PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Kwan is engaged!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19

FiveRinger
09-17-2012, 08:59 PM
For those who were claiming how "business like" and non lovey-dovey the announcement of Michelle's engagement was, here's something from PEOPLE (http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2012/09/14/bride-to-be-michelle-kwan-wants-a-vera-wang-wedding-gown/) that would seem to contradict their view:Love at first sight and magnetic connections would seem to be the antithesis of business-like. :)

Ice Alisa was right....Vera Wang it is!

skatesindreams
09-17-2012, 09:11 PM
I saw that earlier.
I'm sure that whatever Vera/Michelle decide, Michelle will be a beautiful bride.

sk9tingfan
09-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Ice Alisa was right....Vera Wang it is!

Was there ever any doubt about this? I can still remember all of the women at the 2003 US Figure Skating Championship literally hanging over the boards to see how Michelle's short program costume was designed. :D

DreamSkates
09-20-2012, 03:33 AM
Congrats to Michelle. My goodness, she's 32 "already". Of course she would marry someone with high accomplishment - equals out the relationship! She probably wouldn't find a man interesting who hadn't accomplished much - he has to keep up with the Kween of course.

ballettmaus
09-20-2012, 08:00 AM
Congrats to Michelle. My goodness, she's 32 "already". Of course she would marry someone with high accomplishment - equals out the relationship! She probably wouldn't find a man interesting who hadn't accomplished much - he has to keep up with the Kween of course.

:confused: That sounds very narrow minded and I truly doubt she fell for him because he was accomplished. He could probably have waited tables in a diner if the personality and character were right. There are far more important things in life than accomplishments; he needs to be trustworthy and worthy of her love and he can be that whoever he is and whatever he accomplished and she always struck me as someone who doesn't look for obvious but inner values. Which I find far more important anyway.

Anita18
09-20-2012, 09:22 AM
:confused: That sounds very narrow minded and I truly doubt she fell for him because he was accomplished. He could probably have waited tables in a diner if the personality and character were right. There are far more important things in life than accomplishments; he needs to be trustworthy and worthy of her love and he can be that whoever he is and whatever he accomplished and she always struck me as someone who doesn't look for obvious but inner values. Which I find far more important anyway.
DreamSkates probably worded it the most awkward way possible, but every ambitious person I know also desires a partner who is as ambitious as they are. It's not accomplishments on paper, but ambition. I find that in all of my friends and relatives, every couple matches the other in ambition level. If not, the less ambitious partner is the trophy spouse and it's not an equal partnership. It's certainly not impossible to find someone as ambitious as you are, who's also trustworthy and considerate and worthy of love. Love encompasses all of those things.

For someone like Michelle, I simply don't think a waiter who spent his free time playing video games would catch her attention, as kind-hearted as they might be. Anyone who believes otherwise is living in a fairy tale. :lol:

Frau Muller
09-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Michelle's sister, Karen, certainly fell in love with a guy with ALL possible qualities, Peter O: accomplished and handsome! :) The Kwan Sisters have done very well for themselves! I'm sure that Danny approves, too.

orbitz
09-20-2012, 05:13 PM
For someone like Michelle, I simply don't think a waiter who spent his free time playing video games would catch her attention, as kind-hearted as they might be. Anyone who believes otherwise is living in a fairy tale. :lol:

What about a waiter who spend his free time raising money and awareness to combat homelessness in America ... AND plays guitar and sings ... AND used to be a nationally ranked skater ... AND plan to attend Harvard medical school?

luenatic
09-20-2012, 05:59 PM
What about a waiter who spend his free time raising money and awareness to combat homelessness in America ... AND plays guitar and sings ... AND used to be a nationally ranked skater ... AND plan to attend Harvard medical school?

UMBS Go Blue, are you reading?

skatingfan5
09-20-2012, 06:14 PM
What about a waiter who spend his free time raising money and awareness to combat homelessness in America ... AND plays guitar and sings ... AND used to be a nationally ranked skater ... AND plan to attend Harvard medical school?:lol: That certainly sounds like someone who is both accomplished AND very ambitious. The job waiting tables is probably just to earn some money for med school -- if he's personable and good-looking he could earn very generous tips. ;)

Anita18
09-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Sounds ambitious to me. ;)

MacMadame
09-20-2012, 08:07 PM
DreamSkates probably worded it the most awkward way possible, but every ambitious person I know also desires a partner who is as ambitious as they are.

You need to broaden your friendship pool. ;) There are plenty of ambitious people who don't want a spouse as ambitious as them because then the relationship has two alpha dogs. They want someone who complements them in the relationship rather than competes with them.

luenatic
09-20-2012, 09:32 PM
You need to broaden your friendship pool. ;) There are plenty of ambitious people who don't want a spouse as ambitious as them because then the relationship has two alpha dogs. They want someone who complements them in the relationship rather than competes with them.

Like Cher and Rob Camilletti (who worked in a bagel shop)?

skatingfan5
09-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Like Cher and Rob Camilletti (who worked in a bagel shop)?Like Liz Taylor and Larry Fortensky? Married at Neverland Ranch ... why oh why did that marriage never last? :slinkaway

MacMadame
09-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Liz Taylor was also married to Richard Burton (twice!) who was as ambitious as she was. So clearly she has something else going on when it comes to why she didn't stay married. ;)

[Same with Cher who was married to Sonny Bono who was clearly ambitious.]

I was thinking more like a hot-shot Silicon Valley tech type who worked 60-80 hour weeks on a regular basis married to someone with a 9-5 job that is just a job and not a career. Or maybe married to a SAHM or SAHD.

[In fact, I'd say an ambitious career man married to a SAHM is more the norm than two ambitious career people married to each other. How ambitious the SAHM is about things outside a career varies, but the happy ones seem to be more dialed down than the super ambitious are.]