PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Kwan is engaged!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

taf2002
09-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Few recent skaters have been in the public eye for as long as Michelle, so it's not surprising that many of us like to celebrate seeing the young girl with such potential develop into a gracious woman committed to giving back to her country and continuing to live her life with passion.

Nothing makes me happier for a skater that I like than to see them happy and fulfilled after they stop competing.

Well said. I completely agree.

Frau Muller
09-13-2012, 07:04 PM
I believe so. They (Inoue/Badwin) did have a baby, I know that for sure.

Thanks, dawnie. I remember reading about the baby, too, but somehow missed the wedding photos, description of ceremonies, etc. I/B were never shy with the press. I was almost expecting an on-ice ceremony complete with throw triple axel to Mendelsohn's march. :lol:

BaileyCatts
09-13-2012, 07:25 PM
So who is in charge of sneaking into the wedding and getting us pictures. ;)

lulu
09-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Few recent skaters have been in the public eye for as long as Michelle, so it's not surprising that many of us like to celebrate seeing the young girl with such potential develop into a gracious woman committed to giving back to her country and continuing to live her life with passion.

Nothing makes me happier for a skater that I like than to see them happy and fulfilled after they stop competing.

Amen. Michelle was never one of my favorite skaters, although she did have performances that I enjoyed; but I can think of very few people who have been a better ambassador for the sport than Michelle Kwan. From all accounts she is a lovely, intelligent and motivated woman, I admire her. :)

aftershocks
09-13-2012, 07:44 PM
There was a nice mention of Michelle's engagement at the back of the WaPo Express with the other celebrity blurbs this morning. She apparently won two Olympic gold medals ;)

I always thought so.

:rollin: Yep, no typos!

Kwan's response to her larger than life Olympic moments shows us what really matters. She's so much more than a two-time Olympic medalist, 9-time U.S. champion, and 5-time World champion. She achieved extraordinary athletic accomplishments (as well as post-skating degrees and honors) one day at a time. MK turned '98 silver into gold; '02 bronze into self-determination; and '06 disappointment into self-realization, new goals and a new life of opportunity and service.

Uhhh...OK. Maybe Clay & The Kween will opt for a casual wedding. I heard that 'Casual' is the new 'Formal'!

Clay may not be into either casual or glamorous attire, and apparently he hadn't yet met Michelle when the linked pic was taken ... I'm sure Michelle would have helped him with his bowtie. ;)

^^ ITA! Happy for Michelle; happy for Matt Savoie (who was recently engaged, and has found a fulfilling life beyond skating); and happy for Todd Eldredge re his engagement and new baby!

Simone411
09-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Whoohoo!! Congratulations, Michelle and Clay! What an amazing journey they will share! :respec: :rockstar: :cheer2:

Frau Muller
09-13-2012, 07:49 PM
^^ ITA! Happy for Michelle; happy for Matt Savoie (who was recently engaged, and has found a fulfilling life beyond skating); and happy for Todd Eldredge re his engagement and new baby!

And let's not forget Johnny & his recent wedding to Victor Voronov! :hat1:

nubka
09-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Michelle Pell - it rhymes!! :rollin:

Has the date been announced yet?

aftershocks
09-13-2012, 08:04 PM
^^ I don't think the date has been announced. Maybe it might be mentioned in the People mag feature. When does it hit newstands?

Right, Frau Muller, I thought of JWe! I'm definitely happy for him too with his success off-ice and with his recent marriage. But with his comeback, Johnny is still a competitive figure skater. Keeping my fingers crossed that he'll achieve the on-ice goals that made him want to endure once again the sacrifices that athletic competition demands.

Simone411
09-13-2012, 08:09 PM
The article said that People hits the newstands on Friday. Maybe we'll find out more then.

Garden Kitty
09-13-2012, 08:35 PM
According to posts earlier in the thread, Michelle told Phil Hersh yesterday that they hadn't set a date yet.

Frau Muller
09-13-2012, 09:54 PM
According to posts earlier in the thread, Michelle told Phil Hersh yesterday that they hadn't set a date yet.

Good ol' Phil. You know he'll get an invite. Maybe he can be our sekret photographer-reporter? He can send minute-by-minute Tweets. :lol:

IceAlisa
09-14-2012, 12:35 AM
We should have a v-bet on whether or not Michelle's Vera Wang will be strapless. I think it will be. :D I will go as far as predicting that it will be a strapless sheath. I just don't see her in a poofy ball gown.

jlai
09-14-2012, 01:00 AM
Hmmm. After they marry and if they have a son, will they call him Grant? (As in PELL, Grant) :P

UGG
09-14-2012, 01:30 AM
YAY for the Kween!!!!

i think this is somewhat of an emotional event for her fans because she literally grew up before our eyes-I am only 3 years older than her so I feel like I grew up with her. We watched her from 12 years old, winning her first national and world title at 15, her last world title at 22 and of course, her career ending injury at 25 years old.

She grew tremendously as a skater year after year. She is an amazing person. I am very proud to be her fan.

15 years old in the below video. Who else????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iok96fRDFYA