PDA

View Full Version : 2012 2013 Season programs Thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

kittyjake5
09-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the translation homura!

VarBar
09-17-2012, 02:04 PM
No. Interview with Mishin regarding Miyamoto's RJ.

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/5108.html

Hmm, looks like Mishin wasn't entirely happy with Miyamoto's choreo and dumped his program altogether.:(

First we did with the Japanese choreographer Kenji Miyamoto to music Nino Rota "Romeo and Juliet." It was a good program, but it lacked what I call, a triumphant finale

Thanks, kittyjake.

Macassar88
09-17-2012, 03:27 PM
No. Interview with Mishin regarding Miyamoto's RJ.

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/5108.html

NOOOOOOOOO they can't get rid of RJ! Everyone here is saying that it was much better than his current program. :(

Marco
09-17-2012, 04:21 PM
NOOOOOOOOO they can't get rid of RJ! Everyone here is saying that it was much better than his current program. :(

Perhaps the program isn't being shelved so much as saved for next year ;)

Macassar88
09-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Perhaps the program isn't being shelved so much as saved for next year ;)
I hope so, but I feel like if that were the case, Mishin would have just said something vague about not knowing which program he would use instead of saying that they didn't like it.

ostile17
09-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Here is my translation.

Thank you for your translation.

Daisuke Takahashi unveiled his practice in Russia. He is being coached by Nikolai Morozov of Russia. Daisuke's aim for Sochi Olympics is to upgrade his performance level. His first competition of this season will be held in October. Morozov advised him to express feelings more abundantly while skating his free program to Opera music.

Ok, now I'm officially worried!

shah
09-17-2012, 08:57 PM
So she goes mad at the end and decides to cut Tosca into the music... ah, no, that was TAT. :D

who wouldn't go mad, listening to Tosca and Marton? :P

To me, his FS sounds like "Pagliacci" by Leoncavallo. It was choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne.

and I have to repeat what I've already said/written about Morozov's choices: time to get some new music! he gave I Pagliacci to Voronov last season, now it's Dai. thank God Dai can skate to anything and still be just brilliant... and at least Dai doesn't skate to POTC or RFAD :P.

AJ Skatefan
09-17-2012, 10:38 PM

and I have to repeat what I've already said/written about Morozov's choices: time to get some new music! he gave I Pagliacci to Voronov last season, now it's Dai. thank God Dai can skate to anything and still be just brilliant... and at least Dai doesn't skate to POTC or RFAD :P.

Dai already skated to POTC a few years ago.

Aussie Willy
09-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Well, that was certainly different from their programs so far! What music is that? I'm not crazy about one of the lift exits, but I assume they'll tweak it (or change it) as the season progresses. :)

Also, Tatiana is such a :glamor: :swoon:
It is a theme from some cop show from the 50s I think but I can't remember the name of it. Definately not the Godfather.

robinhood
09-18-2012, 12:35 AM
It is a theme from some cop show from the 50s I think but I can't remember the name of it. Definately not the Godfather.

the music sounds 50's jazz but it's definitely the main theme of The Godfather

martyross
09-18-2012, 12:39 AM
Dai already skated to POTC a few years ago.

Phantom Of The Carmen?

Ziggy
09-18-2012, 02:09 AM
Mishin said: First we did with the Japanese choreographer Kenji Miyamoto to music Nino Rota "Romeo and Juliet." It was a good program, but it lacked what I call, a triumphant finale

Translation: It was too complex and we can't have anything get in the way of JUMPS JUMPS JUMPS. :P

homura
09-18-2012, 03:22 AM

AFAIK, Dai's FS was choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne, and Morozov has nothing to do with Dai's music choice. It's Dai and Shae-Lynn who chose "Pagliacci" as his FS.

Aussie Willy
09-18-2012, 04:39 AM
deleted

Moka-Ananas
09-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Out of Juniors, I like the SD of Stepanova/Bukin most, in Seniors, IMHO Pushkash/Guerreiro have the best one so far.