PDA

View Full Version : I'm not crazy but has this ever happened to anyone.

Pages : [1] 2

judiz
09-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Trust me, I am not crazy but something happened to me last night and I have to know if anyone else ever went through this. I was lying in bed, about to fall asleep when I felt a heaviness on the bed as if someone sat down on the bed next to me. Then my entire body got a icy sensation going through it. It happened so fast by the time I opened my eyes, it was gone. I awoke this morning remembering the event and feeling like it was my dad, who died in 2009 had visited me. I asked my husband if either he or the dog had sat on the bed next to me after I went to sleep and he said no so there is not logical explanation.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm not frightened by what happened, I feel spooked but not scared.

l'etoile
09-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Never happened to me. Was there a special occasion around this time of year? Or it's just that you've been missing him more than usual lately.

For me, sometimes when I'm down depressed or just feeling insecure, I have one of those dreams of my mother who passed away in 2007. Then I feel better, ensuring that she's still with me.

mkats
09-03-2012, 02:15 AM
My mom's dad died in 2011 and in that country there is some sort of cultural belief that you can't touch the face of a deceased person, or they won't be able to find their way to the next world. Despite her relatives warning her, my mom still touched her face to her dad's when he was lying in the coffin, and after that was unable to sleep for several nights feeling guilty for what she had done.

She says that several nights later she was sort of drifting off to sleep when she felt someone hug her strongly from behind, and in that moment she knew that he had come to say goodbye to her for the last time, that he could no longer wait for her and that he was moving on.

Ice Queen
09-03-2012, 02:28 AM
I lost my Dad, who was my best friend in 2004. He had been sick folr a long time, and I was there when he passed. He was having a massive heart attack, at first I screamed for him to not leave me. He told me to go for help, I did and there was no medical personnel any where. I came back and realized, I needed to let him go. He had stage 4 cancer and many other serious illnesses. So, I told him it was ok that he needed to go be with the angels.

I was a wreck, drove home and felt I was living a nightmare. I laid down to sleep, and couldn't stop crying. I slept with the bedroom door closed. At one point during the night, I could feel the breeze from the door opening. I could sense someone gently walking over to my bed. I then felt someone laying next to me and hugging me. A sense of peace came over me, like nothing I ever felt before. I slept very soundly, and know it was my Dad as he always comforted me when I was ill or depressed.

l'etoile
09-03-2012, 02:42 AM
I lost my Dad, who was my best friend in 2004. He had been sick folr a long time, and I was there when he passed. He was having a massive heart attack, at first I screamed for him to not leave me. He told me to go for help, I did and there was no medical personnel any where. I came back and realized, I needed to let him go. He had stage 4 cancer and many other serious illnesses. So, I told him it was ok that he needed to go be with the angels.

I was a wreck, drove home and felt I was living a nightmare. I laid down to sleep, and couldn't stop crying. I slept with the bedroom door closed. At one point during the night, I could feel the breeze from the door opening. I could sense someone gently walking over to my bed. I then felt someone laying next to me and hugging me. A sense of peace came over me, like nothing I ever felt before. I slept very soundly, and know it was my Dad as he always comforted me when I was ill or depressed.

I shed tears reading your story. My mom had been sick for a long time, too.
May all the people who died rest in peace in Heaven.

Nomad
09-03-2012, 02:52 AM
I've had similar experiences - the first one two/three years before my husband died, and the second, about two years after. I didn't feel cold either time, but I had no doubt either time that there was another presence in the room.

Alex Forrest
09-03-2012, 03:42 AM
Funny you would bring this up. Two months ago I had a dream. Or, well I woke up around 3am with the distinct feeling that someone was in my bedroom. I pretty much always close and lock my bedroom door at night. Well the door was open and I could see the lights of my backyard through the doorway. Someone WAS there. Since I sleep in the nude I just yelled out "Go get something from the fridge or the bar, I'll be right out". I got dressed and went out front and it was dark and empty. No one was there. I went outside and smoked a cig just to make sure I was awake. I thought "That was weird, I KNOW someone was in my room."

Went back to bed, and an hour and a half later my phone rings around 5am. There is NO call that is good at 5am and with my dream/awakening I knew it was bad news. I thought it was my parents or my sister who died. Fortunately it was not, it was my good friend who I had just visited earlier that day at the hospital who was getting over pneumonia (AIDS). I am so glad I went to the hospital earlier that day with two friends, because I was fighting going since 30 friends died in that hospital and I just wasn't up to the anxiety attack. But I did it. I even climbed into his bed and watched tv with him while my friends wouldn't even touch him.

His heart stopped at 3:11, which was probably the time I awoke. It's weird, I don't believe in this kind of thing, but it did happen and I experienced it. I keep telling myself that I could tell with all my experience that he was going to die and it's not strange, it's just that I can tell when someone is about to die. I don't know, but it bothered me for a great while.

FigureSpins
09-03-2012, 03:55 AM
The first time was years ago: I woke at midnight, after maybe an hour's sleep, and had this overwhelming urge to call my BFF, who was away at college. I knew she was a night-owl, so I called the dorm room with no answer. I couldn't understand why I felt so anxious. The next day, her mom called me to say that N. had been in a car accident and was in traction at the hospital. She recovered, although she still has back problems, but it was really eerie. We joke about it now, especially since it got her an "A" on a psych paper in undergrad.

Ten years ago, I had the most beautiful, but sad, dream one night after my DH's aunt passed away unexpectedly after a short stint on life support/coma. She was a crazy, wonderful person who I really loved as if she were my aunt; I always felt like I was truly her niece. The dream was incredibly realistic - she just stopped by my house to visit and have a cup of tea. I could smell the tea and lemon, hear the kettle boil and taste the cookies she brought. I woke up crying because I felt so at peace, as if it had been a goodbye visit.

