PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

cailuj365
09-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Wow, V/T skating to Bach's Chaconne. One of my favorite pieces of music ever! I think it's a hard one to skate to and sell though.

Macassar88
09-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Wow, V/T skating to Bach's Chaconne. One of my favorite pieces of music ever! I think it's a hard one to skate to and sell though.
It's actually a mix of Bach's Chaconne and Vitali's Chaconne.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=97xlBipnzG8
They take the beginning theme a couple times (from around 25 seconds in)

inskate
09-19-2012, 11:32 PM
It's actually a mix of Bach's Chaconne and Vitali's Chaconne.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=97xlBipnzG8
They take the beginning theme a couple times (from around 25 seconds in)

It's actually Ikuko Kawai's "Violin Muse" (also known as "Violin Muse Based On Two Chaconne"), which was based on both of the pieces mentioned above. :) V/T mentioned that their music was from a Japanese artist, and that the program will be the dedication to tsunami disaster victims.

cailuj365
09-19-2012, 11:41 PM
It's actually Ikuko Kawai's "Violin Muse" (also known as "Violin Muse Based On Two Chaconne"), which was based on both of the pieces mentioned above. :) V/T mentioned that their music was from a Japanese artist, and that the program will be the dedication to tsunami disaster victims.

Ah, yeah, I figured there was another piece cut in there since I didn't recognize half of it!

julieann
09-19-2012, 11:42 PM

It's a very heavy piece of music but it's going to get high marks regardless of how it looks.

Oh goodness. :rofl: I don't know if I have ever seen something this funny, take that Aly Raisman's parents. :lol:

:rofl: Watching the coaches and the parents is just as fun, they should have picture in picture at all competitions.

Macassar88
09-20-2012, 09:18 AM
It's a very heavy piece of music but it's going to get high marks regardless of how it looks.

:rofl: Watching the coaches and the parents is just as fun, they should have picture in picture at all competitions.

Danell Leyva's dad is quite hilarious

Asli
09-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Noone can beat Martin Skotnicky watching his students, complete with hopping along the side of the rink during step sequences. It's such a pity we don't have videos of him. Does anybody have one?

Finnice
09-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Noone can beat Martin Skotnicky watching his students, complete with hopping along the side of the rink during step sequences. It's such a pity we don't have videos of him. Does anybody have one?

Marius Negreira (ROU) is as good as Slotnicky. And his skaters are often not he most interresting, so I tend to follow him instead.:o

Hanna
09-20-2012, 08:08 PM
has this been posted ?
TAT watching while Kovtun was skating at the test skates :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ip--aU9_Rc

MWahahhahaa. Hilarious. :rofl: And scary at times! It's amazing how she's into it. It's like the sky could fall and she wouldn't notice.

Marshan
09-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Really... welcome to the board though.

Thanks! It's just her full name is Irina Vladimirovna Zhuk. That means her father's name is Vladimir not Stanislav. Also Irina's bio states she was born in Kharkov (present day Ukraine), while Stanislav was from Moscow. I don't think they are related cos' that fact would have been well known by now...

lulu
09-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks! It's just her full name is Irina Vladimirovna Zhuk. That means her father's name is Vladimir not Stanislav. Also Irina's bio states she was born in Kharkov (present day Ukraine), while Stanislav was from Moscow. I don't think they are related cos' that fact would have been well known by now...

Thanks for the information. :) And welcome to the board! :40beers:

Moka-Ananas
09-20-2012, 11:34 PM

Moreover, there are quite many people in Russia who have the surname "Zhuk".
Even I am coaching a Russian girl with this surname...in Germany ;)

quiqie
09-21-2012, 10:35 AM
by the way, by the lost skaters, updates on mukhortova? i will not give up

by the way 2: whatīs wtih maisuradze and his new partner? they teamed very fast, why havenīt we seen them at test skates?

Here is an article about Maisuradze and partner: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/5147.html

He says that they made quick progress despite having teamed up only two months ago. They work with Artur Dmitriev, their SP - Kalinka, LP - Take Five, first competition at the Russian Cup series in December in Moscow.

He also says that as far as he knows, Ilushechkina will be released by Russian Federation and will be able to participate in international competitions in a year, until then they are going to skate at domestic events in France.

As her wiki page says, Maria Mukhortova has joined Russian Ice Stars http://www.wildroseltd.co.uk/company.html

Jeschke
09-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Here is an article about Maisuradze and partner: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/5147.html

He says that they made quick progress despite having teamed up only two months ago. They work with Artur Dmitriev, their SP - Kalinka, LP - Take Five, first competition at the Russian Cup series in December in Moscow.

He also says that as far as he knows, Ilushechkina will be released by Russian Federation and will be able to participate in international competitions in a year, until then they are going to skate at domestic events in France.

As her wiki page says, Maria Mukhortova has joined Russian Ice Stars http://www.wildroseltd.co.uk/company.html

thanks for the updates..

looking forward too see nodari and lubov with their new partners.
woukd be great if the russian fed would release her.

and sad about mukhortova, all the divas are gone :D

Macassar88
09-21-2012, 11:09 AM
thanks for the updates..

looking forward too see nodari and lubov with their new partners.
woukd be great if the russian fed would release her.

and sad about mukhortova, all the divas are gone :D

Well Domnina hasn't officially retired yet... (She and Maxim are still reserve skaters even though they're effectively retired)