PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Champs Camp in Colorado Springs (for U.S. Grand Prix skaters/teams)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Sylvia
08-31-2012, 03:29 PM
I agree, toddlj, I find the constant negativity very tiresome.

In other skating news from Champs Camp, I've posted the link to the article on the 6 pairs there in the U.S. Pairs thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3671841#post3671841

RD
08-31-2012, 03:58 PM
I can't imagine why every thread at some point devolves into a "Rachael is ugly" thread. God, it's tiring.

Honestly, man. let it go already

It's not just Flatt though (in this thread). I guess it's just me but I couldn't care less about hair style or make-up or whatever people seem to continuously bicker about and rip on skaters for. It gets so old for me to hear the ranting again and again when in the long run, it really doesn't matter. Doesn't affect their skating. And from my POV, if it doesn't affect how they skate, why talk about it?

Sigh...anyway, I guess part of my disconnect with this whole thing has to do with not being female :P

____

Anyway, I remember in school we took a trip and did some "team-building" exercises. We weren't big fans of this (although it was still cool to get out of the classroom for a few days). Then again, though, we were a small school and thus we were (going to be) around each other for hours every single day for 8, 9 months- and thus didn't really see the point.

I don't know how these skaters see it, but they definitely don't seem to be around each other nearly as frequently.

Tammi
08-31-2012, 05:23 PM
I don't know how these skaters see it, but they definitely don't seem to be around each other nearly as frequently.Since most are already friends simply due to the fact that they've competed against, travelled with or trained together since they were juveniles, I think it was just a chance for them to get silly after what can be a very stressful week individually.

dots
08-31-2012, 07:05 PM
What a bunch of Debbie Downers :violin: Champs Camp did fine with the R.G. routines.

Next year they should tackle Broadway musicals. :hat1:

PDilemma
08-31-2012, 07:12 PM
I can't imagine why every thread at some point devolves into a "Rachael is ugly" thread. God, it's tiring.

Yours is the only post that says she is "ugly". A few have expressed the opinion that she has a bad haircut. But bad haircut does not equal ugly. Not at all.

kwanfan1818
08-31-2012, 07:56 PM
I can't say I saw unabashed joy from everyone in all of the videos, but I did see some solid looks of concentration and, probably more to the point of team exercises, the kind of eye contact that people make when they are relying on another person to be there and do their part.

MacMadame
08-31-2012, 11:11 PM
I swear we have this conversation every year about at least one thing they do at Champs Camp. :lol:

toddlj
09-01-2012, 01:18 AM
Yours is the only post that says she is "ugly". A few have expressed the opinion that she has a bad haircut. But bad haircut does not equal ugly. Not at all.

You've misunderstood my post. I don't think she is ugly at all. I think she's a cute all-american girl.

I was referring to several other threads that have devolved into an attack on her looks, using that word and others. This thread seemed headed there. My apologies if I have added to the problem.

DaveRocks
09-01-2012, 02:52 AM
I'm all for having fun, but the words "team building" bring me out in hives. :scream:

TEAM BUILDING! TEAM BUILDING! :P ;)

You've misunderstood my post. I don't think she is ugly at all. I think she's a cute all-american girl.

I was referring to several other threads that have devolved into an attack on her looks, using that word and others. This thread seemed headed there. My apologies if I have added to the problem.

I don't think there's a need to apologize. The intent of your post was clear. :)

milanessa
09-01-2012, 02:57 AM
I swear we have this conversation every year about at least one thing they do at Champs Camp. :lol:

Yep. :lol:

Theatregirl1122
09-01-2012, 03:38 AM

Meh. I'm a huge Rachel uber and I think she's very pretty but that hair cut was just a bad idea all around. It is exhausting that "pile on Rachael" turns into an Olympic sport around here, though.

kwanfan1818
09-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Flatt was the most talked about case of a USFS fashion intervention, and given some other top-ranked skaters' styling monstrosities, it appeared to be the first. Once the issue of USFS appearance advice was raised, it was inevitable that Flatt's hair would be raised.

mollymgr
09-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Why is team building so bad? It is a good opportunity to get to know new members and build friendships. These people may be traveling together over several competitions. It may not be everyone's cup of tea. But I don't see anything bad coming out of it either. I don't think the underlying goal was to achieve perfection at rhythmic gymnastics or prove your manliness or ladyness.

Alex Forrest
09-01-2012, 06:51 PM

I noticed that too. It seems Todd thinks she is ugly. No one else said that. She is an elite skater, and she appears to have chopped off her hair at Supercuts, possibly on a Wednesday when it's only $15. No one on here is saying she is 'ugly'. Just badly prepped.

Sylvia
09-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Slight OT but a few Champs Camp skaters -- Dornbush, Razzano and Vise/Baldwin -- are competing at Golden West this weekend - go to the thread in the TV Alerts forum (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84825) and/or the Golden West thread (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84707) in Kiss and Cry for more info.