PDA

View Full Version : Director Tony Scott dead (jumps off bridge in LA)

Pages : [1] 2

BigB08822
08-20-2012, 05:16 AM
Wow, this came as a shock:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/california/ci_21349685/breaking-man-who-jumped-from-vincent-thomas-bridge

gingercrush
08-20-2012, 05:21 AM
Wow that is shocking. RIP Tony Scott.

Alex Forrest
08-20-2012, 05:26 AM
Horrible. Just so sad. I hope he has found his peace. Heaven knows how heavy his heart was. Very sad for his two children. Very sad news. RIP.

Norlite
08-20-2012, 05:29 AM
Wow, very sad.

I also never connect Tony and Ridley Scott as brothers.

RIP

genevieve
08-20-2012, 05:54 AM
I saw this on Facebook - someone had posted a Top Gun joke, but I always think of Tony and Ridley as producing partners. I forgot that Tony had been a director in his own right.

Very. very sad. I wish him peace.

MINAM
08-20-2012, 06:14 AM
This is so sad. :( RIP.

AragornElessar
08-20-2012, 08:00 AM
I was just over at IMDB to see who the new Castmember of Criminal Minds is and saw this at the top of the site. :(

Shocked, saddened and just plain gutted. Loved his movies and just feeling so beyond awful for his Family and Friends tonight. May he have finally found the peace he couldn't find in life. :(

l'etoile
08-20-2012, 01:07 PM
OMG How unfortunate and sad:( May he rest in peace. Did he have chronical depression? Circumstances seem so uncanny...

Buzz
08-20-2012, 01:35 PM
I am speechless. Top Gun is one of all time my favorite movies. My prayers goes out to his children. May he rest in peace.

Vash01
08-20-2012, 04:27 PM
A death is always sad, and a suicide is beyond sadness. :(I hope he finds peace, wherever he is.

galaxygirl
08-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Apparently he had inoperable brain cancer.

http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/news/-top-gun--director-tony-scott-had-inoperable-brain-cancer.html?.b=index&.ts=1345481149&.intl=US&.lang=en

Cachoo
08-20-2012, 05:49 PM
I see his name every week when I'm watching "The Good Wife" and I saw a short docu about Tony and Ridley. This saddens me as he seemed to "go for the gusto" in life. He is/was someone to be admired.

snoopy
08-20-2012, 06:26 PM

http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/news/-top-gun--director-tony-scott-had-inoperable-brain-cancer.html?.b=index&.ts=1345481149&.intl=US&.lang=en

When I heard his age, my first thought was that there was some serious medical issue with which he was dealing.

skatingfan5
08-20-2012, 06:59 PM

http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/news/-top-gun--director-tony-scott-had-inoperable-brain-cancer.html?.b=index&.ts=1345481149&.intl=US&.lang=en:( Maybe he didn't want to put his family through (or face himself) the horrible mental decline that often occurs along with the physical ravages. (A close friend's husband died from a brain tumor just before Christmas, after an 18 month battle.) However, Tony Scott's suicide will likely have an even more devastating affect on his family. Very, very sad situation for all.

When I heard his age, my first thought was that there was some serious medical issue with which he was dealing.That was what crossed my mind as well.

Condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

VALuvsMKwan
08-20-2012, 07:13 PM
:( Maybe he didn't want to put his family through (or face himself) the horrible mental decline that often occurs along with the physical ravages. (A close friend's husband died from a brain tumor just before Christmas, after an 18 month battle.) However, Tony Scott's suicide will likely have an even more devastating affect on his family. Very, very sad situation for all.

And situations such as these are why I truly believe in the choice from a broad range of patient-chosen ending-of-life options, including what is commonly known as "assisted suicide". Perhaps Mr. Scott would not have chosen it, but certainly such a choice, made within the bosom of his family, MIGHT have been less traumatic to all involved than this suicide jump will more than likely be.

Condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

Well said, and I certainly share these thoughts.