PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Champs Camp in Colorado Springs (for U.S. Grand Prix skaters/teams)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

centerpt1
08-24-2012, 02:38 AM
U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating
. @jeremyabbottpcf had his free skate music composed less than two weeks ago. He's going to take what he learned here back to Detroit.

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating
Expect @JohnnyGWeir to "soar" during his "Phoenix" free skate. Weir has a great spirit during this comeback, it's fun to watch. #ChampsCamp

So: Johnny thumbs up, Jeremy thumbs down.

And Evan? Nowhere to be found.

dots
08-24-2012, 03:45 AM
So: Johnny thumbs up, Jeremy thumbs down.

And Evan? Nowhere to be found.

It seems like Johnny is passing with flying colors. This bodes very well for him, and his chances of making the world team.

Oh Jeremy! This is not the impression you wanted to give the USFS. :fragile: Oh well there's still time for him to put that FP together.

Evan = failing grade for not showing up. :o

What do we know about the other men? Someone must know! :drama:

oldskoolsk8tr
08-24-2012, 04:48 AM
It seems like Johnny is passing with flying colors. This bodes very well for him, and his chances of making the world team.

Oh Jeremy! This is not the impression you wanted to give the USFS. :fragile: Oh well there's still time for him to put that FP together.

Evan = failing grade for not showing up. :o

What do we know about the other men? Someone must know! :drama:

WHy didn't Evan show up? they said he was coming in late or was that a lie:(...getting paid to be on the team..(and not talking envelope money) a contract through his agent ? not showing up? I can think of a lot of young men who deserve to be there if he is not...:(I'm confused as to why USFS would tweet he is coming in late and then he is not there???

BigB08822
08-24-2012, 04:57 AM
I can't believe no one else has figured this out. The Kween was not brought in just to be the keynote speaker. She was given that role to cover up the REAL reason for her inclusion. She is training again after much begging from the USFSA ($$$$$) in order to help the US secure 3 spots in Sochi.

alilou
08-24-2012, 06:29 AM
I'm not sure, but perhaps what kwanette meant was that it was not a typo, but rather use of the wrong word? However, since the author used "their" correctly earlier in the same sentence, I thought it probably was just that it was written in haste and just a momentary mental lapse. I consider typos to be things like transposing letters ("thier") or a repeated letter ttheir, or other errors due to slips of the finger, timing in typing, etc., rather than errors of spelling or grammar.

See skatingfan5's post below. She knows what I meant. I'm a retired English teacher.

Thanks, yes, that is what I meant.

Yes I think you're right - a mental lapse due to rushing to make a deadline.

I was really reacting to the general, seemingly universal, confusion around they're, their and there (not just on FSU). It seems no-one is taught the difference anymore, or cares. And get this - I made a typo just now typing they're and the auto-correct offered there're :lol:

l'etoile
08-24-2012, 09:30 AM
WHy didn't Evan show up? they said he was coming in late or was that a lie:(...getting paid to be on the team..(and not talking envelope money) a contract through his agent ? not showing up? I can think of a lot of young men who deserve to be there if he is not...:(I'm confused as to why USFS would tweet he is coming in late and then he is not there???

I believe not long ago Evan excused himself from local gala shows due to new injury. I hope everything's fine!

IceIceBaby
08-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Or maybe Evan got lost in Vera Wang's gigantic house...

centerpt1
08-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Alissa is injured, but attended and didn't skate.

So why not Evan?

antmanb
08-24-2012, 11:15 AM
ETA: I just looked through the latest photos and saw Madison's self-designed SD dress. :eek: Maybe it looks better in person and in motion? :shuffle:

The only way that dress would look better in person and in motion, is if you were watching someone throwing it into a fire :eek:

Coco
08-24-2012, 12:42 PM
I wondered if Agnes would stay in the Springs, or move to work more closely with Santee now that she's finished high school. Anyone know what an SI injury involves or how serious it is?

It's not a place on the body that a skater (or anyone) would want to injure :(

It's where the back of the big hip bone/plate thingy connects to the base of the spine - basically the back of your hip and your low back :(

judiz
08-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Johnny Weir-Voronov ‏@JohnnyGWeir

It was a reasonably good day. No fits, no falls. Thank you all so much for your support and cheers. It helps so much to know you're with me

Ashley Wagner ‏@AshWagner2010

Late night doping testing..so much fun!! #funtimes

Jammers
08-24-2012, 02:13 PM
I've had that problem in Firefox (this has happened with other galleries on that browser), but it's worked when I've tried it in Chrome.

If you are running Adblocker plus on Firefox you might need to turn it off if you can't see photos in picture galleries. It worked for me. Just turn ABP back on after you can see the pictures and it will work.

Sylvia
08-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Thursday photo gallery: http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/gallery.jsp?content_id=37227796

Theatregirl1122
08-24-2012, 02:41 PM
No pictures of Meryl and Maia in (their, they're, there) SD costumes? :wuzrobbed:

I haven't heard or seen anything about Hubbell/Donohue. Don't they have a GP or (two, to, too)?

:P

Maia and Meryl may not have performed in their SD costumes if they aren't ready yet.

I would hardly get worried about Jeremy "making a bad impression". He isn't competing until October, USFSA knows that his programs could be a month or more away from ready. Which, for those freaking out about why we don't get video, is why we don't get video. Many skaters have not timed themselves to be truly audience ready at this point and may not want the audience forming an opinion on things they may not be planning to keep. Many of these skaters have not performed publically as of right now.

And further, this is USFSA. Whatever impression Jeremy or Johnny makes right now won't be relevant to worlds selection. If they place top 2 at Nationals, they will go. If not, they will not go.

bmcg
08-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Canīt believe Weir is going to subject us to more Poker Face. This is his comeback and he's going to start it by throwing a few jumps into a show program he has been doing forever to THAT grossly overexposed song. I am so sick of that song.

In other news, someone out there must have an idea by know what the ice dance teams are using. Throw us a bone :D