PDA

View Full Version : Genrich Sretenski Arrested!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

triple_toe
09-06-2012, 12:04 AM
No I totally agree that Iceymom shouldn't have started slinging mud at the victim. I'm just saying I understand if she's lashing out because she's angry about the accusations and/or knows the victim. That said, she's not doing herself or Sretenski any favours by it. I hope she comes back to the thread because she's clearly got an insider's perspective, but I hope she does so in a less antagonistic manner.

Vagabond
09-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Iceymom's kid probably works or has worked with Sretenski in the past.

Or maybe she's Sretenski's wife. Or some anonymous crackpot posting on the Internet. :shuffle:

TAHbKA
09-06-2012, 12:35 AM
wrong thread

skfan
09-06-2012, 01:35 AM
No I totally agree that Iceymom shouldn't have started slinging mud at the victim. I'm just saying I understand if she's lashing out because she's angry about the accusations and/or knows the victim. That said, she's not doing herself or Sretenski any favours by it. I hope she comes back to the thread because she's clearly got an insider's perspective, but I hope she does so in a less antagonistic manner.

insider perspective on how sretenski treats her and her kid, maybe. how does she know how he treats everyone else? is she with sretenski 24/7?

of course it's upsetting to hear that someone you trust has been accused of something vile. but to conclude that you know enough to declare sretenski wrongly accused... to insinuate that the accuser will get what's coming to 'her'... when at this moment the identity/gender of the accuser hasn't even been revealed?

Prancer
09-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Or maybe she's Sretenski's wife. Or some anonymous crackpot posting on the Internet. :shuffle:

Or someone who absolutely should not be posting about this on an internet discussion board.

Frau Muller
09-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Just saw updated report on the local NBC4 tv station (approx 5:45AM, EST):

Sretenski's extradition hearing was delayed til today.

NBC4 obtained a complete copy of the Civil Lawsuit document in Prince George's County: The alleged incident happened in Sretenski's hotel room in Lake Placid in August 2011. Prior to the incident, Sretenski sent the victim over 500 text messages professing his passion and asking for meeting.

Victim's attorney, Mr. Zambri, was briefly interviewed on-camera, repeating that he has all of the text messages and other evidence to prove the charges.

Frau Muller
09-06-2012, 11:43 AM
An additional report on NBC4 at 6:35AM, with a bit more info:

Salvatore Zambri, the victim's attorney, states that his client, the alleged victim, is a 16-yr-old female student of Sretenski at the Gardens ice arena in Laurel, MD. She was kissed and "fondled in the chest" after the defendant led her to his hotel room in Lake Placid...NBC4's camera scanned a page of text from the Civil Lawsuit document, including those words. [The page of text shown on camera also showed the beginning of a paragraph "...the kissing continued after Lake Placid, in Laurel..." but the reporter did not speak those words, as with the above.]

The rest of the brief report was the same as shown earlier (my previous post).

p.s. - My own thoughts: Not to say that it is not awful...but if kissing and fondling of the chest is what happened, I don't know how yesterday's information from Sretenski's attorney -- that the coach has been charged with sexual assault in the 1st and 3rd degrees + 'forcible touching' -- jibes with this. I thought that 1st degree was rape/penetration. (???) Maybe the victim is withdrawing some of the original allegations? Hard to tell.

skatemommy
09-06-2012, 12:30 PM
why, why why do professionals and otherwise carry on with texting? It is recorded FOREVER. See former Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Not laying blame or guilt...just that texts can be damning whether they are innocent or not. Heck, not using the right emoticon on FSU can generate a 5 page debate.

Asli
09-06-2012, 12:37 PM
why, why why do professionals and otherwise carry on with texting? It is recorded FOREVER. See former Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Not laying blame or guilt...just that texts can be damning whether they are innocent or not. Heck, not using the right emoticon on FSU can generate a 5 page debate.

Surely we should be glad that thanks to text messages there is often more evidence rather than less? The interpretation of evidence is another issue, but how can it be better to have less evidence to interpret?

As for text messages being innocent, if there are indeed 500 of them, even if a few are ambiguous, hopefully the whole 500 together will give a correct picture.

GarrAarghHrumph
09-06-2012, 03:03 PM
p.s. - My own thoughts: Not to say that it is not awful...but if kissing and fondling of the chest is what happened, I don't know how yesterday's information from Sretenski's attorney -- that the coach has been charged with sexual assault in the 1st and 3rd degrees + 'forcible touching' -- jibes with this. I thought that 1st degree was rape/penetration. (???) Maybe the victim is withdrawing some of the original allegations? Hard to tell.

No, you've misinterpreted the NY legal system re: what's first degree and etc.

In NY State as I understand it, sexual abuse in the first degree is sexual contact (includes above the clothing) by force or threat of force, or when the individual is incapable of consenting due to mental deficiency, or when the individual is below age 17.

In the third degree, it is sexual contact (including above the clothing) when one person is over age 21 and the other is less than 17 years old.

Those are felonies.

Forcible touching is when someone touches the body of someone else with the intention of, basically, either degrading that person or getting his own rocks off. (Obviously, that's not legal speak.)

That's a misdemeanor.

So it seems the state is going after him based on the fact that he touched without consent, and because she is underage. But certainly, others who are more in the know on the NY State legal system should chime in and correct me if I got anything wrong.

And again; these are charges, not convictions.

Frau Muller
09-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Thanks, GAH. So it jibes with what this morning's TV report and the court document state. It's still terrible, no matter what - above clothing, below clothing, etc.

berthesghost
09-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Sometimes victims aren't really victims either. True, although I do believe that false accusations do more harm to true victims than they do to the falsely accused. Iceymom's posts are typical. She immediately goes on the offense, not just defending the coach but trashing the student. Totally uncalled for.

Once my sil confided in my sister that she thought my brother was cheating. Both my sisters and my mom got on the blower and felt the need to tell everyone they knew that my poor poor brother couldn't even go on a buisness trip without his crazy bitch of a wife trashing his good name. In this case, he was indeed off bumping uglies with a floozie, that was his "business", but that's beside the point. Even if he was innocent, there was no need for my brother's "protectors" to use this incident as one more excuse to trash talk a woman they disliked.

How are true victims suppose to feel comfortable going public if people continue to vilify any accuser even before they know if the accusations are true or not?

overedge
09-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks, GAH. So it jibes with what this morning's TV report and the court document state. It's still terrible, no matter what - above clothing, below clothing, etc.

It might be "terrible, no matter what", but at this point it is all ALLEGED because none of the charges have been proven in court and no one has been convicted of anything. So please, anyone who is relaying reports from other sources, make this clear when you are posting.

Frau Muller
09-06-2012, 08:17 PM
I and many others contributing to this thread are 'on record' having written the word 'alleged' a gazillion times. I don't think that we need to over-allege in every single sentence, overedge. Point taken, nonetheless. :)

skatesindreams
09-06-2012, 08:51 PM
In the US, someone is presumed innocent, until proven guilty.
We should remember that, before we assume that the allegations are true.