PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Kwan is engaged!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

aftershocks
09-13-2012, 02:22 AM
This is wonderful news. I wish all the best to Michelle and Clay.

This year has been a wonderful one for Michelle; USFS Hall of Fame, World Hall of Fame and now her engagement.

edited to add:
Posted on Michelle Kwan Forum a video with the ring.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPCu4ZopuZo&feature=youtube_gdata&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

^^ Yes, thanks belladella! I saw that vid and already ETA'd it upthread with other links. Looking forward to the new issue of People mag. :)

RunnersHigh
09-13-2012, 02:33 AM
Wonderful NEWS! :)

Michelle and Clay! Congratulations!!!

martyross
09-13-2012, 03:04 AM
i find all these celebrations a little bourgeois, but that's the way it still crumbles in 2012

VIETgrlTerifa
09-13-2012, 03:24 AM
As bourgeois as holding a very expensive ceremonial competition for highly-paid athletes where the top three competitors in their fields are rewarded shiny medals in-front of hundreds (or thousands) of people and millions (billions) more on television in-between commercials? Or partaking and enjoying a very expensive sport that requires refrigeration, costumes, specialized equipment, stylists, music editors, and a team of coaches/choreographers in order to even participate?

Mathman
09-13-2012, 04:06 AM
Re being able to see the wedding... I WISH. Michelle and Clay are obviously both low-key and family-oriented so maybe there will be a few pics released to the press, but I seriously doubt tv cameras. Wouldn't it be wonderful tho' for some fortunate long-time MKF fans to be invited. The guest list will probably also include close skating buds like Brian B, Evan, Vera, and perhaps Kristi, Dick Button, Peggy Fleming, Rafael Artunian, Scott Williams, Lori Nichol and Frank Carroll. Our Michelle moves in a very different world these days tho' far beyond skating.

I think President and Mrs. Obama will want to attend, too, along with Secretary of State Clinton. Also former President and Mrs. Bush and former secretary of state Condoleezza Rice.

I would, if I were any of them. :)

OliviaPug
09-13-2012, 04:38 AM
i find all these celebrations a little bourgeois, but that's the way it still crumbles in 2012

Personally, I take every opportunity to celebrate ... whether it's a birthday, a special event, someone accomplishing something ... I even celebrate just a little every day because I am lucky every day to be here (after surviving two cardiac arrests).

There are so many downright crappy events in the world at any given time, I see nothing wrong with infusing positivity by celebrating -- especially when it's celebrating greatness. For some reason, people find it easier to complain and bitch and criticize. The human condition, I guess.

And I wish for you the same sort of positive perspective without the perspective-giving experience I had.

O-

IceAlisa
09-13-2012, 04:43 AM

Bourgeois? As opposed to what? Proletarian? Aristocratic?

What OliviaPug said.

PDilemma
09-13-2012, 04:52 AM
Personally, I take every opportunity to celebrate ... whether it's a birthday, a special event, someone accomplishing something ... I even celebrate just a little every day because I am lucky every day to be here (after surviving two cardiac arrests).

There are so many downright crappy events in the world at any given time, I see nothing wrong with infusing positivity by celebrating -- especially when it's celebrating greatness. For some reason, people find it easier to complain and bitch and criticize. The human condition, I guess.

And I wish for you the same sort of positive perspective without the perspective-giving experience I had.

O-

Someone rep this. Please!

I love this, OliviaPug. Love it. We celebrate at our house, too. Anything that can be celebrated.

aftershocks
09-13-2012, 05:20 AM
Thanks OliviaPug, et al. I guess it does take perspective as well as maintaining a positive outlook. Maybe it also takes waking up to being present in our own lives, and being thankful for whatever we have without comparing it against anything else.

Who better to be celebrated than the Kween -- a wonderful person and athlete who has given so much joy to so many just by working hard and being herself. And still with all she has given, Michelle chooses to dedicate her post-skating life to giving back more in every way that she can.

Kudos, congrats and many blessings to Michelle, Clay and their families.

overedge
09-13-2012, 05:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPCu4ZopuZo&feature=youtube_gdata&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

LOL at E News "confirming" the news. To cover up for the fact that the news was in wide circulation before they managed to discover it....

Loves_Shizuka
09-13-2012, 08:58 AM
:cheer:

As against marriage as I am (well, for myself that is :P) Huge Congratulations to Michelle and Clay! He sounds like a goodun. All the best! :D

Maureen
09-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Congratulations to Michelle and Clay. Wishing them a lifetime of happiness.

NinjaTurtles
09-13-2012, 01:10 PM
There was a nice mention of Michelle's engagement at the back of the WaPo Express with the other celebrity blurbs this morning. She apparently won two Olympic gold medals ;)

belladella
09-13-2012, 02:08 PM
^^ Yes, thanks belladella! I saw that vid and already ETA'd it upthread with other links. Looking forward to the new issue of People mag. :)

Sorry. I missed your post..

kwanette
09-13-2012, 02:11 PM
There was a nice mention of Michelle's engagement at the back of the WaPo Express with the other celebrity blurbs this morning. She apparently won two Olympic gold medals ;)

I always thought so.