PDA

View Full Version : Online dating advice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

my little pony
09-05-2012, 03:01 PM
maybe people could post pictures of themselves holding up a current newspaper like a hostage

antmanb
09-05-2012, 03:43 PM
maybe people could post pictures of themselves holding up a current newspaper like a hostage

The photoshop a lot of people use on their photos (like you'll not be able to tell when you meet them in real life) could also be used to fix the date on that newspaper :P

leesaleesa
09-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Women getting over on men? That's funny. Every last profile I have looked at, (other than the morbidly obese) list themselves as an "athletic" body type. The obese are "a few extra pounds".

Michael Phelps has an athletic body type. :rolleyes: These great catches are average at best, bald, and all seem to be salespeople/entrepeneurs. Nothing wrong with any of that, but beggars can't be choosers.

I do have a photo from two years ago with a dutch boy haircut. I'm peering around a door, and bear a striking resemblance to Evgeni Pluschenko. Should use that one.

I am going to do the hostage photo.

After looking at the women's profiles, I found them overall to be more attractive, intelligent, and professional seeming than these scatty guys. It's ironic that the fattest, greasiest, stupidest, unemployediest loser is quick to point out that he will accept no fat chicks, no women with kids, nor anyone with less than a well paying career.

Going to try meetup when I get back from vacation. This is depressing. Maybe I will make a date with one of the "no fat chick" asses, don a fat suit, and make the schlub buy me dinner. :lol:

heckles
09-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Women getting over on men? That's funny. Every last profile I have looked at, (other than the morbidly obese) list themselves as an "athletic" body type.

Don't forget the classic line: "I'm 55 but look 35." Uh-huh.

susan6
09-05-2012, 11:42 PM
After looking at the women's profiles, I found them overall to be more attractive, intelligent, and professional seeming than these scatty guys. It's ironic that the fattest, greasiest, stupidest, unemployediest loser is quick to point out that he will accept no fat chicks, no women with kids, nor anyone with less than a well paying career.

To be fair, some of them will couch it in slightly gentler terms. "Must take care of herself" is the polite way of saying "no fat chicks".

I've got a question about "chemistry". Is there something wrong with me that I don't feel it with anyone? I met with about 4-5 guys during my trial of a dating site, and....nothing. They seem like perfectly nice guys, but I feel.....kind of bored.

Cupid
09-05-2012, 11:48 PM
I've got a question about "chemistry". Is there something wrong with me that I don't feel it with anyone? I met with about 4-5 guys during my trial of a dating site, and....nothing. They seem like perfectly nice guys, but I feel.....kind of bored.

Either it's there or it isn't. One of the matchmakers on TV says you can't go by that instant chemistry feeling. I find that hard to believe. I think if there's no instant chemistry, then you'll just become friends if it goes any further than the first date.

Are you attracted physically to the men that turn out boring when you see them online? I'm also guessing that the best looking men get most of the attention and can pick and choose. Feel sorry for the other non-descript, average-at-best looking guys.

leesaleesa
09-05-2012, 11:59 PM

I don't know, but it's another thing they demand-"MUST HAVE CHEMISTRY"!!!!!!! "Don't waste my time if you don't think we'll have instant CHEMISTRY!!!!!

I was engaged quite young, and I at first wasn't sure if I was attracted to my fiancee. Three dates later I figured it out, but I would have missed out if I had gone with the initial "chemistry". I think most poeple are fairly nervous on a first meet, and it's illogical to expect everyting will be perfect.

Which is why so many of these fools are and will always be single.

Feel sorry for the other non-descript, average-at-best looking guys.

No need to. They are the worst offenders. I chatted for a bit with a some what homely gent who stated that Kate Upton was only a 7, and that she was fat. As if lady Kate would ever look in his portly little vicinity. Quite a few of them are demanding only the finest specimens of womenhood.

ArtisticFan
09-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Either it's there or it isn't. One of the matchmakers on TV says you can't go by that instant chemistry feeling. I find that hard to believe. I think if there's no instant chemistry, then you'll just become friends if it goes any further than the first date.

My husband and I couldn't stand each other when we first met. Thankfully we didn't rest on that.

leesaleesa
09-06-2012, 12:25 AM
If that TV Matchmaker is Patti Stanger, take it with a grain of salt. She's all about appearance and money, as are her clients.

You will live to regret tossing those nice guys over because there wasn't "chemistry" on a first date.

Anita18
09-06-2012, 07:10 AM
I thought the same thing! I thought I'd be become a cold-hearted b*tch after my first breakup. :lol: I think I'd gotten a lot more jaded, since my ex and I really had nothing in common and it was so painful trying to make something work when it just wasn't going to work....I was merely scoping out the guys more to make sure we were compatible before letting myself feel anything. But this meant that the guys figured I wasn't interested at all and would never ask me out again. :lol:

My fiance was the guy who kept asking me out, and I kept saying yes because I was incredibly comfortable with him. :P And we're both actually quite boring. Our idea of a good time is hanging out in a coffee shop and having a random conversation. :lol:

Are you attracted physically to the men that turn out boring when you see them online? I'm also guessing that the best looking men get most of the attention and can pick and choose. Feel sorry for the other non-descript, average-at-best looking guys.
It depends. My fiance is the anti-Bill Clinton. He's is a charisma black hole. He can barely look me in the eye and we've been together 4 years. Instant chemistry with him would be like, impossible. :lol:

But what we had was comfort. I didn't worry about how I acted or what I said around him. Or what I didn't say. He was very comfortable in our silence, and I was too. I think that's a big thing that many people overlook.

heckles
09-06-2012, 01:04 PM
I didn't worry about how I acted or what I said around him. Or what I didn't say. He was very comfortable in our silence, and I was too. I think that's a big thing that many people overlook.

"We have so much in common, we both love soup and snow peas, we love the outdoors, and talking and not talking. We could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about." :lol:

liv
09-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Yeah, i have met many guys who are attractive, but are not attractive to me. I can see that many women would think they were hot, but I just see them as ho hum.

I think that if you can't stand each other when you first meet someone, it shows that there is chemistry. Sparks are obviously flying or you wouldn't have such an aversion to someone. It's when you're "meh" about someone that it's not good... although sometimes the "meh" is what you want because you're comfortable. Geez, i don't think there's a formula for chemistry....LOL :D

OliviaPug
09-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Chemistry is just different for women, I think. Men seem to more often have the "lust at first sight" than women, or at least that's been my experience with myself and those I know. I didn't have any instant attraction to the guy I'm now seeing. At all! But the next time I saw him and had a chance to talk with him, jeez! Snap, crackle, pop! :lol: I didn't have instant chemistry with my ex-husband either. Come to think of it, did we ever have chemistry? (Just kidding -- yes, we did!) I've heard the story from lots of guys I know, including my ex-husband, that they knew they would be with or marry the woman the first time they saw them. I can't even begin to know what that feels like. When the most gorgeous guys in the world open their mouths and something ridiculous comes out, I am instantly turned off and running in the opposite direction!

O-

heckles
09-06-2012, 07:57 PM
When the most gorgeous guys in the world open their mouths and something ridiculous comes out, I am instantly turned off and running in the opposite direction!

Well, at least they have their hotness. There are far too many uglies in the world who aren't even smart.

OliviaPug
09-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Well, at least they have their hotness. There are far too many uglies in the world who aren't even smart.

Yep. You could always say: "Let's not talk. Let's just enjoy each other." :lol:

O-