PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Champs Camp in Colorado Springs (for U.S. Grand Prix skaters/teams)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

LilJen
08-23-2012, 11:41 PM
Madison's self designed dress is :eek:

I second that. :eek: and:scream: and :wideeyes: and :wall:

Wyliefan
08-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Between what we've seen of Charlie and Adam, our men are not going to meet their Team Minimum Curl Requirement this season; no way that Evan, Johnny or Jeremy can offer strength in the corkscrews and bounce area. What a huge change of sartorial direction for our men! We can only see what the competitive results will be but it's a very big roll of the dice! LOL

Bates isn't doing so badly at bringing the curl.

Willowway
08-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Thank goodness..."bringing the curl" - love it.

Theatregirl1122
08-24-2012, 12:05 AM
Where is she? Any mention of her???

Adam posted a pic of him and Gracie on Instagram.

I second that. :eek: and:scream: and :wideeyes: and :wall:

It's terrifying. I'm going to need all year to describe it appropriately.

skatingfan5
08-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Maybe it isn't a typo...:rolleyes:

If it's not a typo the sentence doesn't make sense. "They're" is a contracted form of "they are". To make sense the word they need is "their", as in belonging to them.

They're = they are
their = denotes ownership
there = denotes place

Here endeth the grammar lesson for today :PI'm not sure, but perhaps what kwanette meant was that it was not a typo, but rather use of the wrong word? However, since the author used "their" correctly earlier in the same sentence, I thought it probably was just that it was written in haste and just a momentary mental lapse. I consider typos to be things like transposing letters ("thier") or a repeated letter ttheir, or other errors due to slips of the finger, timing in typing, etc., rather than errors of spelling or grammar.

ETA: I just looked through the latest photos and saw Madison's self-designed SD dress. :eek: Maybe it looks better in person and in motion? :shuffle:

kwanette
08-24-2012, 12:30 AM
If it's not a typo the sentence doesn't make sense. "They're" is a contracted form of "they are". To make sense the word they need is "their", as in belonging to them.

They're = they are
their = denotes ownership
there = denotes place

Here endeth the grammar lesson for today :P

See skatingfan5's post below. She knows what I meant. I'm a retired English teacher.

I'm not sure, but perhaps what kwanette meant was that it was not a typo, but rather use of the wrong word? However, since the author used "their" correctly earlier in the same sentence, I thought it probably was just that it was written in haste and just a momentary mental lapse. I consider typos to be things like transposing letters ("thier") or a repeated letter ttheir, or other errors due to slips of the finger, timing in typing, etc., rather than errors of spelling or grammar.

ETA: I just looked through the latest photos and saw Madison's self-designed SD dress. :eek: Maybe it looks better in person and in motion? :shuffle:

Thanks, yes, that is what I meant.

I particularly enjoy the blogs written by a Yale graduate on IN..." me and Emily.." Maybe that was a typo, too.:slinkaway

judiz
08-24-2012, 12:42 AM
any results from today's free skate test?

hoptoad
08-24-2012, 01:08 AM
Between what we've seen of Charlie and Adam, our men are not going to meet their Team Minimum Curl Requirement this season; no way that Evan, Johnny or Jeremy can offer strength in the corkscrews and bounce area. What a huge change of sartorial direction for our men! We can only see what the competitive results will be but it's a very big roll of the dice! LOL
:lol: Well, a change in tonsorial direction, anyway. Now, Madison's dress--is that a change in sartorial direction, or just a little further along the bizarro ice dance spectrum?

"I like to have that balance between school and skating; if there is too much school, or too much skating, it doesn't work for me," said the 18-year-old, who trains under Christy Krall in Colorado Springs and also works with Chicago-based David Santee.

The U.S. bronze medalist was sidelined the month of June with a sprained SI (sacroiliac) joint, which temporarily derailed her plans to train a triple Lutz-triple toe for her new short program, choreographed by David Wilson to music from the Sex and the City 2 soundtrack.

I wondered if Agnes would stay in the Springs, or move to work more closely with Santee now that she's finished high school. Anyone know what an SI injury involves or how serious it is?

Casey2
08-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Madison's SD dress would have to be in motion at the speed of light!

PinkFeathers
08-24-2012, 01:26 AM
Just now, from USFS:

Expect @JohnnyGWeir to "soar" during his "Phoenix" free skate. Weir has a great spirit during this comeback, it's fun to watch. #ChampsCamp

:swoon::swoon::swoon:

Conga
08-24-2012, 01:43 AM
Is Anyone else having trouble viewing the photos on IN? I just get a black screen whenever I click on the gallery thumbnails.

arakwafan2006
08-24-2012, 01:54 AM
Madison's self designed dress is :eek:

LMAO!!!

terrible looking dress

lavenderblue
08-24-2012, 01:58 AM
Is Anyone else having trouble viewing the photos on IN? I just get a black screen whenever I click on the gallery thumbnails.

I've had that problem in Firefox (this has happened with other galleries on that browser), but it's worked when I've tried it in Chrome.

Conga
08-24-2012, 02:31 AM
I've had that problem in Firefox (this has happened with other galleries on that browser), but it's worked when I've tried it in Chrome.

Thanks. I'll try in IE and see if that works. I don't have Chrome.

shan
08-24-2012, 02:38 AM
No pictures of Meryl and Maia in (their, they're, there) SD costumes? :wuzrobbed:

I haven't heard or seen anything about Hubbell/Donohue. Don't they have a GP or (two, to, too)?

:P