PDA

View Full Version : Vaitsekhovskaya's interview with N. Morozov

Pages : 1 [2] 3

equatorial
08-30-2012, 04:21 PM
but I bet he wants something for Pushkash :shuffle:

Pushkash is in a relationship with Kovtun. No worries here. She knows how "hard" feels like :saint:

made_in_canada
08-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks, Tahbka!

Macassar88
08-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Julia ditched his SP or LP and had Tuberidze choreograph her a new one because she hated it.
Anyway, I'm glad he's moving from Elena to Ekaterina. Pushkash is two years older so it's a little less creepy.
I really hope Elena and Nikita don't place third this year so they can switch coaches and he can retire from coaching ice dance and making those abominations he calls dances.

aka_gerbil
08-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Julia ditched his SP or LP and had Tuberidze choreograph her a new one because she hated it.
Anyway, I'm glad he's moving from Elena to Ekaterina. Pushkash is two years older so it's a little less creepy.
I really hope Elena and Nikita don't place third this year so they can switch coaches and he can retire from coaching ice dance and making those abominations he calls dances.

Given that we have to actually see how all of the teams look this season, I have a hard time seeing I/K getting ahead of any of the 4 teams that were ahead of them at worlds. If anything, I think they're in danger of losing ground, depending on B/S's improvement and how the newer teams look.

Braulio
08-30-2012, 05:19 PM
The best of this is that if those are the goals for Elena and Nikita, then they will be free next season!

I really donīt see both goals being achieved, with the top 3 just there and given the history of Ilinikh-Katsalapov, IMO is a big goal, though it will be very ambitious of them, hope to see them skate to their potential and not holding back

martyross
08-30-2012, 05:24 PM
whom will they go to then? Igor? :D

shah
08-30-2012, 05:30 PM
[URL="http://www.sport-express.ru/newspaper/2012-08-30/8_1/?view=page"]'
EV: If you decided upon everything in advance, why were Takahashi's programmes choreographed by Camerlengo and Myamoto?
NM: We decided I'll choreograph his Olympic season programmes.

noooooooooooooooooo!:wall:

shah
08-30-2012, 05:31 PM
ah, and btw - Free Elena! (and Nikita)

t.mann
08-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Morozov's interviews never disappoint me, in the aspect of entertaining. :cheer2:

analia
08-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Morozov is totally my type of man...hmm...

But I thought Takahashi wasn't using Carmalengo this year.
And I'm even more convinced that Nikita did comtemplate about escaping to Jana Khorklova at some point.
Overall Morozov is all about efficiency, not one step too much, but he's at least smart enough to not give away points. Let's be honest, V/T just isn't as light on ice as the other top pairs, lacking a bit in the skating skills department. Morozov simply made it look like it was choreographic fault. Same goes to Leonova and Miki. I actually really liked Amodio's LP last season.

caseyedwards
08-30-2012, 06:11 PM
The PCS of Voronov has a lot to do with Morozov. Dressed like a soccer ball in the SP and doing Pagliacci for the LP - he can be doing better stuff for him. Voronov was getting his jumps back in order but the PCS which could be improved by better packaging can be improved by Morozov.

I/K did manage to win a SD at a GP event and maybe if they had done a good FD and stayed in first place could have won a GP last season. They are close to possibly winning a GP event and making it closer to a GPF. They can't have that frequent thing happen where at the end of a FD all their elements become level 1 and 2! If they are not designed well enough that is Morozov's fault and if it they are not trained enough to keep at level 4 that is I/K's fault more than Morozov- it's a mixture. There can be excuses in dropping like a stone in FD's!

peibeck
08-30-2012, 06:34 PM
It amazes me that skaters want to work with this egomaniac. He sounds like he has very little respect for many of the people who keep him employed.

rfisher
08-30-2012, 06:41 PM
It amazes me that skaters want to work with this egomaniac. He sounds like he has very little respect for many of the people who keep him employed.

Because they like to win and his programs score points. I think he hit the nail absolutely on the head comparing some of the NA skaters goals/work ethic with the Russians. Those Russian skaters who are ambitious (and aren't Mishin's students) go to him because the programs score points.

kwanfan1818
08-30-2012, 07:29 PM
N
-I agree that the Russian skaters should do a better job learning the system (only Trankov seems to really get it), but I thought it was funny that he appreciates when the skaters come with their own ideas.... that's great and all, but isn't it his job?

He described how important he thinks it is for skaters to be self-motivated work on their own, instead of accepting a salary. Why is it his job to ignore the things his skaters come up with and in which they are invested and impose something of his own on them? Boilerplate "You will do exactly as I say" didn't work with Trankov, who was miserable with almost all of Vasiliev's Lego-like programs and coaching style.

Pushkash is in a relationship with Kovtun. No worries here. She knows how "hard" feels like :saint:
Wasn't Ilinykh in a relationship with Katsapalov?

Cherub721
08-30-2012, 07:46 PM
He described how important he thinks it is for skaters to be self-motivated work on their own, instead of accepting a salary. Why is it his job to ignore the things his skaters come up with and in which they are invested and impose something of his own on them? Boilerplate "You will do exactly as I say" didn't work with Trankov, who was miserable with almost all of Vasiliev's Lego-like programs and coaching style.

I definitely wasn't trying to say that he should ignore the ideas of the skaters who have them. My feeling is that if skaters take it upon themselves to study the system and have ideas about programs, the coach should take it as a gift, but Morozov is implying that it his expectation. IMO, if presented with a blank slate who doesn't bother to learn the system, then it is his responsibility to find ways to create level 4 spins, increase GOE, and do everything else he mentioned, rather than diss the skaters.

I/K did manage to win a SD at a GP event and maybe if they had done a good FD and stayed in first place could have won a GP last season. They are close to possibly winning a GP event and making it closer to a GPF. They can't have that frequent thing happen where at the end of a FD all their elements become level 1 and 2! If they are not designed well enough that is Morozov's fault and if it they are not trained enough to keep at level 4 that is I/K's fault more than Morozov- it's a mixture. There can be excuses in dropping like a stone in FD's!

The judges really like I&K a lot. Top 3 is possible for them, but unlikely. I also remember when they won the SD at NHK over W&P (eventual 4th at Worlds) and Shibs (then-reigning world bronze medallists). They made their usual mistakes in the FD and dropped to 3rd, then finished 4th at TEB... but the potential was there. They could've skated clean and won that event, they could've made GPF, etc. When they skate cleanly, the judges go with them. As the 5th ranked team in the world, they should absolutely be aiming for 3rd at this point. If B&S are capable of beating P&B in the SD at Euros, then I&K could too. There are opportunities there, they just need to work really hard and have great programs (which is why I don't think it will happen, lol).