Cupid
08-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Well SOME of us aren't babes like Cupid here! :mad:

:P

Unfortunately, they are never my type! :lol:

Salome
08-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Unfortunately, they are never my type! :lol:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but aren't you married with kids?

leesaleesa
08-21-2012, 10:36 PM
What kind of gym do you all go to? I go to the bare bones, body builder type places where they're too busy pumping and stuff. I don't get hit on much, but I do get free tips from pros. I get off work at 3:30, so I probably get in and out before the meatheads show up.

modern_muslimah
08-22-2012, 02:20 AM
What kind of gym do you all go to? I go to the bare bones, body builder type places where they're too busy pumping and stuff. I don't get hit on much, but I do get free tips from pros. I get off work at 3:30, so I probably get in and out before the meatheads show up.

Same here (bare bones gym). Most of the people at my gym seem too busy using the weights or cardio machines to flirt with anyone. Of course my hijab could be a deterrent to guys hitting on me too.

leesaleesa
08-22-2012, 10:55 PM
I noticed that a lot of women sit around on equipment, and when they're not taking breaks, move too slowly to break a sweat. I sweat like two horses, and do not dress like Jennifer Beals in "Flashdance" (Seems to be popular look again), so I get ignored by the meatheads, which is fine by me.

orbitz
08-23-2012, 01:10 AM
Also, I've met more creepy guys at my gym than online. :shuffle: This is probably because you have a way of blocking the online creeps, but when a guy starts to follow you around on the machines and then tries to start an awkward conversation, there isn't a whole lot of escape aside from cutting your workout short. :o And changing the times you go to the gym, if the guy is creepy enough that you want to avoid him again entirely.

You'll reach an age one day where you wish there were guys still chasing you. Enjoy the attention while it last ;)

Smiley0884
08-23-2012, 03:03 AM
You'll reach an age one day where you wish there were guys still chasing you. Enjoy the attention while it last ;)

Not too sure about that. I basically get harassed/bombarded and it's so annoying. Today I was walking briskly to work, in my hideous work uniform, with my earbuds in, sun glasses on, and some guy screamed across they street "HEY BAYBAY! LEMME GET YO NUMBAH!!! YEAH YOU BEAUTIFUL.!!! IN KNOW YOU HEAH ME!!!" :scream: :confused: :rolleyes: In what universe does this person live in that women respond to being cat-called in such a manner?

In regards to the gym...I used to work out at planet fitness so I guess I got what I paid for....:slinkaway

Anita18
08-23-2012, 03:15 AM
"Still?" It doesn't happen often enough for me to miss it. :lol: It :confused: me more than anything else!

michiruwater
08-23-2012, 03:24 AM
He wasn't trying to get you to actually respond to him. He was exerting a form of control over you by cat-calling you in that manner. He was doing that because society tells him that he, as a male, can make cat-calls at a woman about her body while she is going around every day life. It reduces women to their bodies only.

Smiley0884
08-23-2012, 03:27 AM
Either way it was unwanted "attention" that will not be missed.

michiruwater
08-23-2012, 03:48 AM
That I agree with.

modern_muslimah
08-23-2012, 05:26 PM
He wasn't trying to get you to actually respond to him. He was exerting a form of control over you by cat-calling you in that manner. He was doing that because society tells him that he, as a male, can make cat-calls at a woman about her body while she is going around every day life. It reduces women to their bodies only.

True. There is a teenage boy who lives across the street from my ex-husband who use to cat-call me. I'm sure he knew that there was no chance in hell I was going to actually give him any thought. He just did it because his friends were around (most of the time) and it was a way to show them that, like you said, he was in control. I just ignored him and now whenever he sees me he says nothing.

The terrible thing is that his mother leads by example. She cat-calls my ex-husband. My ex says that made him understand how women feel when they're objectified. Sad it had to happen that way but I don't think a lot of men even understand how it feels unless they're put in a similar situation.

canbelto
08-24-2012, 01:34 AM
Just joined POF yesterday. Definitely a lot of creeps.

Anita18
08-24-2012, 01:49 AM
Just joined POF yesterday. Definitely a lot of creeps.
Did I manage to nab the last sane non-creep from POF? :rofl:

modern_muslimah
08-24-2012, 01:52 AM
http://www.annalsofonlinedating.com/

This site is so funny and disturbing. I think a lot of the stories come from POF and OkCupid.