PDA

View Full Version : Genrich Sretenski Arrested!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

BlueRidge
09-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Facts are fact, no matter how hard you try to under play them. His current and past students have not raised allegations. Usually in these cases one accuser if followed by more-not the case here. The accuser is known to many.
And yes, the truth will come out.

As far as most of us are concerned, there are no available facts at all. We're not insiders and there's nothing for us to even have an opinion about.

Except your posts. And you aren't making people sympathetic to your point of view.

In fairness to all involved, there's really nothing to be said at this time about this. There simply isn't any public information.

MacMadame
09-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Facts are fact,

Actually, what you are posting is hearsay.

Vash01
09-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Innocent until proven guilty- that's how I treat this right now.

I loved Annenko & Sretenski. I hope he did not do anything wrong, but if he did, let the courts determine that.

Iceymom
09-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Actually, what you are posting is hearsay.

NOT HEARSAY, FACT! Personal knowledge.

milanessa
09-05-2012, 06:54 PM

Until you identify yourself and say how you know this then this is hearsay. :blah: Most posters here have a history, you don't. No reason to believe you without proof.

kittyjake5
09-05-2012, 06:58 PM
As far as most of us are concerned, there are no available facts at all. We're not insiders and there's nothing for us to even have an opinion about.

Except your posts. And you aren't making people sympathetic to your point of view.

In fairness to all involved, there's really nothing to be said at this time about this. There simply isn't any public information.

Innocent until proven guilty- that's how I treat this right now.

I loved Annenko & Sretenski. I hope he did not do anything wrong, but if he did, let the courts determine that.

This.

Iceymom
09-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Insight based upon those who have knowledge not known to many, and are not outsiders like many of you on this sight are not appreciated, so no more insight into the reality shall be provided.
Thousands of worthless statements based upon opinion and speculation are valued over those who actually know what is going on. Sad but true.

I was sadly mistaken that the skating community would want to know positive insight into a very sad situation.

Frau Muller
09-05-2012, 07:07 PM
.... The accuser ... she does not realize what she has done to herself.

Who ever said that the accuser is a female? None of the in-print articles say so. If true, its a horrible crime that can be committed against a person of either sex. For now: innocent until proven guilty.

berthesghost
09-05-2012, 07:15 PM
NOT HEARSAY, FACT! Personal knowledge.My problem is not with your "facts" but with the conclusions you draw from them. You seem to be saying that he is proven innocent because he only has one accuser. Nonsense! You also seem to be saying that his accuser is a proven liar because she has personal issues know to many. Again, nonsense IMHO. If you honestly believe that preditors don't pick on the vulnerable, then I
don't know what to say, but even if what you are saying is fact (there's only one accuser and she has personal problems), none of that proves anything other than there is currently only one accuser and the accuser has issues. Absolutely nothing you are saying proves guilt or innocense of either party. You're just spreading nasty gossip, like a typical "skating mom".

Hedwig
09-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Don't feed the troll, people.

ioana
09-05-2012, 07:20 PM
I was sadly mistaken that the skating community would want to know positive insight into a very sad situation.

Maybe if you phrased this as 'allow me to assure you of the following as *XY credential* (i.e., other coach at the rink, skating mom who worked with the coaches, etc)', we'd have been more receptive. Your first post started questioning "The Accuser" and her issues, without providing any real insight into the situation --besides your own bias. Posters responded accordingly.

Skepticism shouldn't come as a shock, especially given how new you are to the board, or how you chose to broach the subject

hanca
09-05-2012, 07:22 PM

Fine, have you been with him 24/7 for the last few years? The fact is that you have no chance of being 100% certain that he didn't do it, unless you have spent every minute in his company. All you are saying is your opinion, but that doesn't make it fact.

We are not saying that he IS guilty, I do agree with 'innocent until proven guilty'; we are saying that we don't know at this moment and whatever you are saying is not going to influence me either way. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't.

michiruwater
09-05-2012, 07:28 PM
No, it is hearsay because we have no facts. It may be a fact to you, but to everyone on this forum it is hearsay.

If the 'facts' are going to prove him to be innocent, then you should back off and let the facts speak for themselves, because quite frankly all you are doing is making him look like a guilty weasel by the way you are posting.

cholla
09-05-2012, 07:39 PM

Have you talked to the police ? Because if there is actually a fact, that's where it has to be reported.

MacMadame
09-05-2012, 07:46 PM

Anything you report that other people said and did is hearsay if you didn't witness them saying/doing it. By definition.

Since you couldn't possibly have talked to every single one of Sretenski's past and current students, then saying that none of them have done this and all of them believe that is, by definition, hearsay.