PDA

View Full Version : The GP skaters you are excited about.

Pages : [1] 2 3

krenseby
09-03-2012, 03:34 AM
As we are anticipating the Grand Prix season, are there skaters you are particularly looking forward to seeing based on their choreography and performance ability? Perhaps you've noticed that the skaters in question have significantly improved their connection to the music or previewed a great program they concocted in collaboration with their choreographer. Either way, tell us why you think your chosen skaters' performance will be beautiful and memorable despite the various kinks they might have to work out in competition. (Note: all disciplines qualify - ladies, men, pairs, dance.)

mossop
09-03-2012, 03:59 AM
My FAVOURITE/S! All the others do not matter - they are either held up by judges if they score high or they don't bring tears to my eyes ...:P

flipforsynchro
09-03-2012, 04:28 AM
I want to see Ricky do well especially after last season. I'm mostly looking for whether or not Michal actually fixed his technique and stamina issues. I hope Patrick gets some emotion after working with Jeffrey Buttle. And I'm curious to see how the new Senior ladies do.

skateboy
09-03-2012, 04:55 AM
Oda, because he's my favorite current skater. Also because I want to see him fulfill his potential and am pulling for him to do so.

judiz
09-03-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm excited to see how Johnny and Evan do after two years off competitive ice.

Frau Muller
09-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Johnny (!!!!!) and Ashley.

Curious how Lipnitskaya will do in her first Sr GP season. She has the best chance of giving the 'veteran seniors' a run for their money, IMO.

blue_idealist
09-04-2012, 02:31 AM
Ashley Wagner, hoping that she will live up to the hype of last season!

Also the new teams, like Yankowskas/Reagan, Ladwig/Davis, and Gilles/Poirier.

caseyedwards
09-04-2012, 04:18 AM
The ones with Julia Lipnitskaya.

briancoogaert
09-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Polina Korobeynikova !!!!
Jeremy Abbott, Paul Poirier, Johnny Weir...
In fact, I'm really happy to go to TEB !

Vash01
09-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Liza, Adelina, Julia, V&T

Marta24
09-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Pechalat/Bourzat,Weaver/Poje,Alessandrini/Vaturi

os168
09-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Mirai... looking forward to her redeeming skate! I still believe in her, the SP looks good. Not sure about her FS music though.

Will Lipnitskaya go head to head against Liza? These 2 are my fav Russian Ladies. Hanyu vs Weir vs Evan wheee....

Curious to see if Ashley can keep up with last year's fantastic FS, or will she be the Mirai last year who seems wanting to mold themselves into a Kwan.

Hopefully the on going artistry improvements in Patrick's skating. And always look forward to see what Jeremy can come up with something new and challenging.

kwanatic
09-04-2012, 01:42 PM
For the US, I'm excited to see Ashley. I'm really hoping she continues to ride the wave of awesome she created last year.

I'm also happy for Caroline and hope to see her do well. She's got two GP assignments again and I'm so proud of her...I also hope to see that 3L-3L again!

Interested to see what Mirai is going to do this year. New coach, new training site, new choreographer...new Mirai? And the famed Miss Gracie Gold is competing this year...will the hype match the debut is the question. She'll have to chase down Liza T's two gold medals...that's been the most impressive junior to senior debut so far.

I'm excited to see Mao, Akiko and Kanako for Japan...

Glad to see Carolina's coming back...

I'm excited to see Adelina and Liza T. Adelina's skating makes me swoon and I'm really happy to see Liza T branching out in terms of music and choreography. I'm also wondering how Julia is going to fair against the older girls as well. Her jumps were rock solid last year but her programs, choreography, etc. left a lot to be desired.

I'm really excited for Zijun Li of China to debut as well. She's been one of my favorite juniors for the past two seasons and I'm hoping she has a strong debut here. It's about time China had a top lady.

Sylvia
09-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Glad to see Carolina's coming back...
Kostner has withdrawn from the GP series.

Will Lipnitskaya go head to head against Liza?
They're scheduled to meet at TEB.

Updated Grand Prix rosters as of Sept. 4, 2012: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3675078#post3675078

merrywidow
09-04-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing if Evan & Johnny can compete well against the current elite skaters. Also, hoping that Ricky Dornbush & Ross Miner do well on the GP. Girls: Ashley & Caroline & Gracie.