When I wake up now in the middle of the night, I have tea in a cup/saucer that she gave me before she moved to Florida and say a prayer for Auntie J.

I wonder why these things happen to me at night? These are just two, but I regularly awaken and feel that something's off, then get the news the next day.

DAngel
09-03-2012, 06:50 AM
Could these experiences (sensing presence while going to sleep/waking up and feeling a sensation of being hugged) be a form of sleep paralysis? :shuffle:

Simone411
09-03-2012, 03:24 PM
It could possibly be sleep paralysis. However, I had a near-death experience when I was 52 years old. I was induced into a coma due to the fact I had multiple surgeries. My doctors told my family I wasn't going to make it. When I came out of the coma, I felt peace and the presence of my mother.

I was told later that my dad couldn't stop thinking about me being the same age as my mom when she died. According to doctors, I'm really not supposed to be here. It's possible that I could have been hallucinating when I felt the presence of my mom because I did hallucinate after I came out of the coma. It is common to have hallucinations after coming out of a coma under certain circumstances.

However, the fact still remains that I would have been the same age as my mom when she passed away if I would have passed away. I'm sure these experiences happen all the time, but it may be uncertain just exactly what they are.

Bailey_
09-03-2012, 05:03 PM
I've never had the sensation that someone has been with me, but I've had other things that I believe are signs from loved ones who have passed.

My mom passed away nine months ago after a short and very horrible battle with cancer. The day that she was to have her bone scan, I woke at 3AM crying because I had dreamed that the news was bad and she was/had died. I learned the next morning that my Grandfather had passed away at 3AM that night, in his sleep of a heart attack -- the same time that I had woke from my dream.

The day after my mom passed, I was leaving my parking lot to go to my dad's house. It had snowed that night and someone had walked in the snow to write the word "Welcome" in the snow on a little hill directly across from the exit of my parking lot. I have never seen anyone write anything before, or since.

Last month, I had a problem with gallstones and made a trip to the hospital. It was really hard for me -- I was there thinking of all the days I had spent in hospital with my mom and all that she must have been feeling. I was scared and wanted her there so badly. I could hear someone humming and the words to song came into my head. I didn't know what song, but I had the chorus. "If you needed me, I would come to you. I would come to you, for to heal your pain." I came home and searched online and on Itunes. Turns out, the song is a song from Stepmom -- Julia Roberts sings it to the son when he is hurt. But, the movie is one that touches my heart because it is about a mother who is dying of cancer and how she and the children cope with her impending death. I'm not sure why that song came into my mind, but I'd like to think that my mom was there.

I have not dreamed of my mom since she passed -- I have wished to see her in my dreams and wondered why I have not dreamed of her. Last week, I had two dreams. The first -- I was with my mom's dearest cousin who has been a tremendous support for me since my mom has passed. Strangely, we were together looking for a retirement home for her (which she does not need), but we found this beautiful place with beautiful walking paths on which water flowed in a gentle waterfall (it was very peaceful and very beautiful). As I said goodbye to my mom's cousin, she turned and it was my mom who said simply "Bye Sweetie, Love you." The next night, in my dream I was out with my family when we got a call from the palliative care program that my mom, who had been non-responsive, had woken. I heard her voice on the phone and when I asked how she was feeling, she said "Good." I was so relieved and very happy to hear her voice and hear that she was "good." I woke with a very calm feeling.

Perhaps it's crazy, there have been so many times that I have wanted to feel her presence and worried that I do not. But, I like to believe that these little things that happen are signs that the people we love are still with us.

Susan1
09-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Not as dramatic or as special as everyone else's stories, but I did wake up at exactly the same time my aunt died (2:05 a.m.). I was dreaming that my aunt and mom and I were in the car and my mom fell out (weird, I know). I screamed and woke up. My aunt had cancer and was under hospice care at home and I had been there all that Sunday afternoon (and most weekends and evenings for 6 months) with all the relatives. At work the next day, my phone rang about 8:30 (this was 1993 - before we had any kind of readouts on phones). I said out loud "that will be someone calling to tell me my aunt died last night". And it was. Strange way to say goodbye, but I'm sure that's why I woke up at that exact time.

genegri
09-03-2012, 08:16 PM
I don't think what you experienced was very strange and I am sure there is a logical explanation for it. Natural or super natural.

I lost my mother two and half years ago. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. I have dreamed of her numerous times. Sometimes I realized it's a dream but couldn't quite wake up. Sometimes I didn't and it was just like the old times when she was all healthy. Sometimes in my confused state I vaguely remembered her illness but thought she got better and I was overjoyed until I woke up. I am sure all of these will continue for many years.

I am not a particularly spiritual person but I hope with my heart one of these religions is correct and I will get to meet my mother again. Somehow, somewhere, someday. In heave or in hell.

Bostonfan
09-03-2012, 10:12 PM
I have on rare occasions smelled my grandfather's pipe tobacco (in places where there's no way the smell could be occurring naturally or by someone else in the vicinity) over 30 years after this death. It always makes me smile.

OliviaPug
09-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Yes! Except, in my case, I had a recurring dream and it felt like someone was sitting on my stomach. It was not so heavy that I felt crushed by the weight, but I remember how much I struggled to "wake myself up" ... assuming I was asleep. This happened when I was 15. Never happened again, and I can't relate the experience to anything or anyone in particular. Perhaps just a bizarre dream.

O-