PDA

View Full Version : Online dating advice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

michiruwater
08-28-2012, 08:52 PM
I've been on Plenty of Fish for like 48 hours and I got exactly one message, from a man a couple years older than me getting his graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering who clearly read my entire profile, and then sent a long, eloquent e-mail responding to the various parts of my personality or interests I'd written about in a friendly fashion. He was perfectly polite and interesting. No dick pix :P

So, I guess my point is, they're not all creepers. ;)

Anita18
08-28-2012, 09:38 PM
I've been on Plenty of Fish for like 48 hours and I got exactly one message, from a man a couple years older than me getting his graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering who clearly read my entire profile, and then sent a long, eloquent e-mail responding to the various parts of my personality or interests I'd written about in a friendly fashion. He was perfectly polite and interesting. No dick pix :P

So, I guess my point is, they're not all creepers. ;)
Dang, and I already told my fiance this week that he was the last sane guy on POF. :lol:

milanessa
08-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Dang, and I already told my fiance this week that he was the last sane guy on POF. :lol:

But your Bridezilla side is emerging. :lol:

Anita18
08-29-2012, 12:49 AM
But your Bridezilla side is emerging. :lol:
Hey, as long as I'm still having fun and there's no raging or hysterical crying, I think he's cool with that. :cool:

milanessa
08-29-2012, 02:37 AM
Hey, as long as I'm still having fun and there's no raging or hysterical crying, I think he's cool with that. :cool:

Let it out! ;)

Anita18
08-29-2012, 02:53 AM
Let it out! ;)
Talk to me next March and maybe I'll have changed my tune. ;)

leesaleesa
09-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Ugh. Here we go again.

Jeweler guy wants to meet, but I must first post more photos. If you're just looking for friends/casual dating, why more photos?

Again, Anita is right. Most of my gym compadres are muscle bound, bald, and covered in tribal tattoos. I'd rather a guy with a little meat hanging off his bones than a guy who has arms so pumped they stick out at the sides like an un-fat but still lumpish Michelin man.

I did see a guy who was wearing nerdy sweat pants who was actually polite enough to step outside to take a phone call. He may be a bit young, though.

heckles
09-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Jeweler guy wants to meet, but I must first post more photos.

What, the guy is saying that you need to post more photos before he'll meet you? Scratch this one off the list.

leesaleesa
09-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Yeah, they are all obsessed with pictures. Makes me wonder what they're doing with those pictures.

heckles
09-05-2012, 01:57 AM
Any guy who wants you to post a modeling portfolio isn't worth your time.

Anita18
09-05-2012, 02:11 AM
Yeah, they are all obsessed with pictures. Makes me wonder what they're doing with those pictures.
They also seem to forget that most people look drastically different in real life than photos. My fiance was much more dorky-looking in person than in the photos he posted. :lol: Some guys really don't have a clue...

my little pony
09-05-2012, 02:13 AM
to be fair, my friend cami only posts pictures that are now almost 20 yrs old. the dog in the pictures has been dead almost 10 years.

to bring some threads together, they were her engagement photos with the groom cropped out

Anita18
09-05-2012, 02:23 AM
to be fair, my friend cami only posts pictures that are now almost 20 yrs old. the dog in the pictures has been dead almost 10 years.
That would be the main reason why many people look different in real life than photos. :rofl:

heckles
09-05-2012, 05:36 AM

Oh, I "get" that these guys want multiple pictures because they think women are trying to pull one over on them. That suspicion alone doesn't obligate leesaleesa to keep posting photos until this dweeb is satisfied that she's worth meeting.

Cupid
09-05-2012, 02:55 PM
I think it's better to post photos of yourself not looking your exact best. That way, when they meet you face to face, they're pleasantly surprised. :lol: