PDA

View Full Version : 2012 2013 Season programs Thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21

DimaToe
10-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Interviewer: Why did you choose "The Gost" soundtrack for Ilinykh/Katsalapov?
Morozov: I felt a great affinity with the character played by Whoopy Goldberg.

...So should we start calling Morozov Whoppy now? :rofl:

triple_toe
10-15-2012, 11:42 PM
I reeeaalllly want someone to skate to Desplat's soundtrack to Moonrise Kingdom (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycNCAslpZF4) next year.

shan
10-16-2012, 02:19 AM
I/K need to confirm what music they're usinng for FD. I've now heard third different story about their music:slinkaway

What are the other 2??

I thought it would be the soundtrack to the 2010 Roman Polanski film - I think it was called The Ghost Writer in the US, but was released as The Ghost in the UK and Ireland. The score is by Alexandre Desplat: www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hkR4KUfy_E

I hope you're right. The OP said "The Ghost" (musical soundtrack), but when you search for that on google, it comes up Ghost the Musical. I like the music you linked to, but what about a dance beat?

Aussie Willy
10-16-2012, 02:22 AM
He is.
he did such a GREAT job for Harry Potter's last movie as well. listen at 01:49!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTtFC0DryCM&feature=related
Why no skater uses this or other parts from HP? I'll be waiting till someone does it!

I've been dreaming forever about someone skating to the Harry Potter soundtrack. What you posted is beautiful and I love some pieces from Half-Blood prince too. For some reason I was always thinking that Akiko might try it. :)
You guys must not attend many club competitions if you haven't heard the HP soundtrack used for a skating program before.

babayaga
10-16-2012, 03:33 AM
You guys must not attend many club competitions if you haven't heard the HP soundtrack used for a skating program before.
Are such programs really common on a local level? That's great :) I am dying to see one. Do you know by any chance if there are any videos on youtube?

burntBREAD
10-16-2012, 04:02 AM
Bebe Liang (again, I posted about her in the New World Symphony thread) skated to Harry Potter a while ago for her SP, it was very good.

Aussie Willy
10-16-2012, 04:17 AM
Are such programs really common on a local level? That's great :) I am dying to see one. Do you know by any chance if there are any videos on youtube?
Too common. And I am not going to encourage them either. :slinkaway Same as pirates.

AJ Skatefan
10-16-2012, 04:47 AM
Bebe Liang (again, I posted about her in the New World Symphony thread) skated to Harry Potter a while ago for her SP, it was very good.

I loved that program!

babayaga
10-16-2012, 05:13 AM
Thank you so much :)

l'etoile
10-16-2012, 05:56 AM
What are the other 2??

The Ghost movie(Swayze and Moore starring), the musical, and the Ghost Writer now if I'm not mistaken.

morqet
10-16-2012, 07:46 AM
I hope you're right. The OP said "The Ghost" (musical soundtrack), but when you search for that on google, it comes up Ghost the Musical. I like the music you linked to, but what about a dance beat?

I saw it listed on another Russian site as The Ghost (OST), not musical soundtrack... but you're right about the film score needing a dance beat.

Ghost was an OK musical, it ran for nearly 2 years here in the UK, and there's a lot more than just Unchained Melody; the overture is really pretty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Htwv19kYa8 and I like this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRtReMimbOs but I still think the Alexandre Desplat music would be a more interesting choice. Still at least we'll find out what they're using in a week and a bit at Coupe de Nice.

martyross
10-16-2012, 03:14 PM
do you have a link? I would appreciated it very much :)
Yes, i see Akiko skating to Harry Potter, or even Gracie Gold (doesn't she look like one of Hogwarts students? :)) I wish i could see those HP programs from local competitions!
Btw, Jeremy Abbott had a track from Desplat in one of his FS's, and he really did it justice! this kind of music is deep but so soft at the same time, it mustn't be easy to skate to.

Moka-Ananas
10-16-2012, 04:58 PM

I had a free program to the Harry Potter soundtrack when I was still skating :lol:

burntBREAD
10-16-2012, 05:19 PM
do you have a link? I would appreciated it very much :)
Yes, i see Akiko skating to Harry Potter, or even Gracie Gold (doesn't she look like one of Hogwarts students? :)) I wish i could see those HP programs from local competitions!
Btw, Jeremy Abbott had a track from Desplat in one of his FS's, and he really did it justice! this kind of music is deep but so soft at the same time, it mustn't be easy to skate to.

It was on YouTube, but since then it has been taken off. :( It's her 2005 Nationals SP, if anyone has it!

DORISPULASKI
10-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Poulin & Servant skate their FD to Desplat this year. (Fantastic Mr. Fox soundtrack)