PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Champion SURVIVOR: LADIES Final Results!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

skateboy
08-20-2012, 04:40 AM
The voters have spoken! The ultimate OLYMPIC CHAMPION SURVIVOR in LADIES is (drum roll)..........

1st place and Gold Medalist: KATARINA WITT

2nd place and Silver Medalist: DOROTHY HAMILL

3rd place and Bronze Medalists (tie): YUNA KIM and PEGGY FLEMING

5th place: KRISTI YAMAGUCHI
6th place: TARA LIPINSKI
7th place: SHIZUKA ARAKAWA
8th place: SJOUKJE DIJKSTRA
9th place: OKSANA BAIUL
10th place: ANETT POETZSCH
11th place: BEATRIX SCHUBA
12th place: SARAH HUGHES

So, would you ranked the champions any differently? Any wuzrobbing going on here?

falling_dance
08-20-2012, 04:48 AM
Were it up to me, Schuba would've remained in the game a lot longer and Fleming would've won. Kim would take the "silver".

judgejudy27
08-20-2012, 04:57 AM
Horrible results IMO. Kim, Hamill, and Yamaguchi should have been the podium in any order, although I could have lived with Fleming or Lipinski on it as well. Schuba should have finished somewhere in the middle around 6th, the greatest compulsory figures skater ever deserved more respect. Witt I would have had around 8th or 9th.

skateboy
08-20-2012, 05:11 AM
My rankings would be:

1st: Kim
2nd: Witt
3rd: Lipinski

4th: Schuba
5th: Fleming
6th: Hamill
7th: Yamaguchi
8th: Arakawa
9th: Baiul
10th: Hughes
11th: Dijkstra
12th: Poetzsch

l'etoile
08-20-2012, 05:32 AM
On a brighter and funny note, here in this poll, Yuna made the podium, yet again! :lol: Her music choices have just been announced and I hope she continues her streak of records of being the only one to make podium in every competition she's entered!

judgejudy27
08-20-2012, 05:56 AM
I wonder how Kerrigan and Sumners who each lost Olympic Gold by .1 would have fared in this game. I imagine they would have been voted off right after Hughes probably.

AndyWarhol
08-20-2012, 11:09 AM
MICHELLE KWAN!

Finnice
08-20-2012, 01:45 PM
MICHELLE KWAN!
.:slinkaway
I was wondering why Michelle did not win this poll. Then I remembered.

Cherub721
08-20-2012, 03:29 PM
So happy Witt got her deserved win even with all the haters she has here. :respec:

sk8ingcoach
08-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Im not a Witt hater, but i dont believe she deserved to win this.

My opinion would have been
1: Kim (because she had the best olympics performances of all time)
2: Dorothy
3: Lipinski ( although not dominate throughout her short career, her Olympics performance was brilliant)
4: Witt ( although IMO technically weak, her presentation was #1 )
5: Fleming
6: Yamaguchi ( not the perfect performance but a solid performance, however i wish midori had won)
7: Dijkstra
8:Arakawa ( although she didn't need too, i wish she did her 3-3 combinations instead of playing it safe )
9: Schuba
10: Baiul ( although i really liked her short from olympics, the rest was boring and extremely weak technically)
11: Poetzsch
12: Hughes ( won of my favourite olympic performance, but because of her short and lack of a dominant career ive placed her last )

query5
08-20-2012, 04:35 PM
my list would be
1) peggy
2) katarina
3) dijkstra
4) Yu-Na
tieDorothy Hamilli
6) Kristi
7) Beatrix Schuba
8) Shizuka Arakawa
tie Tara Lipinski
10)Annette Poetzsch
11)Oskana Bauil
12) Sarah Hughes

Vash01
08-20-2012, 04:39 PM
If we are voting only for the Olympic gold winning performance, Yu na and Tara should rank very high. If we are voting for skating skills, artistry, and domination in their era, Katarina, Peggy and may be Dorothy should rank high. Kristi's OGM performace, despite two major mistakes, was quite strong. How many ladies have landed a 3L-3t combination in their Olympic LP? Just two (Kristi and Yu na).

Overall, I don't have a problem with Katarina winning this poll, but I am just a bit surprised because I thought she was hated on fsu, and I thought Yu na was the most beloved so she would win.

museksk8r
08-20-2012, 05:59 PM
sorry; double post. :wall:

museksk8r
08-20-2012, 06:11 PM
It must have been Kat's fabled telekinetic ability to stare down her competitors and cause them to break that boosted her to the top step of the podium. I don't think any of the voters want to get on her bad side. Kat was like Brooke Shields and Stephen King's Carrie wrapped into one fierce package. :EVILLE:;):P

l'etoile
08-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Overall, I don't have a problem with Katarina winning this poll, but I am just a bit surprised because I thought she was hated on fsu, and I thought Yu na was the most beloved so she would win.

IMO Yuna has both disadvantage and advantage being the only one who's currently competing. Surely she's beloved by many but there're also many haters like it has always been for any skaters with successful career in their time. Not to say that Yuna's third place in this poll is a big scheme of things, of course. I think it's an honor for her to stand so high among some of the most amazing and iconic olympic champions, which is well-deserved for her class.