PDA

View Full Version : Cinquanta answers to "Minimun Scores" complains..

Pages : 1 [2]

misskarne
09-11-2012, 05:29 AM
The TES minimum scores can be earned at any "ISU recognized International Competition... during the ongoing or immediately preceding season in both segments" - see the relevant ISU Communication No. 1742 excerpt here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3605252&postcount=1

Scores earned at an international competition that is open, i.e., not limited by geography (rare, but noted on the international competition lists), holds the standard SP/SD and FS/FD segments, and has enough participants and judges from the minimum number of countries qualify for the Worlds TES minimums. Minimums can be met in more than one comp. The list of international competitions from last year is Communication 1676 and this year is Communication 1727.

Farris, Brown, Yan, and Ten made both World TES minimums at Jr. Worlds last year. Bush and Zhang missed by less than a point in the SP; Bush made it in the FS. Zhang was the only one of the top nine men at Jr. Worlds who missed the TES minimum in the FS, and again Zhang missed by less than one point. For 4C's/Euros, only the bottom three Jr. men in the FS missed the TES minimum, and all but two qualifiers earned it in the SP. That's just one junior competition.

I don't think it's the Junior Men who have to be concerned.

Cheers for the clarification guys. I forgot last season could be used.

overedge
09-11-2012, 08:08 PM
I fear you are right, but if they really think like that they are all in need of some modern management training.

They are long overdue for that, but seeing as they think they are doing just fine with things like negotiating TV contracts :wall:.....I am not sure how much impact any training would have on people who seem convinced that when things go wrong the fault always lies elsewhere.

Lesson 2 - There is always room for improvement. (To be fair, the ISU does actually have a record of adjusting things based on experience.)

As long as the adjustment suits their own definition of "improvement". Which unfortunately is not always a true change for the better.

Susan M
09-18-2012, 02:56 AM
Since Canada had no lady with Worlds qualifying scores yet, I was watching for Amelie Lacoste's results at the Salt Lake City Senior B and thinking about these FSU threads on qualifying scores. With a clean short, she achieved the necessary score in the SP but in the free ...

Her TES score: 47.99
Qualifying Minimum score: 48.00

4rkidz
09-18-2012, 03:15 AM
Since Canada had no lady with Worlds qualifying scores yet, I was watching for Amelie Lacoste's results at the Salt Lake City Senior B and thinking about these FSU threads on qualifying scores. With a clean short, she achieved the necessary score in the SP but in the free ...

are there any allowances made for countries that are hosting worlds :shuffle: I think we should get a break ;)

Ziggy
09-18-2012, 03:42 AM

Doesn't Osmond have it?

4rkidz
09-18-2012, 03:47 AM
Doesn't Osmond have it?

not sure.. but that's one.. I want two :P

Coco
09-18-2012, 03:55 AM
I say, if they meet the qualifying standard for the SP, let them come to worlds and try to qualify for the free like everyone else!

4rkidz
09-18-2012, 04:17 AM
I say, if they meet the qualifying standard for the SP, let them come to worlds and try to qualify for the free like everyone else!

yes totally agree with that :D

Ziggy
09-18-2012, 05:28 AM
Osmond earned 49.06 in the 2012 Junior Worlds FS and 28.46 in the SP so she has achieved both of the required scores there.

She's the only Canadian lady to have earned it so far.

Lacoste can easily earn this during the GP, just needs to remember to do 3 combos, even if she doubles jumps.

Susan M
09-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Lacoste can easily earn this during the GP, just needs to remember to do 3 combos, even if she doubles jumps.
Yeah, she left out a lot of jumps, so a better number seems easily within range. I was just struck at the idea of falling 1/100th of a point short.