PDA

View Full Version : Jaycee Dugard was on 20/20

Vash01
08-25-2012, 07:28 AM
I am not sure if this was a rerun, but Dianne Sawyer interviewed Jaycee Dugard, her mother and some investigators, while talking about her book 'Stolen life'. I know there was a thread about this long ago, so if the admin wants to merge this with the original thread, it's OK.

Even though I knew the story, and read only a few excerpts from her book (I could not bear to read the book, but I did read the portion where Jaycee was kidnapped and where she was discovered). It was amazing to see this young woman who survived such horrible experiences. She looks beautiful, and much younger than her age (she must be around 30 now). She is still seeing a psychologist to help her cope with her past but she is determined to live her present fully. What an amazing woman! Dianne Sawyer looked shocked, moved, and almost in tears at times. Jaycee's poor mother lost 18 years with her beloved daughter.

It's mind boggling that California parole officers visited that house 60 times but did not bother to search the backyard, despite complaints from the neighbors that there were children in the backyard. How utterly disgraceful!

Buzz
08-25-2012, 10:08 AM
Good to hear she is doing so very well and is getting help.

Lacey
08-25-2012, 09:55 PM
The book was fine, actually calmed the story for me because of her grace.