PDA

View Full Version : From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Cherub721
09-15-2012, 06:19 PM
D&D - I hadn't watched them from the JGP yet. Can't say I love it. I do see that the lifts look weird, but can someone explain exactly what the change is?

V&T - Wonderful expression from both, very musical, and I'm seeing more transitions. At least it's a different version of Godfather, but no one can tell this story like Candeloro (which to be fair I don't think they were trying to do, but then why not use a better piece of jazz?). I would love this if it were anyone but them, but I am always left feeling that they could do something better. I mean they're so new, yet it's probably their penultimate season already, and I want a masterpiece!

B&S - Definitely better from the judges' side. Love how he stays in character. But overall I'm not convinced.

Plush - A pleasure to see him skate to real classical music again. I loved the fluidity to some of his movements and I really liked his "choreographic sequence" or whatever it's called (I guess they had to make it a requirement to force him to have any choreo ;)). He even did a Sasha Cohen HMV type move, LOL! Really great light and shade and variation of tone in this program. I like it so much, I have a feeling he'll dump it by Euros. :P I don't know why he says this is his first 4sal, I thought he did one at a Russian Cup Event a few years ago. Anyway, it's been a while, so I'm impressed that at this age he's basically adding a new jump to his repertoire, while keeping his immaculate triple axel, which I swear looks better than when he was young. He looks to be in such great shape, I selfishly really wish he would do at least Cup of Russia. :(

Gachinsky - I liked it, I see the improvement, but I agree that the program will change, and not for the better, and when all he's left with is the music, it will be boring.

love_skate2011
09-15-2012, 06:21 PM
I like V/T SP better than their Evanesence

How many Russian pairs and dance couples skate to the music from Godfather?
Volosozhar/Trankov, Davankova/Deputat, Riazanova/Tkachenko...

you forgot another Russian overused music for this season " Witch Doctor "
:lynch:

oleada
09-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Just watched Zhingashina & Sinitsin and really enjoyed it. The two halves are really disjointed, but they're really entertaining, both of them. Wish they could somehow link them better, but it's a very fun program.

love_skate2011
09-15-2012, 06:23 PM
D&D - I hadn't watched them from the JGP yet. Can't say I love it. I do see that the lifts look weird, but can someone explain exactly what the change is?

Wasn't there a change in lift rule for junior also ?
the first lift was ugly

babayaga
09-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Hot. Can't wait to see this with more chemistry and intensity. :swoon:

I didn't like V/T short at all :shuffle: Don't know why.

Macassar88
09-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Plushy Long program (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp2Gb6KBmLs&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

I thought he was skating to Romeo and Juliet?? It's very bare most of the program, the last 30 seconds are fun.

Very un plushenko program. None of the arm flailing until the last music cut. I don't know how I feel about it. I was expecting a masterpiece to Romeo and Juliet and got this. It's not bad, just not what I think he's capable of.

oleada
09-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Stolbova and Klimov have the first lift I haven't hated this year! I like the Addams family free and I hope she can get a hold of her jumps soon. I really appreciate how they consistently produce really original programs :)

I like Adelina's SP, too. Axel aside, the jumps were very well done and it really shows off her power.

Jemestone
09-15-2012, 07:19 PM
B/L Short program (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhXNmOpIawg&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

Macassar88
09-15-2012, 07:25 PM
B/L Short program (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhXNmOpIawg&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

Vera looks stunning as always, but I think she looks better in lighter colors. And I hope that they give Yuri someone better to wear. He's boring enough as it is and an all black costume would have no connection to her dress.

Jemestone
09-15-2012, 07:25 PM
Sotnikova's Long program (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceDNc_1OAXs&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

oleada
09-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Vera looks like she could snap in half. She gets skinnier every year :( But it's not a bad program; though it's pretty much par for the course for them.

I hope this is a practice outfit for Yuri. I don't think it goes with her outfit at all.

love_skate2011
09-15-2012, 07:31 PM
I actually liked their SP even if Dreams of Love is overused music

Vera looks stunning as always, but I think she looks better in lighter colors. And I hope that they give Yuri someone better to wear. He's boring enough as it is and an all black costume would have no connection to her dress.

I think Larionov is wearing a skating " all black" practice costume
like the some other russian teamsare wearing like Adelina and Puskash/Guerreiro.

I don't think he'll be skating in all black

rfisher
09-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Adelina is my sentimental favorite of the Russian ladies. Her jumps looked strong overall. I really hope this is her year to shine and she's moved past her nerves from last season. I can't wait for the GP series to start. :cheer2:

oleada
09-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Adelina is my sentimental favorite of the Russian ladies. Her jumps looked strong overall. I really hope this is her year to shine and she's moved past her nerves from last season. I can't wait for the GP series to start. :cheer2:

Sometimes I think you are some future version of me. It's creepy how we like the exact same things from skating to killer whales :eek:

Jemestone
09-15-2012, 07:39 PM
S/Z Free Dance (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Q8OEWkPow&feature=youtube_gdata_player) day 3