PDA

View Full Version : 2012 2013 Season programs Thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

VarBar
09-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Mishin said: First we did with the Japanese choreographer Kenji Miyamoto to music Nino Rota "Romeo and Juliet." It was a good program, but it lacked what I call, a triumphant finale

Translation: It was too complex and we can't have anything get in the way of JUMPS JUMPS JUMPS. :P

That's a very clever strategy IMO because would Plushenko with an empty but clean program lose to skaters with complex choreography but who have falls, I would expect most people to be behind Mishin saying that Plushenko was robbed as transitions are far less noticeable to the eye than falls. And would Plushenko however win under such circumstances, it would only be a most fair result to them. Either way, Plushy would be the rightful winner.:P

Ziggy
09-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Also, Plushenko's multiple injuries and the fact that he's not training as much as your average skater does mean his stamina is lacking.

So you want to make the program as easy on him as possible.

shah
09-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Dai already skated to POTC a few years ago.

I meant Pirates of the Caribbean, not the Phantom :).

AFAIK, Dai's FS was choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne, and Morozov has nothing to do with Dai's music choice. It's Dai and Shae-Lynn who chose "Pagliacci" as his FS.

phew! still, for me Dai can choose a combo of Tosca, Turandot and Carmen and I'll be very enthusiastic :).

Mishin said: First we did with the Japanese choreographer Kenji Miyamoto to music Nino Rota "Romeo and Juliet." It was a good program, but it lacked what I call, a triumphant finale

Translation: It was too complex and we can't have anything get in the way of JUMPS JUMPS JUMPS. :P

so true :D

l'etoile
09-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Well, Mishin has his own ways of thinking of and perceiving a great figure skating, and I think it has worked rather well for Plushy;)

AJ Skatefan
09-18-2012, 11:46 PM
I meant Pirates of the Caribbean, not the Phantom :).

Oh yeah, huh?

shah
09-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Oh yeah, huh?

sorry, I read POTO, not POTC. these FSU acronyms!

Aussie Willy
09-19-2012, 10:59 PM
sorry, I read POTO, not POTC. these FSU acronyms!
When I first saw it I thought PTOC was Phantom with just a bit missing from the O. :D

leapfrogonice
09-19-2012, 11:33 PM
now THAT would be a program. Medley of POTO and POTC.

Separately I was impressed with Agnes Z's short program. Thought it suited her natural style.

jenny12
09-20-2012, 01:45 AM
Well, that was certainly different from their programs so far! What music is that? I'm not crazy about one of the lift exits, but I assume they'll tweak it (or change it) as the season progresses. :)

Also, Tatiana is such a :glamor: :swoon:

I think the program has potential, although I'm not a huge fan of the version of the Godfarther theme. I wish they were using the original version or if they wanted to do something different maybe the Slash version. However, I look forward to seeing how the program develops.

Slash's Godfather:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGjjNPbjGRw

Aussie Willy
09-20-2012, 02:14 AM
now THAT would be a program. Medley of POTO and POTC.

Noooooo :scream:

DimaToe
09-20-2012, 02:44 AM
Here is V&T's new SP. Nice one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-g-xWHESds&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I really like how Tatiana is selling it, a good theme for them, but out of all of the music out there why would they use this :yikes: version of the Godfather?

Sparks
09-20-2012, 04:09 AM
I like it.

stjeaskategym
09-20-2012, 04:53 AM
I like it as well. It's different for them, but it works.

dots
09-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Darn it! That Chock/Bates have the cutes short dance :swoon: so much joy and personality.

Love it! Love it! Love it!

operagirl
09-28-2012, 11:26 PM
New Tweet from Meryl Davis:

Who cares what they're wearing, On Main Street, Or Saville Row, It's what you wear from ear to ear And not from head to toe...

So their short dance is to "You're never fully dressed without a smile" from ANNIE? Starts at 2:20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU2ZaaDQOag