PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

shah
09-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Martiusheva/Rogonov are sublime :swoon:
I hope they make good use of their chance to present themselves nicely in the GP and :kickass:
They are the most beautiful pair out there.

absolutely! :swoon:
they and Stolbova/Klimov are this season's number ones for me!

Nah that's too original for Kustarova to actually think of

:P

The only thing I didn't like was that really obvious ending. She doesn't die does she? :confused: It doesn't have to be so literal like that lol, they could come up with something that has a bit more flow, like maybe add some kind of knee spin while she :drama: falls back for 8 seconds in slow motion like that.

I agree, that uberdramatik ending is unintentionally hilarious. so far their both programmes leave me a bit cold. maybe my expectations were a tad too high...

l'etoile
09-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Interview with TAT after the test skates http://www.newizv.ru/sport/2012-09-18/169969-zasluzhennyj-trener-rossii-tatjana-tarasova.html

She's happy about Bobrova/Soloviev, Monko/Khalyavin, Pushkash/Guerreiro results after their respective coaching changes; thinks that there was a third party in Zoueva/Shpilband's split; is thankful to Liudmila Kalinina (Bazarova/Larionov's coach) for letting her choreograph their SP to Liebestraum and praises them for being beautiful and hard-working; likes Sotnikova and Volosozhar/Trankov; is impressed by Kavaguti/Smirnov's LP and Plushenko's quad Salchow.

Thanks! Always glad to read/listen to TAT's insights:D

shan
09-18-2012, 09:59 PM
please let monko/khalyavin be succesful!they were really promising in their last junior year. and i´m just fearing, they´re falling under the radar (like gorshkova/butikov - but not to misunderstand: m/k seems to have obviously more potential than g/b have had. by the wa - are they finally retired and have given up?)

I was racking my brain and couldn't remember G/B's names. I have seen them mentioned at all during the test skates. I always felt sad for them, though I can't say why (other than the cruddy programs they always seemed to have).

Macassar88
09-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Wow... TAT was the one who gave Bazarova and Larionov Liebestraum

babayaga
09-19-2012, 02:26 AM
Wow... TAT was the one who gave Bazarova and Larionov Liebestraum

She certainly likes the music :D Offered it to Mao, then gave to Adelina, now B/L.

BittyBug
09-19-2012, 04:04 AM
Plushy Long program (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp2Gb6KBmLs&feature=youtube_gdata_player)Rondo + The Swan? It's Plushy's personal homage to JWe. And he's even sporting a pseudo-Weirtard. :lol:

Plushenko: It's gotten to the point where it doesn't matter what he's skating to or what he's wearing. I'm just riveted. Love him.He is like the fountain of youth for me. I can't believe that after all these years, we're still watching Plush and I hope he skates forever because that way I'll never feel old.

She certainly likes the music :D Offered it to Mao, then gave to Adelina, now B/L.She tried to foist it upon Johnny, too.

BittyBug
09-19-2012, 04:19 AM
Love BobSol's SD. In fact, it's the first SD I've seen for this season that I actually like.

Did Averbukh choreograph both of Makarova's programs this season? I love, love, love her long program (well, the abbreviated version that we saw).

lauravvv
09-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Did Averbukh choreograph both of Makarova's programs this season? I love, love, love her long program (well, the abbreviated version that we saw).Makarova's SP is the same from last season. Yes, it was choreographed by Averbukh, as is the new LP.

TAHbKA
09-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Watching VoloTran's LP. See the elements, can't see a programme. Rewatching. Nope, no programe, just elements.

BittyBug
09-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Makarova's SP is the same from last season. Yes, it was choreographed by Averbukh, as is the new LP.Thanks! I only saw a vid of her long so I didn't realize she was keeping her short.

Who else has Averbukh worked with?

Cherub721
09-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Who else has Averbukh worked with?

The German ice dancers Zhiganshina & Gaszi. Their FD will be a zombie theme. :D I hope Averbukh becomes the next big thing in choreography.

allezfred
09-19-2012, 03:16 PM
I think Makarova may have had my two favourite programmes last season albeit for different reasons. :lol:

lulu
09-19-2012, 03:23 PM
The German ice dancers Zhiganshina & Gaszi. Their FD will be a zombie theme. :D I hope Averbukh becomes the next big thing in choreography.

That sounds super voidy. :kickass:

I love Makarova's programs as well. Can't wait to see more of Averbukh's choreography. :)

love_skate2011
09-19-2012, 04:18 PM

nice. I also want to see the brother-sister duel of Nelli and Ruslan

Averbukh and Irina Zhuk seems to be the popular go to choreographers now for Russian skaters along with Morozov

lulu
09-19-2012, 04:33 PM
nice. I also want to see the brother-sister duel of Nelli and Ruslan

Averbukh and Irina Zhuk seems to be the popular go to choreographers now for Russian skaters along with Morozov

Is it just a coincidence, or is Irina Zhuk a relation to the coach Stanislav Zhuk?

(sorry if this question has been asked a million times). :cold: