PDA

View Full Version : Four Houses Canada

Scratchspin
08-31-2012, 02:42 AM
Chantal, Gillian, Kalman, Hilary, http://www.hgtv.ca/fourhousescanada/episode/?epId=281573,

"In this episode, will family man Kalmanís Hungarian home have his peers hungering for more or will fantastique figure skater Chantalís home be a star on ice? Has single mom and florist Hilary flipped her way into a trendy Victorian thatís sure to please? Or will office manager Gillianís secret goth-inspired abode put the Addams Familyís to shame? Watch to see which of these unique homes wins the ďBest HouseĒ crown."

With great respect, does anyone know which Chantal this is?

manhn
08-31-2012, 03:11 AM
Thank goodness for my PVR. I had HGTV as my last channel, so I was able to rewind back to this show. Unfortunately, it was not Chantal Lefebvre.

They did not give anyone's last names. She referred herself as a competitive figure skater. She does not look familiar at all.

I hate these types of shows, so I won't continue to watch. It's like that lame party hosting game show.

Scratchspin
08-31-2012, 03:34 AM
Thanks for checking it out, anyway, manhn.

This show looks like a dud to me, too.

And, again, with respect to this, 'fantastique figure skater Chantal’, if it was Chantal Lefebvre, I would have stayed glued. Sigh, I always wished she would have switched partners one more time.

And, it wasn't Chantal Kerry, either. So that's about the limit to my Chantals.

overedge
08-31-2012, 05:51 AM
Is it this Chantal?

http://www.theweddingco.com/tag/malaparte/

The other Chantal I thought of was Chantal Poirier who used to skate with Craig Buntin.

Scratchspin
09-01-2012, 01:31 AM
Do you mean that's the Chantal Porrier I saw in Winnipeg in 2001 and in Saskatoon later that year?

overedge
09-01-2012, 02:58 AM
Yes! To my eyes that would be 'thee' Chantal.

Do you mean that's the Chantal Porrier I saw in Calgary in 2001 and in Saskatoon later that year?

I Googled "Chantal Canadian figure skater wedding" and came up with the first website. I don't know if that is Chantal Poirier in those photos - you listed a few skating Chantals that you know of, and I thought of her because you hadn't mentioned her.

Scratchspin
09-01-2012, 03:41 AM
Thanks, overedge, you got me on the track of Chantal Poirier. So I Googled Chantal Poirier-Saykaly and found this with a picture.

http://drivewisesafety.blogspot.ca/2010/12/presidents-award-of-excellence-2010.html

By the picture, it looks to me like she just might be Four Houses Canada's Chantal.

What do you think, overedge?

Maybe manhn could check it out on the PVR :D

manhn
09-01-2012, 03:49 AM
Ugh, the next episode of this stupid show is this Sunday. I set up my beloved PVR to record it. Ugh, this Chantal person didn't just make it up? And she still refers herself as a figure skater when she last competed over 10 years ago?

Why do I suck? Yes, I watched and recorded and archived every episode of season two of So You Think You Can Dance Canada (ugh, soooo boring) just because of Eman. I'll archive this episode too. If I don't, I just know she'll be a coach to some Olympic Champion and become the Canadian version of Tarasova. And I'll regret not having this episode. Thanks a lot, overedge!

overedge
09-01-2012, 06:04 AM
Thanks, overedge, you got me on the track of Chantal Poirier. So I Googled Chantal Poirier-Saykaly and found this with a picture.

http://drivewisesafety.blogspot.ca/2010/12/presidents-award-of-excellence-2010.html

By the picture, it looks to me like she just might be Four Houses Canada's Chantal.

What do you think, overedge?

They do look kind of similar, but it's hard to tell with the different hair colour and the face veil.

The story on the wedding website says that this Chantal is the mother of twins. Was there any mention of children in the Four Houses show?

Scratchspin
09-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Sorry, overedge. I didn't make it through the show. And the Chantal receiving the award in my link looks to me more like the Chantal I saw in the show. But maybe that's because she looks to me more like the Chantal who skated pairs. Ha, ha, I guess she should! BTW congratulations, Chantal, on receiving the award.

I had another look at the Chantal wedding photos and was trying to guage by her height, but, again, hard to tell . . ..

Ugh, the next episode of this stupid show is this Sunday. I set up my beloved PVR to record it. Ugh, this Chantal person didn't just make it up? And she still refers herself as a figure skater when she last competed over 10 years ago?

Why do I suck? Yes, I watched and recorded and archived every episode of season two of So You Think You Can Dance Canada (ugh, soooo boring) just because of Eman. I'll archive this episode too. If I don't, I just know she'll be a coach to some Olympic Champion and become the Canadian version of Tarasova. And I'll regret not having this episode. Thanks a lot, overedge!

Thanks, manhn, maybe if all three of us sucumb to the tourture we might find an answer.

I believe the show alluded to her being a professional figure skater and something about stars on ice, or something like that. Funny that the only season of SYTYCDCanada we watched, too, was the Eman. And they needed to keep up with the crossover to keep us as fans after that.

It would be awesome if any Canadian ended up being a Tarasova, or like any of those Russian coaches. Do you think the day could come?

Listen, manhn, overedge, thanks for indulging me. The reason I'm interested in this Chantal is because I've never checked-out on a performance by any Candaian figure skater before. But this show . . .. If the Chantal on this is our Chantal Poirier, then maybe she needs to hire manhn as her agent.

Parsley Sage
09-01-2012, 05:57 PM
They do look kind of similar, but it's hard to tell with the different hair colour and the face veil.

The story on the wedding website says that this Chantal is the mother of twins. Was there any mention of children in the Four Houses show?

If Chantal's twins are the girls in the purple dresses at the wedding, they look to be in the tween/teen/preteen age range.

Why do so many Canadian figure skaters have twins?

Scratchspin
09-01-2012, 06:49 PM
If Chantal's twins are the girls in the purple dresses at the wedding, they look to be in the tween/teen/preteen age range.

Why do so many Canadian figure skaters have twins?

Thanks Parsley Sage

Looks like our Chantal Poirier would be around 27 years old now. So I'm still leaning towards her being the figure skater in the Four Houses show. The introductions is mainlly what tuned me out immediately. So cheesy. Why not give the contestants a bit of a pedegree for us to enjoy. Like they do now during the skaters' warm-ups at competitions--I know, it's right out of the Media Guide, but still . . ..

The Four Houses intros may be meant to sound mysterious as a way to keep us watching and guessing, but really, anyone who has a figure skater on their show, who's been in amateure competion, should appeal to both the skater's pride in their accomplishemts and ours in appreciating them. That might have held me longer. I'm willing to bet there are lots of skating fans who watch HGTV, so the producers should try not to be so insulting.

Skaters may be having twins so they can have skaters like the Delobels. I swore sometimes, I could be watching either :).