PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear- another drink driving idiot!

lay'dback
08-27-2012, 07:46 PM
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/2012/08/21/coventry-ice-skating-coach-yuri-bureiko-receives-motoring-ban-after-drink-driving-92746-31662728/

berthesghost
08-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Bureiko founded Coventry’s International School of Skating at the Skydome in 2001 and has coached more than 50 national competitors, many of whom have won medals at the World and European Championships. There have been many world and euro medals won recently by UK skaters? Huh? Did I blink and miss this?

overedge
08-27-2012, 08:46 PM
There have been many world and euro medals won recently by UK skaters? Huh? Did I blink and miss this?

Get with the program, already :)

I read this to mean that he had coached skaters who had competed at a national level in whatever country they represented, not that these 50 skaters were all UK skaters.

berthesghost
08-27-2012, 10:17 PM
:lol: I know! But apparently I'm not alone. From wiki
He currently coaches in Great Britain. He has coached Jenna McCorkell,[1] Taras Rajec,[2] Dean Timmins,[3] Edward Ka-Yin Chow[4] and Matthew Wilkinson,[5] among others. I know Jenna. :)

Ziggy
08-27-2012, 10:57 PM
There have been many world and euro medals won recently by UK skaters? Huh? Did I blink and miss this?

The journalist obviously didn't check his facts.

Juri Bureiko has coached and consulted many skaters from different countries but I don't remember him working with any European or World medallists.

TAHbKA
08-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Wasn't he working with KVDP at some point?

Ziggy
08-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Wasn't he working with KVDP at some point?

Ahhh he was coaching KVDP indeed! So that's one European medallist then. :)

allezfred
08-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Jenna was World Champion at bra-strap and wedgie fixing. :saint:

lay'dback
08-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Gee- here was me thinking that the news that he was three times over the legal driving limit and could have potentially have hurt (or worse) someone with his idiotic notion that he was fit to drive, would have caused a response!
Instead the inaccuracies of how many medal winners is the only comback! :duh:

overedge
08-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Gee- here was me thinking that the news that he was three times over the legal driving limit and could have potentially have hurt (or worse) someone with his idiotic notion that he was fit to drive, would have caused a response!

Then why didn't you say that's what you wanted to talk about, instead of just posting the link?

Ziggy
08-29-2012, 03:24 AM
Instead the inaccuracies of how many medal winners is the only comback! :duh:

What is the point of posting something that is totally obvious and that everybody who isn't braindead agrees on?

Yes, drink-driving is wrong and irresponsible.

Shyjosie
08-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Shame.
The worst part of it is that we've become used to this kind of message - figure skater drunk behind the wheel. I hope being stopped and fined makes Mr. Bureiko consider his doings more in the future. Living with a life on the conscience is among the most dreadful things that can happen to a person and it happens so quickly.