PDA

View Full Version : Vaitsekhovskaya's interview with N. Morozov

Pages : 1 2 [3]

IceIceBaby
08-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Oh gawd what a man :scream:

He wouldn't have needed to tell that Miki asked him to coach her, but I guess he just wanted to sort of brag and tell the world who has the last word.

And what about Amodio? It's a terrible excuse that he didn't pay attention to the music because focusing on his technique was more important.

And he is dating Ilinykh but threatening to leave her if she doesn't success.

And coaching Takahashi but saying that Plushenko will win the Olympic Gold anyways.

:slinkaway

love_skate2011
08-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Oh gawd what a man :scream:

He wouldn't have needed to tell that Miki asked him to coach her, but I guess he just wanted to sort of brag and tell the world who has the last word.

And what about Amodio? It's a terrible excuse that he didn't pay attention to the music because focusing on his technique was more important.

And he is dating Ilinykh but threatening to leave her if she doesn't success.

And coaching Takahashi but saying that Plushenko will win the Olympic Gold anyways.

:slinkaway

I think this is a deliberate conspiracy with Morozov coaching Takahashi to fail in the Olympics and for plushy to win :2faced:

kwanfan1818
08-30-2012, 08:11 PM
I definitely wasn't trying to say that he should ignore the ideas of the skaters who have them. My feeling is that if skaters take it upon themselves to study the system and have ideas about programs, the coach should take it as a gift, but Morozov is implying that it his expectation. IMO, if presented with a blank slate who doesn't bother to learn the system, then it is his responsibility to find ways to create level 4 spins, increase GOE, and do everything else he mentioned, rather than diss the skaters.

I think his point was how motivated those skaters are to find points from every angle, where the Russian skaters he talks about couldn't be arsed. Zhulin brings up the same point when he said in another recent interview -- thanks again to TAHbKA -- that the juniors expect things to be handed to them, and that the coach will make them great. I don't know how many skaters have reached the top with that attitude.

I think he's speaking to the dedication and investment skaters bring to the table, and he's aiming at the systemic issues among Russian skaters. He thinks they're spoiled by the perks, and also thinks that, especially the Men, don't think there's room for them at the top. He may be wrong in his conclusions, or his list might be incomplete, but he's talking about the system, or at least the mind-set that isn't being addressed as well as the athletes. I wish Vaitsekhovskaya had asked him to compare today's Men to a similar situation with the Ladies such a short time ago, when Piseev was ready to dump Russian Ladies over the age of 12 into the trash, even as Leonova started to prove herself.

Even certified technical panel people interpret things differently. Having other perspectives and interpretations can open up his own thinking. Skaters aren't illiterate. I don't know why coaches can't learn from their athletes: it is a constant in the narrative of the best coaches in many fields how much they learn from their students.

He's not just sitting back and letting his students do all the CoP work: he's done the homework himself. He's also learned how to game PCS based on the past and consistent behavior of the judges in scoring them.

Knigolubka
08-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Vaitsekhovskaya cleared up the I/K's part in her blog. She says Nikolai isn't gonna drop them if they won't medal. He just wants to them really fight for the third place.

Nan
08-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Why is it his job to ignore the things his skaters come up with and in which they are invested and impose something of his own on them? Boilerplate "You will do exactly as I say" didn't work with Trankov, who was miserable with almost all of Vasiliev's Lego-like programs and coaching style.

I think Morozov may have picked this up from TAT. Remember, one of the issues Yagudin had with Mishin was that it was a "do as I tell you" with no input from the student. TAT took a different approach with Yagudin and as a result, the performance got better.

mossop
08-30-2012, 11:47 PM
NM: There were no conflicts. Just financial disagreements. I took Daisuke when he was a no one. He even lived in my house for a while at the beginning. But once he started to deliver he was surrounded by some unknown people who signed the contracts with him and were earning money. As a coach I was offended. Now we signed all the financial agreements.
Daisuke’s success is all due to Morozov? Give Daisuke a break. Without talent and hard work, Daisuke wouldn’t be a success.

NM: Why not? I think that part of his success is in the Canadian Skating Federation work. The Canadians always talk to the judges during the competition, create some `common knowledge', show, explain, tell what is in the fashion, what should be paid attention to...
Sour grapes. The other Federations don’t talk? Didn’t the marks for quads increase after Plushenko lost the gold in 2010?

NM: I think working with the girls is the hardest.
Oh yah….:P

Moka-Ananas
08-31-2012, 12:10 AM
Pushkash is in a relationship with Kovtun. No worries here. She knows how "hard" feels like :saint:

nope, not anymore.
Oh Morozov...:scream:

Run, Ekaterina, RUN!

Macassar88
08-31-2012, 01:37 AM
Vaitsekhovskaya cleared up the I/K's part in her blog. She says Nikolai isn't gonna drop them if they won't medal. He just wants to them really fight for the third place.

Pity I wanted them to have new coaches

Moka-Ananas
08-31-2012, 01:44 AM
Morozov is such a douchebag. Just read on Kovtuns sprashivai.ru that Maxim greeted Whorozov at the test skates but the idiot didn't react or greet back. I just hope Kovtun improves a lot under the guidance of Vodorezova and kicks Morozovs skaters butts. :kickass:

love_skate2011
08-31-2012, 01:46 AM
Morozov is such a douchebag. Just read on Kovtuns sprashivai.ru that Maxim greeted Whorozov at the test skates but the idiot didn't react or greet back. I just hope Kovtun improves a lot under the guidance of Vodorezova and kicks Morozovs skaters butts. :kickass:

:mad: why Ioutta !!! :revenge::revenge:

Proustable
08-31-2012, 04:20 AM
B/S still out-PCSed I/K at Worlds, as did C/L.

It'll be interesting to see if I/K can make the GPF.

Bournekraatzfan
08-31-2012, 04:24 AM
Thank you so much, TAHbKA! sooooooooooo excited to see I&K and Daisuke this season!

antmanb
08-31-2012, 03:14 PM
B/S still out-PCSed I/K at Worlds, as did C/L.

It'll be interesting to see if I/K can make the GPF.

Death by acronym :rofl: