PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

love_skate2011
09-22-2012, 12:29 PM
some good HD and close-up videos from test skates:

Evgenia Pluschenko LP :cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7unAy2WY_s&feature=plcp

Maxim Kovtun LP, he is still a bit inconsistent now but I think he might give
Gachinski the headcase a run for his money in Russia in a few years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbY6NPyVgws&feature=plcp

Macassar88
09-22-2012, 02:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ox4fJvnsc&feature=g-all-u
Stepanova and Bukin are doing a Bolero FD. I was quite disappointed. I feel like this music is very difficult to do well and they don't have the maturity yet to pull it off.

Although I have to say that their twizzles are excellent - very fast rotations.

hanca
09-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Does anyone know why Polina Agafonova did not get any JGP event? She was down for one and then she was replaced and did not get anything instead. At the moment she is down as substitute for the last one only, while Zaseeva who placed 7th is getting second one. Is Polina injured?

love_skate2011
09-22-2012, 02:29 PM
^^

Bolero with Tango ? :confused:

for 2018 Olympics
who will be the next Russian Ice dance diva ?

will it be Sinitsina vs Stepanova ::glamor: :drama:

Macassar88
09-22-2012, 03:57 PM
^^

Bolero with Tango ? :confused:

for 2018 Olympics
who will be the next Russian Ice dance diva ?

will it be Sinitsina vs Stepanova ::glamor: :drama:

What about Elena Ilinykh? I doubt she'll retire after Sochi.
I thought of Bobrova but she seems way too nice to be a diva.

nuge
09-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Stepanova and Bukin are doing a Bolero FD. I was quite disappointed. I feel like this music is very difficult to do well and they don't have the maturity yet to pull it off.

I thought they were too fast to the music and just skated through it .Their twizzles are excellent so fast and in unison.I love this couple and can't wait till they turn senior .They look great on the ice good lines and flow .He reminds me of Shabalin with that haircut :D
Russia are definately on the way back in dance with sooo many promising couples for the future .

Macassar88
09-22-2012, 04:51 PM
I thought they were too fast to the music and just skated through it .Their twizzles are excellent so fast and in unison.I love this couple and can't wait till they turn senior .They look great on the ice good lines and flow .He reminds me of Shabalin with that haircut :D
Russia are definately on the way back in dance with sooo many promising couples for the future .
It's strange because their coaches usually give them good material. like last year's FD

equatorial
09-22-2012, 05:11 PM
It's strange because their coaches usually give them good material. like last year's FD

I thought this FD was tons better than last year's one :confused:

caseyedwards
09-22-2012, 05:14 PM
If none of the current senior ice dance teams place in the top 5 or 10 in Sochi I can't see any of getting any kind of support ever and would assume they would all retire but if they didn't they would not go to 2018.

Macassar88
09-22-2012, 05:42 PM
If none of the current senior ice dance teams place in the top 5 or 10 in Sochi I can't see any of getting any kind of support ever and would assume they would all retire but if they didn't they would not go to 2018.

Bobrova and Soloviev are aiming for 2018

Cherub721
09-22-2012, 05:54 PM

Do they have the same coaches as K&N? The music reminds me of their 2006 Bolero FD and they have some creative lifts. I agree that they're not really skating to the music, but this FD is fine for juniors. I really like this couple, they both have something special and I watch them equally.

I thought this FD was tons better than last year's one :confused:

I preferred last year's.

How can you possibly think there's a possibility that none of these teams would even make the top 10? They had 3 in the top 10 in 2012. (It's not that they're so great, but the ice dance world is really weak right now). Russia will certainly have at least one couple in the top 5, probably challenging for a medal. And if the situation is as dire as you describe, then I think the Russian fed will support whoever is closest to the top, as they have been supporting Bobrova/Soloviev the last couple of years despite their less than impressive results.

caseyedwards
09-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Bobrova and Soloviev are aiming for 2018

I wonder if they stay Russian champs til 2018. That would be some run if they medaled from 2011 to 2018. Then there must be some 2014 team - some team with some ambition for success in 2014.

martyross
09-22-2012, 06:08 PM

afaik, these dancers are not 40 or something. and unless the federation has some weird reasons to hate them, they'll keep supporting whomever they feel worth to support, as always.

equatorial
09-22-2012, 06:09 PM
I agree that they're not really skating to the music
The sound quality is so poor that some of the posters thought it was not flamenco but tango in the first part. I thought their timing was quite good, but will wait for a better quality video.

I preferred last year's.

Last year they were skating like two singles skaters haphazardly thrown together to do some ice dancing. Hence, some flashy tricks thrown in to distract attention from their technique. Plus, she looked totally inferior wrt her basics. Their progress is nothing short of spectacular.

love_skate2011
09-22-2012, 06:10 PM
Stepanova/Bukin have the same coach as Jana Khoklova/Sergey Novitski

What about Elena Ilinykh? I doubt she'll retire after Sochi.
I thought of Bobrova but she seems way too nice to be a diva.
Elena Ilinykh ,I dont see her as a dive
she is more of a Bombshell.

yes they remind me of Domnina/Shabalin
especially with Stepanovs's long legs like Dominina

on another, the first boy medalist in Russia for JGP this season
times are desperate for russian men drought :rofl:, how old , 14 ? :confused: never seen him before

SP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LU0xkFF2ZY&feature=plcp

LP attempted 3A, step out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IRtOKICzdM&feature=plcp