PDA

View Full Version : Best silver medal performance by a pair in the Olympics?

Pages : [1] 2

blue_idealist
09-04-2012, 02:25 AM
You know what to do.. vote in the poll. :)

orbitz
09-04-2012, 02:39 AM
M&D should win this poll by a landslide :).

blue_idealist
09-04-2012, 02:45 AM
M&D should win this poll by a landslide :).

Yeah, especially since they should have won gold. :P

Vash01
09-04-2012, 06:25 AM
I had thought of creating this poll when I created those for ladies and men, but I did not because no other silver medal pair could hold a candle to M&D's 1994 performance. They were the only pair from this list that skated well enough to win the gold.

DickButtonFan
09-04-2012, 07:14 AM
I liked B & S, so elegant.

briancoogaert
09-04-2012, 07:41 AM
M&D, of course.
But I don't think they were robbed ! lol

judgejudy27
09-04-2012, 03:42 PM
I had thought of creating this poll when I created those for ladies and men, but I did not because no other silver medal pair could hold a candle to M&D's 1994 performance. They were the only pair from this list that skated well enough to win the gold.

While they dont come close to M&D of 94 in caliber, Pang & Tong in 2010 argaubly skated well enough to win the gold that night too. They did win the LP phase.

lulu
09-04-2012, 09:28 PM
I voted for M&D, (I know, I know, what a shock, get the smelling salts out ;). But I would go as far to say it was the best silver medal Olympic performance in any discipline.

blue_idealist
09-05-2012, 12:24 AM
While they dont come close to M&D of 94 in caliber, Pang & Tong in 2010 argaubly skated well enough to win the gold that night too. They did win the LP phase.

Yesss.

Minou
09-11-2012, 07:57 PM
I voted for MD, my all time preferred skaters. I really also loved Bechke and Petrov's Nutcracker, but one can't vote twice.

lulu
09-11-2012, 08:30 PM
I voted for MD, my all time preferred skaters. I really also loved Bechke and Petrov's Nutcracker, but one can't vote twice.

They had such beautiful lifts. :) And I lurve the sommersault they do towards the end of their routine.

I always felt that they were Moskvina's "forgotten" pair, not that she forgot about them, just that when people are discussing Moskvina's pair teams, they sometimes seem to be left out.

nguyhm
02-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Yeah, especially since they should have won gold. :P
I agree! My consolation: their program was perfect, no mistake so as far as I'm concerned, they came out on top . G&G was not perfect, Sergei made two mistakes - minor but they're still mistakes.

nguyhm
02-05-2014, 06:22 PM
I liked B & S, so elegant.
I love B&S dearly but in all fairness their programs in 98 had major mistakes. I'm glad they got the silver but I don't consider theirs being the best. They are still a great pair, just not quite ready at that time.

briancoogaert
02-05-2014, 06:24 PM
I agree! My consolation: their program was perfect, no mistake so as far as I'm concerned, they came out on top . G&G was not perfect, Sergei made two mistakes - minor but they're still mistakes.
If you count small mistakes by Sergei, you have to count small mistakes by Natalia and Artur. ;)
Her 2Axel was slightly 2-footed (or at least, the high free leg made it questionable !) and Artur had a trouble on a twizzle in the last footwork sequence (here (http://youtu.be/gNDqZuQVcQg) exactly at 4:11)

irinayunafanatc
02-08-2014, 10:50 PM

While I dont think they were better than M&D in 1994, Pang & Tong in 2010 skated well enough to win the gold and probably should have. Bechke & Petrov in 1992 skated well enough to win the gold in many other Olympics, even if not that night.