PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Champs Camp in Colorado Springs (for U.S. Grand Prix skaters/teams)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24

jjane45
08-30-2012, 05:00 AM
From "Call me maybe" you could see how Alex much better dancer, then others (except Marvin Tran). hy we didnt see this in Shibs programs?

When all the guys were on the ice at about 1:25, I thought Yuzuru was the most expressive.

flipforsynchro
08-30-2012, 05:47 AM
I think Yuzuru seemed to get really into it, but Alex is better at dancing. Either way they both looked hot.

Karpenko
08-30-2012, 05:49 AM
The Shib's are actually really good at video editing, nice timing, angles, musicality.. I might like their videos more than the skating atm :shuffle: Cute stuff.

brightphoton
08-30-2012, 08:04 AM
That assumes that all members of USFSA PR team are male. Which is likely. ;)

d'oh :slinkaway

pani
08-30-2012, 08:35 AM
Amazing :))))))))))

Skittl1321
08-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Those videos were fun. The skaters did a great job. Johnny definitely missed his calling as a rhythmic gymnast though...

LilJen
08-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Dear Caydee:

STOP TANNING. Or applying the fake tanner. It does not make you as good as Aliona Savchenko, and you look weird, so please stop.

Best regards,
LilJen

Susan M
08-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Dear Caydee:

STOP TANNING. Or applying the fake tanner. It does not make you as good as Aliona Savchenko, and you look weird,
Let's face it. The fake orange skin makes both of them look weird. Caydee's just looks worse because she has the unrealistic, glow-in-the-dark white teeth to go with it. It totally escapes me how she can look at herself in the mirror and thinks that looks good.

Maybe the USFS should focus less on pointless (yes, pointless) rhythmic gymnastics BS and more time on personal styling advice.

TanithandBenFan
08-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Maybe the USFS should focus less on pointless (yes, pointless) rhythmic gymnastics BS and more time on personal styling advice.

The point of the activity was to have fun (gasp! fun? the horror!). Maybe that's a foreign concept for some people....

DaveRocks
08-30-2012, 10:56 PM
The point of the activity was to have fun (gasp! fun? the horror!). Maybe that's a foreign concept for some people....

And judging from the videos, the goal was achieved: indeed, fun was had! :cheer:

RD
08-30-2012, 11:17 PM

:confused: but, who are they to tell people how they should or should not look?

I dunno, but it looks to me as if the skaters had fun with it...and as long as they have fun with it, I don't see a problem with it. I don't know how much input the skaters have into the planned activities, or even if they're required to participate in all of them, but I highly doubt it's the "prison" some seem to think it is.

VIETgrlTerifa
08-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Problem is that poster didn't like the exercise and will stick to that opinion despite the fact that the skaters seemed to enjoy themselves and did not think it was pointless. Knowing that the skaters enjoyed it, and a few posters defended the exercise and a few others wondered t why it would be offensive to partake in rhythmic gymnastics, the poster is trying now pointing out other ways the USFS could constructively use their time, such as telling female skaters how to groom themselves in a certain way. All that really matters is that the skaters enjoyed themselves because none of us are really affected by the USFS group exercises.

RD
08-30-2012, 11:26 PM
Well, I mean, it's not the type of activity you'd see ME participating in, but it's an activity geared towards a certain audience and I think that "audience" seemed to enjoy it and have fun with it, from what I saw. Mission accomplished.

Ziggy
08-30-2012, 11:27 PM

Making skaters bond and have a bit of fun to wind down after a camp packed full of activities is totally pointless?

mgobluegirl
08-31-2012, 02:27 AM
:confused: but, who are they to tell people how they should or should not look?

Weren't they the ones who told Flatt to cut her hair soccer-mom style?