PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Champs Camp in Colorado Springs (for U.S. Grand Prix skaters/teams)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Susan M
08-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Now, now, PLEASE don't interrupt a good Evan snark, how rude of you to suggest he might be other than a self-involved jerk.
Ah, how easily some folks are fooled. Notice how he is sitting off the end, only overlapping the nearest skater a tiny bit. Wearing all black would make it a piece of cake to photoshop him into the group picture.

(Just kidding of course, but I hate to see a good snark go to waste.)

Garden Kitty
08-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Champs camp must have been tiring (http://instagram.com/p/OzPYRGS7l4/)- Maia posted this cute pic of Charlie, Jeremy and Alex.

Tammi
08-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Champs camp must have been tiring (http://instagram.com/p/OzPYRGS7l4/)- Maia posted this cute pic of Charlie, Jeremy and Alex.Combined with the 4:30am shuttle to the airport :) .

Ziggy
08-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Lynn and Logan are one of the top teams in the US and will be on the Grand Prix, so unless you go underground, get ready to hear it. :P They're using two Adele songs no one used last year that I'm aware of - "Turning Tables" and "Rumor Has It." Plus, they worked with Stacy Tookey, an amazing contemporary dance choreographer, so I expect this program to totally :kickass: :)

*Rumour Has It ;)

http://www.adele.tv/music/

im a little surprised that a federation is so into the skaters' preparation. particularly when they 'suggest' them to change a program entirely. or is it something that other feds do too?

Of course.

Many federations hold summer camps for their national teams.

AJ Skatefan
08-26-2012, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=misskarne;3668232Okay...how come?[/QUOTE]

because of what crzesk8dad and Sylvia said....

Ziggy
08-27-2012, 12:25 AM
What a waste of time. Who comes up with this nonsense?

Apart from the general pointlessness of "team building" in an individual sport, isn't it kind of insulting to make the guys do a sport internationally recognized only as a girls sport? I mean, do these folks stay up nights thinking of things that can earn male skaters even more ridicule? I think the guys should have just turned it into dodgeball.

The USFS never ceases to amaze me at the overall level of amateurishness in their operations (not just their cameras). It still employs too many folks who function at the level of a kindergarten teacher. (No insult to teachers intended, but these athletes are not 5 year olds.)

The purpose of that exercise was to raise the spirits of the participants, get them in the right mood, break the ice and help them gel, as they would spend the rest of the camp together.

I trained as a trainer/coach and this isn't operating at the level of a kindergarten teacher. It's being professional.

As for dodgeball, something that aggressive would be rather counter-productive for this particular purpose, as well as risky.

crankyintheAM
08-27-2012, 01:27 AM
The purpose of that exercise was to raise the spirits of the participants, get them in the right mood, break the ice and help them gel, as they would spend the rest of the camp together.

Then it's a pity that was almost the last activity of the camp, late on Friday night. :slinkaway

VIETgrlTerifa
08-27-2012, 01:37 AM
Why is it insulting to to have males participate in something that is "recognized as a girls' sport?" I hope they are secure enough in themselves to not take offense with something that may be a bit feminine and have enough sense of humor to enjoy it.

kwanfan1818
08-27-2012, 01:48 AM
im a little surprised that a federation is so into the skaters' preparation. particularly when they 'suggest' them to change a program entirely. or is it something that other feds do too?

Many federations hold summer camps for their national teams.

And some have their consultants make a team planning a Pink Floyd program to change to their 34575th waltz program :mad: give constructive pre-season feedback.

Ziggy
08-27-2012, 02:05 AM
Then it's a pity that was almost the last activity of the camp, late on Friday night. :slinkaway

:duh:

I didn't even bother checking the dates because it's the kind of exercise, I'd give to the participants right at the start. ;)

Sylvia
08-27-2012, 02:08 AM
Since the official evaluation of/feedback for the skaters' programs is probably the most important part of Champs Camp, it makes sense to me that the team building exercise would come afterwards as a fun way to "wind down."

shan
08-27-2012, 02:10 AM
And some have their consultants make a team planning a Pink Floyd program to change to their 34575th waltz program :mad: give constructive pre-season feedback.

R/T?

I didn't know they were planning Pink Floyd.

Sylvia
08-27-2012, 02:21 AM
R/T?

I didn't know they were planning Pink Floyd.
It's mentioned in this interview translation by TAHbKA here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84747

Polymer Bob
08-27-2012, 02:32 AM
I am coming into this thread late, but it's looking likely that Alissa won't be ready for the Grand Prix.

shan
08-27-2012, 02:41 AM
It's mentioned in this interview translation by TAHbKA here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84747

I read that thread but somehow I missed the actual interview. lol