PDA

View Full Version : What type of Skater have you always dreamed of being?

Pages : [1] 2

FSWer
09-07-2012, 02:37 AM
Ok,I'm not sure if this should be here,or in "Moves in the Field".....But,what I'd like to ask you all today is...what type of Skater have you always dreamed of being? You need NOT be a Level Skater..(OR even have it Realistic in your life to become one) to answer this. For example...

Even though I will never become a famous Skater...I've always Dreamed of being an Ice-Dancer!!!

Anybody else?

Macassar88
09-07-2012, 05:55 AM
Any reason why there isn't an option for singles?

kwanatic
09-07-2012, 05:04 PM

^This.

lulu
09-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Personally, I probably be better at ice dance, only because I don't have the guts to be a pairs skater. :)

DaiKozOda
09-07-2012, 06:04 PM
I would love to be a pair skater! :)

Mafke
09-07-2012, 06:57 PM
My preference would be:

sharp figures skater, with precise tracings with good posture and speed

combined with

solo ice dancer (think Browning's Nyah or Gary Beacom's baggy pants number)

and

classic free skater with about five different triples (no quads, ugh) but difficult combinations

I don't think I would be into sharing the ice with others.....

Rob
09-07-2012, 07:56 PM
When I was a kid, Peggy Fleming...

FSWer
09-08-2012, 02:08 AM

LOL,because I'm asking (after Freestyle,what type of Skater have you always Dreamed of being or becoming).

aliceanne
09-08-2012, 04:12 AM
I'm happy being a recreational skater- skating is an escape for me. I wouldn't like it to become a pressure situation.

I've done all of the disciplines except pairs. I would like an opportunity to do a pairs program. I have done some pairs spins, and I once had a coach who was a former pair skater who used to very gently throw me into an axel to get me used to taking off at the correct point on the takeoff edge. The extra liftoff was exhilarating. I like doing those pair waltz jumps where you hold both hands. I did a mirror image program with another adult and enjoyed having someone to practice with. I am too big for overhead lifts though.

essence_of_soy
09-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Jill Trenary.

It was all about working the big hair.

brightphoton
09-08-2012, 08:40 AM

Obviously because no one would dream of being a singles skater. It's the most unpopular discipline :P

aliceanne
09-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Obviously because no one would dream of being a singles skater. It's the most unpopular discipline :P

Or maybe OP is interested in surveying people with different dreams.

kosjenka
09-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Marina Anissina:hat1:

flipforsynchro
09-08-2012, 09:40 PM
i would love to be an ice dancer, specifically allison reed. or on the haydenettes.

Shyjosie
09-09-2012, 03:13 PM
i would love to be an ice dancer, specifically allison reed. or on the haydenettes.
If I was young again, I'd now dream of being a really good synchro skater, too. There wa no synchro when I was young (let me say the first teams were about to develop), and I liked watching the pairs.

It was only a couple of years ago that I had the opportunity to experience how fascinating synchro skating is!