PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Kwan is engaged!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Wyliefan
09-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Link from this morning's Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/reliable-source/post/love-etc-michelle-kwan-engaged-to-clay-pell/2012/09/11/4738d8fa-fc77-11e1-b153-218509a954e1_blog.html). Note the reference to the groom's pedigree and the expectation that everyone knows who the late Sen. Claiborne Pell was. In some ways, modern D.C. is just like an Edith Wharton novel. :)

leafygreens
09-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Michelle is going to beat Tara to the altar. Justice!! :lol:

skatesindreams
09-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Thanks OliviaPug, et al. I guess it does take perspective as well as maintaining a positive outlook. Maybe it also takes waking up to being present in our own lives, and being thankful for whatever we have without comparing it against anything else.

Who better to be celebrated than the Kween -- a wonderful person and athlete who has given so much joy to so many just by working hard and being herself. And still with all she has given, Michelle chooses to dedicate her post-skating life to giving back more in every way that she can.

Kudos, congrats and many blessings to Michelle, Clay and their families.

Anen, to all of this.
Thank you, OliviaPug.

Sparks
09-13-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm not allowed to give rep for a few hours, but when I can I will rep OliviaPug.

Badams
09-13-2012, 03:35 PM
There was a nice mention of Michelle's engagement at the back of the WaPo Express with the other celebrity blurbs this morning. She apparently won two Olympic gold medals ;)

:encore::encore::encore:

Congratulations to Michelle and Clay. I hope for great things from this couple in the years to come. They both seem to want to do good for the world. :)

kwanatic
09-13-2012, 03:45 PM
That's so great!! I'm so happy for her!!

She's going to be Michelle Pell! Or will she do like Karen and do the hyphen thing, Kwan-Pell. Either way, I'm ecstatic! They're cute together and it's great how similar they are. And that ring is gorgeous!!

Yeah, I would imagine the guest list to that wedding will be pretty impressive. I hope it's big and beautiful...she so deserves it!

Frau Muller
09-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Clay in tux:

http://newportseen.com/archived-news/governors-ball-2010/ scroll far down

Uhhh...OK. Maybe Clay & The Kween will opt for a casual wedding. I heard that 'Casual' is the new 'Formal'!

taf2002
09-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Uhhh...OK. Maybe Clay & The Kween will opt for a casual wedding. I heard that 'Casual' is the new 'Formal'!

No, "casual is the new formal" is the latest oxymoron.

sk9tingfan
09-13-2012, 05:44 PM

That's not all that Michelle has beaten Tara to.......

Garden Kitty
09-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Few recent skaters have been in the public eye for as long as Michelle, so it's not surprising that many of us like to celebrate seeing the young girl with such potential develop into a gracious woman committed to giving back to her country and continuing to live her life with passion.

Nothing makes me happier for a skater that I like than to see them happy and fulfilled after they stop competing.

query5
09-13-2012, 05:58 PM
congratulations to Michelle Kwan and Clay Pell, best wishes for the happy couple

query5
09-13-2012, 06:06 PM
congratulations to Michelle Kwan and Clay Pell, good luck in you future

Dilng
09-13-2012, 06:22 PM
:rolleyes: I don't think Tara cares if Michelle gets married before her it's really not a competition!

Frau Muller
09-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Whatever wedding she has - casual or formal, civil or church, Vera Wang or jeans - I hope that we may be able to see it. Pay per view, anyone?

Also, beating Tara to the altar is not important. What really matters: I hope that her engagement will not be as long as Inoue/Baldwin's! (Did those two ever tie the knot?)

dawnie
09-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Whatever wedding she has - casual or formal, civil or church, Vera Wang or jeans - I hope that we may be able to see it. Pay per view, anyone?

Also, beating Tara to the altar is not important. What really matters: I hope that her engagement will not be as long as Inoue/Baldwin's! (Did those two ever tie the knot?)

I believe so. They did have a baby, I know that for sure.