic leaps forward with Zhulin.

love_skate2011
09-22-2012, 09:05 PM
The Russian Fed would be very foolish to give up on I/K imo; they have shown a lot of improvement over the last year, made the transition from juniors successfully which doesn't always happen & demonstrated that they are capable of winning medals at senior ISU competitions. Their performances & results at Worlds and Euros last season will give them a lot of momentum. In terms of building an international rep, they're a year or two ahead of the other up and coming Russian teams (& I think a key thing to bear in mind is that they're still very young for a top ice dance team, only a year older than S/Z and actually younger than M/K). The ones who really should be worrying are R/T who are going into their 4th year on the senior circuit without a real breakthrough, and B/S if they don't make dramatic leaps forward with Zhulin.

I feel this season should be the momentum for B/S and R/T on how they will do and if they will really improve, a lot can still happen in 2018 but 2014 is a short time period now so they need to make the best of it now.

for 2018, I see the Top 3 Russian Pairs will be:

Ilinykh/Katsalapov, Sinitsina/Zhiganshin and Stepanova/Bukin in any order

love_skate2011
09-23-2012, 05:00 AM
I finally figured out who Dmitri Soloviev looks like
I knew his face looked flashy when I remember seeing someone on TV

Dmitri Soloviev looks like Louis Tomlinson from "Boy Band" One Direction :D

analia
09-23-2012, 10:26 AM
In my dream, the 2018 dance teams would be Ilinykh/a new partner who can twizzle, Stepanova/Bukin, and Kosigina/Moroshkin....

Macassar88
09-23-2012, 11:39 AM
I finally figured out who Dmitri Soloviev looks like
I knew his face looked flashy when I remember seeing someone on TV

Dmitri Soloviev looks like Louis Tomlinson from "Boy Band" One Direction :D

Wow the resemblance is uncanny!

kapriza
09-23-2012, 03:32 PM
In my dream, the 2018 dance teams would be Ilinykh/a new partner who can twizzle, Stepanova/Bukin, and Kosigina/Moroshkin....

I wish Nikita wouldn’t be such a headcase. He’s a brilliant skater, with an amazing skating skills and for me he’s a bigger star than Elena herself. But to be honest I've started noticing it only last season, up to now I was blown away by her beauty and attitude :glamor:

Moka-Ananas
09-23-2012, 03:55 PM

:huh: Are you kidding me? Nikita is wonderful. He has all the potential to become one of the greatest dancers ever.
Kosigina/Moroshkin on the other hand have an atrocious FD this season and they haven't convinced be so far.

love_skate2011
09-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Wow the resemblance is uncanny!

indeed, if only Soloviev was shorter and they would be twins

nuge
09-23-2012, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=love_skate2011;3691845]Stepanova/Bukin have the same coach as Jana Khoklova/Sergey Novitski

yes they remind me of Domnina/Shabalin
especially with Stepanovs's long legs like Dominina

Yes she has the same look of Navka and Domina long legs and good posture .
Bukin who cares who his coaches are I'm sure he must have had a great start and great coaching from his father :kickass:

Macassar88
09-23-2012, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE=love_skate2011;3691845]Stepanova/Bukin have the same coach as Jana Khoklova/Sergey Novitski

yes they remind me of Domnina/Shabalin
especially with Stepanovs's long legs like Dominina

Yes she has the same look of Navka and Domina long legs and good posture .
Bukin who cares who his coaches are I'm sure he must have had a great start and great coaching from his father :kickass:
Lol iirc Bukin was to Bestemianova like Margaglio was to Fusar-Poli. So maybe not the best coach? Although it definitely couldn't hurt.

love_skate2011
09-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Federation Cup October 5-7, 2012
Sochi, Russia

Entry List:

Men:

Artur Gachinski
Sergei Voronov
Ivan Bariev
Artur Dmitriev
Gordei Gorshkov - still competing :eek:
Mark Shymatkov - still competing

Ladies:

Ksenia Makarova
Polina Shelepen
Polina Korobeynikova :cheer2:
Sofia Biryukova
Alexandra Deeva
Valentina Chernyshova

Pairs:

Yuko Kavaguti / Alexander Smirnov
Ksenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimov
Ekaterina Petaykina / Konstantin Bezmaternykh
Tatiana Novik / Andrei Novoselov
Ekatherine Kuklina / Maxim Petukhov

Ice Dancing:

Victoria Sinitsina / Ruslan Zhiganshin
Valeria Starygina / Ivan Volobuev
Ekaterina Pushkash/ Jonathan Guerreiro
Tatiana Baturintseva / Andrei Nevski
Anna Polikarpova / Maxim Kirillov.

caseyedwards
09-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Gachinski has to win that. I wonder if the polinas can beat makarova.

Sochi test skate!