PDA

View Full Version : Genrich Sretenski Arrested!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

snowballs
09-07-2012, 05:33 PM
a figure skating couch... is that something like a Disney dancing teapot?

Ozzisk8tr
09-07-2012, 05:38 PM

Is that somebody's short dance this year? Please let it be the Greek team.

berthesghost
09-07-2012, 05:42 PM
a figure skating couch... is that something like a Disney dancing teapot?Considering the charges, I suspect a figure skating couch is something used in the kiss & cry. :eek:

Sylvia
09-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Tatiana Tarasova has given a Russian radio interview defending Sretenski's character: http://www.radiovesti.ru/articles/2012-09-06/fm/65324

skatemommy
09-07-2012, 06:06 PM

brought to you by Babblefish? (sorry)

DaiKozOda
09-07-2012, 06:09 PM
These sort of situations are always very delicate. Let's not point the finger against Sretensky or the alleged victim. That is the easiest thing to do. Let the judicial system do it's work and hope that truth will prevail.

Aceon6
09-07-2012, 06:12 PM

No, but it would be a great open for a Simpson's episode.

valyrian
09-07-2012, 06:25 PM
This thread makes me regret joining FSU.

I can't believe the willingness to defend a possible child molester. I can't believe there are people dragging out a plot point from a TV show to defend him. Accusing the victim of greed for filing a civil case? Really? The benefit of doubt should always go to the underaged victim. Always.

TAT'S comments are cringeworthy.

Kasey
09-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Really? I thought most people in this thread were advocating the "innocent until proven guilty" mindset, towards both the accused and the alleged victim. I thought most people were finding it cringeworthy that someone would publically "out" the alleged victim by gender, name, situation, and slander that person here. Perhaps I'm biased, but I think considering the insidious nature of what this thread could, and may still become, it's been mostly compassionate and even-minded, with one notable exception.

OliviaPug
09-07-2012, 06:35 PM
TAT'S comments are cringeworthy.

I agree. Lots of respectable and respected folks can commit horrible acts. TAT and Sretenski would be better served by TAT keeping her mouth shut. TAT only calls attention to the alleged incident, which can't be helping Sretenski. If TAT is wrong, it shows her lack of judgment (already does, IMO, by speaking out). If TAT is right, what good comes of it? "See, I told you so?"

O-

berthesghost
09-07-2012, 06:40 PM
What did TAT say?

skatesindreams
09-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Really? I thought most people in this thread were advocating the "innocent until proven guilty" mindset, towards both the accused and the alleged victim. I thought most people were finding it cringeworthy that someone would publically "out" the alleged victim by gender, name, situation, and slander that person here. Perhaps I'm biased, but I think considering the insidious nature of what this thread could, and may still become, it's been mostly compassionate and even-minded, with one notable exception.

This!

Moka-Ananas
09-07-2012, 06:47 PM
What did TAT say?

Well she praises Sretenski as a hard-working, nice and decent person and criticizes the American approach to coaching "without touching the student" and that it's impossible without it.

This comment reminds me of a documentary I saw about an American girl who made it to the Bolshoi Ballet Academy in Moscow and she said that it was an entirely new experience for her that the teachers there actually do touch the students to show them how to do this or that movement correctly and that something like this would be impossible in America.

Since we don't know what exactly happened last year in Lake Placid I don't know whether TAT (who probably knows a bit more...who knows) is even considering "serious" sexual assault.

berthesghost
09-07-2012, 06:48 PM
If TAT is right, what good comes of it? "See, I told you so?" He's not the only one being sued. The rink and the club are both part of the civil suit, I assume because both accused coach and alleged victim were allowed to train together after the report of abuse was filed with the police. This could take them all down. We will see once the info becomes public, but it is a very curious situation imo when a skater files a police report and the club not only keeps the accused on and active, but seems to rally behind him. Skating imo, remains like 30 years behind the times always.

zaphyre14
09-07-2012, 07:07 PM
But working under the "innocent until proven guilty" precident, why should Stretenski be forced to give up his emplyment solely based on an accusation - before any charges were filed?

Sexual assault is one of those crimes where the public assumes that the accused MUST be guilty simply because someone made an accusation.