PDA

View Full Version : 2012 2013 Season programs Thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Cherub721
09-14-2012, 07:10 PM
It's just nice to see that some skaters still have artistic integrity. 99% of them would have made the necessary adaptations and if it didn't fit the music or theme, oh well, the points are more important. And this is why S&S rock. :D

Macassar88
09-14-2012, 08:33 PM
I appreciate the concept and all, but these programs are a BIG mess. :scream: This is definitely a team that's going to drop in the standings. What a shame.

If they can get the levels they'll be okay. But that's a big big if.
Anyway, I love their FD and can't stop watching it. Granted theirs a bad music transition because of TAT, but such improvement already! And this is with Zhulin saying that he is gearing them for Pyongchang. Imagine how amazing they'll be by then.

zotza
09-14-2012, 09:20 PM
If they can get the levels they'll be okay. But that's a big big if.
Anyway, I love their FD and can't stop watching it. Granted theirs a bad music transition because of TAT, but such improvement already! And this is with Zhulin saying that he is gearing them for Pyongchang. Imagine how amazing they'll be by then.

I love it too. I sense this is the first time they look really dangerous (for other teams).
If Zhulin aims for Pyongchang and they keep going like that we're going to see great things.
I even noticed Dmitry for once.And I love the way they used their bodies now.They had it in them but somehow couldn't find it.Maybe they didn't have the right style.:kickass:

Macassar88
09-14-2012, 09:27 PM
I love it too. I sense this is the first time they look really dangerous (for other teams).
If Zhulin aims for Pyongchang and they keep going like that we're going to see great things.
I even noticed Dmitry for once.And I love the way they used their bodies now.They had it in them but somehow couldn't find it.Maybe they didn't have the right style.:kickass:

And it's going to be even better when they even out all the little kinks (like her dropping her blade on her camel and the lift issue).
I also agree that they need to work on their speed - but I feel like this is a very touchy area because of Bobrova's posture issues. It's gonna be a kickass year for them, but I worry that the judges will slam them as the new Russian #2 (because of their placement at worlds) and the fact that the new program is one that maybe takes more than one view to fully appreciate.

nuge
09-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Well I like the new look .Her hair down was good and they didn't look as heavy with lighter costumes but I found it to be a bit of a snooze fest zzzz to be honest .It was like watching Grushgons :lol:
I'm disappointed .Like the SD more.

DORISPULASKI
09-14-2012, 10:45 PM
If I&K are injured, B&S are the de factor Russian number 1 again, particularly after I&K's non-performance at WTT.

I wouldn't think it would be lost on the Russian fed that there is a team medal in Sochi...and that their Women's & Pair's team is very, very strong, and with Plushenko, their men's group will be good too. The hole is who is going to be the number one dance team...

love_skate2011
09-14-2012, 11:03 PM
If I&K are injured, B&S are the de factor Russian number 1 again, particularly after I&K's non-performance at WTT.

I wouldn't think it would be lost on the Russian fed that there is a team medal in Sochi...and that their Women's & Pair's team is very, very strong, and with Plushenko, their men's group will be good too. The hole is who is going to be the number one dance team...

will it really affect though ? its still off season unless Ilinkyh's shoulder injury requires a month to heal until GP, you're right this could be the right time for Bobrova/Soloviev to really break out and solidify as Russia's number 1, its hard because by the start of GP, the judges might think otherwise. In my wildest dream* Sinitsina/Zhiganshin are Russian number 1 by next season
:drama:

Ziggy
09-15-2012, 02:32 AM
It was like watching Grushgons :lol:

They couldn't skate. B/S have gorgeous skating skills.

Aussie Willy
09-15-2012, 03:05 AM
At this point- my favorite :)
And i like Siniticina-Zgiganshin SD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7mbvRmrsSU&list=UUjaUiznBS9O3SeqwqlIc4UQ&index=1&feature=plcp
Wow I really really enjoyed that - thanks for posting. It had some problems, but the choice of music was excellent (really good contrast between the two) and who would have thought "My friend the witchdoctor" could be a Yankee Polka. But I loved the fun they portrayed and it had some very nice skating in it too.

kwanfan1818
09-15-2012, 05:16 AM
She (Grushina) could skate, though. Sadly, he slowed her to a crawl.

love_skate2011
09-15-2012, 10:27 AM
Wow I really really enjoyed that - thanks for posting. It had some problems, but the choice of music was excellent (really good contrast between the two) and who would have thought "My friend the witchdoctor" could be a Yankee Polka. But I loved the fun they portrayed and it had some very nice skating in it too.

It did fit with the music transition because the song was mostly had country tone to it, shame they have a not so good FS program :(

nuge
09-15-2012, 05:14 PM

Well yes but I was meaning more the lack of speed :shuffle:

aka_gerbil
09-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Well yes but I was meaning more the lack of speed :shuffle:

I think the speed can and will come. My thought is that paying attention to other things they're working on with their skating is slowing them down. Once those other things are second nature, then they can work on speed.

Given their goal is 2018, I'd much rather the see them working on the other issues rather than speed at the moment.

Macassar88
09-15-2012, 05:32 PM
I think the speed can and will come. My thought is that paying attention to other things they're working on with their skating is slowing them down. Once those other things are second nature, then they can work on speed.

Given their goal is 2018, I'd much rather the see them working on the other issues rather than speed at the moment.

Yes they still have a lot to work on, but they have six seasons. I think it's good that they are going for Pyongchang gold because it means that they will do everything the right way instead of trying to take short cuts.

Obviously her posture is still atrocious at times, but it's much improved. The thing I want them to fix is their unison. They used to have really good unison and it left them in the past few seasons.

Cherub721
09-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Where did B&S say their goal is 2018? I agree that's the right goal for them, but I'm surprised they would say it out loud if they don't want the federation to dump them, because Morozov is implying that I&K's goal is 2014.