PDA

View Full Version : 2012 2013 Season programs Thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

DORISPULASKI
10-01-2012, 01:15 AM
Z&G are Zombies coming out of the grave and dancing in the cemetery. It was choreographed, so their bio says, by Averbukh.

Jeschke
10-01-2012, 01:45 AM
Z&G are Zombies coming out of the grave and dancing in the cemetery. It was choreographed, so their bio says, by Averbukh.

seems like im the only one likeing der new fd.
im so pleased with totally new lifts.
theire lifts the last seasons were all the same and kind of unspectacular compared to the top teams. so they improved by that.

i really like the idea and hope they can move on with great results in gp

shan
10-01-2012, 01:48 AM
It is to the soundtrack of the movie Charade...an Audrey Hepburn Cary Grant film if I remember correctly

I think it's Imai's SP that's to "Charade".

You are right...they blurred during the weekend.
I think it is Mozart...finishing with something very familiar...like Eine kleine Nachtmusik..but I may be wrong with the last piece. It is Mozart for sure

See post 177 of this thread...

Allen
10-01-2012, 03:07 AM
seems like im the only one likeing der new fd.
im so pleased with totally new lifts.
theire lifts the last seasons were all the same and kind of unspectacular compared to the top teams. so they improved by that.

i really like the idea and hope they can move on with great results in gp

I like the concept, the music, and the costumes...there is just a lack of tension in the choreography that makes it fall flat for me. I think the program has a ton of potential, I just hope they can realize it.

dots
10-01-2012, 04:25 AM

Thank you Doris. It makes sense now, well at least the neck twisting part of the choreography. :o

I like the concept, the music, and the costumes...there is just a lack of tension in the choreography that makes it fall flat for me. I think the program has a ton of potential, I just hope they can realize it.

The concept was interesting, a FD about flesh eating Zombies looks pretty cool on paper, but the actual execution of that concept was not!

AND the costumes OMG the costumes!!!!! :yikes: :wuzrobbed

casken
10-01-2012, 06:00 AM
I agree about Z&G's FD.

Good concept and some actual original choreography (gasp!), but they just don't deliver it convincingly.

I also think the music cuts don't help.

kamarinabitto
10-01-2012, 07:12 AM
Japan Open cannot keep waiting!!

DORISPULASKI
10-01-2012, 07:52 AM
It's interesting that 2 different teams on two different continents think not only I want to do a Zombie program, but I want to do a Zombie program to Rama Lama Bang Bang by Roisin Murphy/

la.louise
10-01-2012, 10:34 AM
I like Z&G new FD including the costumes, it's a bit Tim Burton-esque. They just need to skate it better.

ostile17
10-01-2012, 11:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1C_kinmd1g Here's Michal's SP. Spins look somewhat improved. However, it worries me that none of his jumps here are performed as planned (the LP wasn't much better). Not a fan of the costume or the stubble at all either :yikes:

I could hardly recognize him with the goatee!
Is this choreographed by Camerlengo?

lauravvv
10-01-2012, 12:12 PM
It's interesting that 2 different teams on two different continents think not only I want to do a Zombie program, but I want to do a Zombie program to Rama Lama Bang Bang by Roisin Murphy/Do you mean this year's FDs? I didn't know that another team had the same concept and music. Who are they?

By the way, Averbukh originally did a choreography to this music for Albena Denkova and her partner in his 2009 'Ice Age' show (something like 'Skating with Stars'), then Denkova and Staviski had it as a exhibition piece. This year he reused it in the 'Ice Age: Cup of Professionals' show for Elena Leonova and Maxim Shabalin. As for 'Tore My Heart' that is used in the first part of the dance, in another Averbukh's show 'Ice and Fire' (skating and dancing) Yagudin and his partner had a dance (somewhat Tim Burton's 'Corpse Bride' themed :D) choreographed to it for them. Actually there was a dance choreographed to this song in the american 'So You Think That You Can Dance' show first, but the dance in Averbukh's show was not a copy of it.

MarieM
10-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Oona's tore my heart ? Where ? Who ? When ?

Frau Muller
10-01-2012, 01:18 PM

Time for Nancy Kerrigan to revive those 'Halloween on Ice' shows! :lol:

lauravvv
10-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Oona's tore my heart ? Where ? Who ? When ?I don't know about the other team, but the ones that I was talking about here are the German ice dancers Nelli Zhiganshina and Alexander Gazsi -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC503ATWycw .

DORISPULASKI
10-01-2012, 05:54 PM
The Junior team, Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter, are doing a Zombie SD on the JGP circuit, to Ramalama bang bang for their SD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj1aXkNixkY

Here they are at JGP Istanbul (caution: the rink acoustics at Istanbul are crappy)

I don't think copying is going on, just that it's a funny coincidence.