PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Champion SURVIVOR: Final Round LADIES

Pages : [1] 2

skateboy
08-16-2012, 04:06 AM
Here we go, vote for the ultimate OLYMPIC CHAMPION SURVIVOR -- Ladies!

In Round 6, we said goodbye to:

3rd place (tie):
YUNA KIM and PEGGY FLEMING

Vote for the weakest link!

Skater91
08-16-2012, 04:12 AM
Katarina Witt should win this easy. I voted Dorothy the weakest.

sk8ingcoach
08-16-2012, 04:12 AM
Vote out Katarina

judgejudy27
08-16-2012, 04:21 AM
Ridiculous Yu Na and Peggy fans voting each other out, and leaving Witt safe. Witt cant win this, so voting for Witt of course. Dorothy blows Witt away in every skating category besides jumps, and even her doubles and double axels were much more powerful and strong. Also unlike Witt, Dorothy went onto a dominant professional career.

sk8ingcoach
08-16-2012, 04:25 AM
Ridiculous Yu Na and Peggy fans voting each other out, and leaving Witt safe. Witt cant win this, so voting for Witt of course. Dorothy blows Witt away in every skating category besides jumps, and even her doubles and double axels were much more powerful and strong. Also unlike Witt, Dorothy went onto a dominant professional career.

I agree, Yuna should have won IMO, and Katarina should have been eliminated ages ago. So my vote stays to vote out Katarina

flipforsynchro
08-16-2012, 04:26 AM
^Yuna should not have won

blue_idealist
08-16-2012, 04:50 AM
I'm voting out Dorothy because she has one OGM while Kat has too. I'm not even a Kat fan (well, only the professional days) and I considered voting her out before.. was rooting for Yuna to win.. but now that she and Dorothy are the ones left I think she deserves to win between the two.

falling_dance
08-16-2012, 06:05 AM
So, if there's a tie this time, does that mean that no one wins? :saint:

I know.

Vash01
08-16-2012, 06:11 AM
So, if there's a tie this time, does that mean that no one wins? :saint:

I know.

It should mean 'Double Gold'- right?:)

falling_dance
08-16-2012, 06:14 AM
It should mean 'Double Gold'- right?:)

I suspect so. My silly post resulted from my surprise at the last hour increase in votes for Kim; I was so sure that Fleming would finish FORTH in this game.

satchelpooch318
08-16-2012, 07:05 AM
I suspect so. My silly post resulted from my surprise at the last hour increase in votes for Kim; I was so sure that Fleming would finish FORTH in this game.

Damn, now I wish I had voted for Yu-Na! :P

Oh well, I'll just have to continue my anti-Witt streak here.

l'etoile
08-16-2012, 08:50 AM

:eek::eek:

falling_dance
08-16-2012, 09:15 AM
:eek::eek:

It wasn't a huge increase. Fleming was behind by three or four votes with just two hours to go. I was sure that the gap would only widen from there. :o

ETA: Perhaps it was all a penultimate-hour increase. I dunno.

Shaia
08-16-2012, 10:37 AM
I am bummed that Yuna didn't win this, as she should. :(

But there is comfort in that this FSU poll seems to have confirmed what NY Times said about Yuna:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/02/sports/olympics/02iht-OLYARENA.html?_r=1&ref=christopherclarey

"[H]er place as an all-time great [is] secure alongside the likes of Peggy Fleming, Dorothy Hamill and Katarina Witt." :D

briancoogaert
08-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Katarina is the weakest, IMO.
Dorothy has a much more solid skating, is much more elegant. Of course, Katarina has something really special, but Dorothy is the better skater, IMO.