PDA

View Full Version : Vaitsekhovskaya's interview with Zhulin

Pages : 1 [2]

caseyedwards
08-20-2012, 10:49 PM
It is very difficult to get 9's as PCS. P/B achieved this at Worlds, they even got some 10's in the FD. I don't know if B/S will be able to catch the first three in time for Sochi.

9's and 10's in PCS would be probably be tougher than the level 4 technical elements. But if B/S work hard and Zhulin is a good coach for them B/S should make a debut with all level 4's in technical elements.

Macassar88
08-20-2012, 10:54 PM
9's and 10's in PCS would be probably be tougher than the level 4 technical elements. But if B/S work hard and Zhulin is a good coach for them B/S should make a debut with all level 4's in technical elements.

Well they were getting from 7.25-9.5 in PCS at COC, so I don't see why they couldn't get from 8.5-9.5 in PCS and bump their SD PCS to 35-37 and their FD PCS to around 53.

caseyedwards
08-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Well they were getting from 7.25-9.5 in PCS at COC, so I don't see why they couldn't get from 8.5-9.5 in PCS and bump their SD PCS to 35-37 and their FD PCS to around 53.

It's definitely Zhulin's job to get rid of any thought of them deserving anything under 8. A Kustrova 7.25 is just not going to be acceptable being with Zhulin. Nothing under 8.5 or level 4. He says he is with hard workers now.

kwanfan1818
08-20-2012, 11:35 PM
[QUOTE=kwanfan1818;3663339]What does he mean by the first sentence?
That they are not questioning who is Zhulin n.1 pair since they are not world n. 1 and 2 yet.

Ah, thank you! (And for this great translation :cheer2:)

peibeck
08-20-2012, 11:56 PM
It's definitely Zhulin's job to get rid of any thought of them deserving anything under 8.

Well they got plenty of undeserving 8+ scores at Worlds for their messy OD, so I'm not too worried for how their politiking is progressing. :P

I feel for D/S to have to fight so hard to be prove themselves as Russian No. 1 ice dance team, because there are a lot of teams around their same level. For me, they are like the Petrova/Tikhonov of ice dance, talented but not particularly memorable, and their skating seems very self-conscious (rather than effortless). :shuffle: Hopefully Team Zhulin will give them programs this season that allow their personalities to shine through.

Sedge
08-21-2012, 02:16 AM
Zhulin: the skaters can smell the coach's sincerity. (http://www.sport-express.ru/newspaper/2012-08-20/13_3/?view=page)
!

Though now I think everything worked out for the best. Lena and Nikita are unique and working with them is a pleasure. But it's much nicer dealing with very hard working people. It is a huge talent to know how to work. That's the kind of group I have now. No matter what I offer them they do it. I attend every practice as if it was a celebration.

What a lovely way to express that Elena and Nikita did not train intensely...Imagine how good they could be with a strong work ethic.Nice praise for his new students.